• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes but in PMD Pokémon have built whole ass civilisations and afaik Humans aren’t a thing. It’s iffy to scale feats from that Universe to mainline games, hence why it’s mentioned in the blog nearly all spin-offs should be considered non-canon (A.K.A. if indexed should be done separately)
They're all canon via shared multiverse.

Just like games/manga/anime, there's a stark difference that makes cross scaling impossible

Sorry for my absence. Life's rather hectic on my end. Anyways, responding to things now:
Okay, but it should still be removed, as it may provoke others.
Alright, I'll remove the image later today/tomorrow. Was a good meme while it lasted.
Ah, gotcha, is there a summarized version I can work off of? I can start applying changes tomorrow if I know what the pages are being changed to
The blog functions as a sort of 'guide' for what changes to apply/how they should be applied/what changes should be made. The original thread (linked in the blog/this thread) also has a more detailed guideline of the various 'canons'.
Link to that thread, please?

Also, I should mention in advance, I have difficulty bringing myself to editing. Nonetheless, I do like to think that I am knowledgeable about Pokemon, so I appreciate being notified for this. I'm just apprehensive about if I will be able to contribute as desired. Apologies.
It's alright brother. Any little bit helps. Whenever you've got the time and the will, try to help! :D
Is PMD also being considered it's own continuity?

And in the same vein, are we allowing move scaling for the games?
PMD is it's own canon, yes. I think I explicitly said so in the OP for the original thread. Move scaling sounds fine, I guess.

I'll try to start work on pokemon profiles later today/tomorrow, according to pokedex entries (because we love that gen one bias, baby).

Like there hasn't been any new scaling on this thread, and the profiles are still using the same composite scaling with the Anime, Manga and games.

So what feat is going to be replacing the 7-B feat for mid-stage pokemon profiles? I'm assuming it's the High 7-C Pupitar feat of toppling a mountain?

imma just come here and say some stuff cause it feels like nobody remembers feats here.

the feats are

game:
-Magikarp wrecks a rock (9-B to 9-A) and Magikarp jump (9-A)
-Magikarp survive the explosion that vaporized the lake. using the sizes from PLA you could get high 8-C to 8-B results
-8-C feat by magby vaporizing a pond
-Pikachu Catastropika being Low 7-C
-High 7-C Pupitar toppling feat which is technically Low 7-B cause after checking things out it was not topple but destroy in the og translation
-Low 7-B feat by Rhyhorn (mountain busting)
-At least Low 7-B feat by G-max Copperajah (mountain busting)
-7-B feat by Volcarona (mentioned above)
-7-B feat by G-max Rillaboom (shaking all Galar)
-7-A feat by Gigalith (i got blowing away a mountain accepted at at least baseline 7-A)
-7-A Defog feat
-High 7-A feat by Tyranitar

manga:
-good luck with unevolved mons lmao
-7-C feat of Magikarp surviving lake vaporization at a distance (accepted and made by dragonmaster)
-7-B feat by Delibird (unusable)
-7-B Dragonair feat (i had it accepted as usable in a CRT where that feat was challenged by many and i was able to counter the counter arguments)
-High 7-A feat by Piloswine (scales to fully evolved mons)

anime:
-various 8-C to 8-B feats for low tiers like that one time morpeko made an explosion that was as tall as a 30+ floor skyscraper
-Low 7-C Lopunny freezing feat
-High 7-C Piplup feat
-Low 7-B Tyranitar shattering mountains with one hand
-7-A Gigalith blowing away mountains

PMD:
-7-A+ feat of Charizard melting mountains

Use this however i want. I just didn't wanna see a High 7-C Tyranitar in the near future and had to share some of the stuff.

I can go through the dex entries and move animations to compile feats later, but it's probably gonna have to be a group effort to go through the games themselves to find in-game feats

imma just come here and say some stuff cause it feels like nobody remembers feats here.

the feats are

game:
-Magikarp survive the explosion that vaporized the lake. using the sizes from PLA you could get high 8-C to 8-B results
-High 7-C Pupitar toppling feat which is technically Low 7-B cause after checking things out it was not topple but destroy in the og translation
-7-A feat by Gigalith (i got blowing away a mountain accepted at at least baseline 7-A)
-7-A Defog feat

manga:
-good luck with unevolved mons lmao
-7-C feat of Magikarp surviving lake vaporization at a distance (accepted and made by dragonmaster)
-7-B feat by Delibird (unusable)
-7-B Dragonair feat (i had it accepted as usable in a CRT where that feat was challenged by many and i was able to counter the counter arguments)
-High 7-A feat by Piloswine (scales to fully evolved mons)

anime:
-various 8-C to 8-B feats for low tiers like that one time morpeko made an explosion that was as tall as a 30+ floor skyscraper
-Low 7-C Lopunny freezing feat
-High 7-C Piplup feat
-Low 7-B Tyranitar shattering mountains with one hand
-7-A Gigalith blowing away mountains

PMD:
-7-A+ feat of Charizard melting mountains

Use this however i want. I just didn't wanna see a High 7-C Tyranitar in the near future and had to share some of the stuff.
Good work

I can go through the dex entries and move animations to compile feats later, but it's probably gonna have to be a group effort to go through the games themselves to find in-game feats
Bulbapedia seems to have the move animations. And you'd find them on YouTube as well

Gigantamax Venusaur:

Sword: In battle, this Pokémon swings around two thick vines. If these vines slammed into a 10-story building, they could easily topple it.

Shield: Huge amounts of pollen burst from it with the force of a volcanic eruption. Breathing in too much of the pollen can cause fainting.

Not sure what knocking over a skyscraper would yield AP-wise but the shield entry is a solid 7-B feat

Charmeleon:

Red/LeafGreen/Y: When it swings its burning tail, it elevates the temperature to unbearably high levels.

Again, unsure what this would exactly yield but it should be presumably comparable to Magneton who does the same thing, which yielded 8-A

Charizard:

Red: Spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders. Known to cause forest fires unintentionally.

Stadium: Its fiery breath reaches incredible temperatures. It can quickly melt glaciers weighing 10,000 tons.

LeafGreen: It spits fire that is hot enough to melt boulders. It may cause forest fires by blowing flames.

Alright now we're getting somewhere. I could've sworn there were calcs for both of these feats floating around on the wiki somewhere...

Curious where reshiram's atmosphere stuff and kyurem freezing unova come from.

Is it possible to calc ampharos' "visible from space" light?

Gigantamax Blastoise:

Shield: Water fired from this Pokémon's central main cannon has enough power to blast a hole into a mountain.

Curious where reshiram's atmosphere stuff and kyurem freezing unova come from.

Is it possible to calc ampharos' "visible from space" light?
The pokedex for reshiram, kyurem's freezing feat came from Black and White 2 where it froze half of unova in the second act of the game

I could've sworn ampharos' feat was calced

Metapod:

Ruby: The shell covering this Pokémon's body is as hard as an iron slab. Metapod does not move very much. It stays still because it is preparing its soft innards for evolution inside the hard shell.

Diamond: A steel-hard shell protects its tender body. It quietly endures hardships while awaiting evolution.

Ultra Moon: Its hard shell doesn't crack a bit even if Pikipek pecks at it, but it will tip over, spilling out its insides.

Thanks, and so from what i understand, the three medias are canon but now cross scaling is off outside god tiers?

Gigantamax cinderance's ball can reach about 100 meters, and i think it explodes when used?

Butterfree:

Ultra Moon: Nectar from pretty flowers is its favorite food. In fields of flowers, it has heated battles with Cutiefly for territory.

Gigantamax Butterfree:

Shield: Once it has opponents trapped in a tornado that could blow away a 10-ton truck, it finishes them off with its poisonous scales.

Pidgey:

Stadium: If at all possible, it will try to avoid battles. Small or weak enemies are blown away by Whirlwind.

Pidgeotto:

FireRed: The claws on its feet are well developed. It can carry prey such as an Exeggcute to its nest over 60 miles away.

Pidgeot:

Red: When hunting, it skims the surface of water at high speed to pick off unwary prey such as Magikarp.

Yellow: This Pokémon flies at Mach 2 speed, seeking prey. Its large talons are feared as wicked weapons.

Diamond: By flapping its wings with all its might, Pidgeot can make a gust of wind capable of bending tall trees.

HeartGold: Its well-developed chest muscles make it strong enough to whip up a gusty windstorm with just a few flaps.

Pikachu:

Red: When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms.

Emerald: It stores electricity in the electric sacs on its cheeks. When it releases pent-up energy in a burst, the electric power is equal to a lightning bolt.

Raichu:

Legends: Arceus: It can discharge bursts of electricity exceeding 100,000 volts—a single strike with that amount of power would incapacitate one of the Copperajah of my homeland.

India no longer canon to pokemon smh my head

game:
-7-A Defog feat
There’s also Cleffa’s 8-C feat that may or may not be useable.

Alolan Sandshrew:

Ultra Sun: After fleeing a volcanic eruption, it ended up moving to an area of snowy mountains. Its ice shell is as hard as steel.

Nidorino:

Sword: With a horn that's harder than diamond, this Pokémon goes around shattering boulders as it searches for a moon stone.

Nidoking:

Emerald: A Nidoking's thick tail packs enormously destructive power capable of toppling a metal transmission tower. Once it goes on a rampage, there is no stopping it.

Dugtrio:

RedA team of Diglett triplets. It triggers huge earthquakes by burrowing 60 miles underground.
Stadium Diglett triplets that always travel together. Known to burrow more than 60 miles underground and trigger quakes.

Poliwrath:

Ultra Moon The muscles it has developed through swimming are thick and powerful. When it lands a square punch, it can turn huge boulders to dust.

Machamp:

RedUsing its heavy muscles, it throws powerful punches that can send the victim clear over the horizon.
Yellow One arm alone can move mountains. Using all four arms, this Pokémon fires off awesome punches.

Gigantamax Machamp
Sword The Gigantamax energy coursing through its arms makes its punches hit as hard as bomb blasts.

Tentacool?

Sapphire Tentacool absorbs sunlight and refracts it using water inside its body to convert it into beam energy. This Pokémon shoots beams from its crystal-like eyes.
FireRed Its eyes are as transparent as crystals. From them, it shoots mysterious beams of light.
Alpha Sapphire Tentacool absorbs sunlight and refracts it using water inside its body to convert it into beam energy. This Pokémon shoots beams from the small round organ above its eyes.

Could justify some good speed feats if anything has reacted to this

Golem:

RedIts boulder-like body is extremely hard. It can easily withstand dynamite blasts without damage.
Silver It is capable of blowing itself up. It uses this explosive force to jump from mountain to mountain.
Crystal Its rock-like body is so durable, even high-powered dynamite blasts fail to scratch its rugged hide.

Also powers and Abilities for Pokémon should go off their moves they learn or have shown also their Pokedex depending on the Continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back