• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gotta Revise 'Em All, Part 2: Getting to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayewale

He/Him
So I've managed to create a blog over here going over the future standards for Pokemon profiles. While most of what was in the blog has already been accepted, I would still like input on some of it's sections (especially the last one), as though I tried to make the blog helpful, it could serve to be bigger.

More importantly, this CRT (I think) is where I'd start going over some of the changes to make to Pokemon Profiles. Having discussed it in private with some other members, the best way going forward would be to tinker with minor Pokemon Profiles first (not Legendaries, Mythicals or the like) so that we can get through more Pokemon quicker.

The trainer profiles, as are, are pretty well-split, so those pages should be considered low-priority for now. The legendary pages are the Pokemon that would be hit hardest by the split, though (independent of Arceus) so we probably either have to put a large "WIP, no battles" sign on them or hit the delete button.

One thing I'd like immediate help with is making a list of moves that differ from the anime (like significantly differ). Only a 'few' vary dramatically but that's a lot of wiki-ratting. I'd like help with this, even if it was just occasional notes from the comment section.

This isn't a very long CRT but we've got a thousand posts and like a dozen essays on this subject so most of the heavy-lifting was in the previous thread, which you can find here.

Edit: Here is a mock mew profile I am making as an example of what future profiles would look like (I will wayback machine this link once I change my sandbox).

Edit 2: Here is a work-in-progress list of all move differences.

Last edited:
@Saikou_The_Lewd_King @Kirbyelmejor @Inverted_Tempest @The_2nd_Existential_Seed @Niarobi_(Formerly_Hadou) @Starter_Pack @Bobsican @GyroNutz @Nemo212 @Robot972 @Sans2345 @Udlmaster @SamanPatou @Crimson_Shadow101 @Gilad_Hyperstar @Imaginym @CloverDragon03 @CuddleFox @Spinoirr @Random-Helper323 @The_real_cal_howard @RadicalMrR @ArbitraryNumbers @Peter_"Quicksilver"_Maximoff @Elizhaa @PlozAlcachaz @MarvelFanatic119 @Demiipoke @SuperKamiNappa @SomebodyData @Amelia_Lonelyheart @AnimeFanboy2916 @Dragonmasterxyz @ExerciseDancefloors @Kirbyelmejor @WeeklyBattles @Colonel_Krukov @GameHearo266 @Shadowbokunohero @GreyFang82 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Niarobi @Kaltias @Edwellken @KingEzran @GyroNutz @CalebTB12 @TriforcePower1 @Roachman40 @Alien_Dual_Blaster @The_Element_Kirbies @GojiBoyForever @Stalker_Maggot @CrackerVolley @Psychomaster35 @StrymULTRA @Ionliosite @DragonGamerZ913 @ElixirBlue @Firestorm808 @Realjackthegamer312 @KieranH10 @Valiant_Abyss @Executor_N0 @CuddleFox @Arceus0x @AceOfSpaces3709 @FinePoint @Gilad_Hyperstar @Glitch_Trainer_MangleMan25 @Megamangohan @Theglassman12 @RayWarrior01 @DarkDragonMedeus @The_Smashor

We need help with properly applying this revision, so if any of you are interested in helping out, please mention it here.

However, also take note that we already had an extremely long discussion thread in which this was accepted, so that is definitely over and done with. If you disagree and wish to protest here, that is not what this thread is for, and will only derail and waste all of our time.

Meaning, genuine help is very appreciated, but derailment and obstruction is definitely not. If you are unwilling to help out here, please just avoid responding instead.

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration in these regards.

Ok, here’s a basic start

Trainer’s Physicals scale to Red from the Manga, Pokémon scale to Mainline Games

Please don't ping me again in one of these threads. I dislike everything about these revisions and i do not wish to participate in them. If deleting myself from the supporters list will prevent it then so be it.
Well, it isn't so easy to remember all of the specific preferences of several hundred active members, but my apologies about that then.

I already covered that you should just avoid responding if you disagree.

It seems best to delete derailing posts, so we can get something productive done here.

Yes, any mocking images should be removed. We are doing this for the sake of accuracy, not spite.

Okay, but it should still be removed, as it may provoke others.

Well, we need help with properly applying this revision.

Ah, gotcha, is there a summarized version I can work off of? I can start applying changes tomorrow if I know what the pages are being changed to

I think this is still a work in progress, but @Ayewale is probably willing to help you out with information.

I guess the main thing for me is how are the Game Legendaries going to be scaled from now on? What feats do we have for the guys who won't be scaling from the SM legendaries anymore?

None of those need to be rescaled though, I'm talking more about mons like Zygarde and Kyurem
Kyurem would scale to reshiram and zekrom's feat of destroying the planet's atmosphere as well as it's own feat of freezing half of unova

Dunno for zygarde but I feel like theres something it has

None of those need to be rescaled though, I'm talking more about mons like Zygarde and Kyurem
Current Regi pages uses the manga feat against Groudon and Kyogre as the base for their scaling.

Zekrom and Reshiram are stated to be capable of scorching the Earth in the Pokedex, so that could be High 6-A for them.
Reading the quote, it doesn't really seem to me that it should be taking that literal; as in it has the power to raze the whole surface of the Earth at once, when it mentions scorching the world. More a case of how someone creating a giant fire that wipes out a large plot of land is scorching the earth.

Thank you to everybody who are helping out here.

Reading the quote, it doesn't really seem to me that it should be taking that literal; as in it has the power to raze the whole surface of the Earth at once, when it mentions scorching the world. More a case of how someone creating a giant fire that wipes out a large plot of land is scorching the earth.
I don’t really see how it’d be like that when it specifically says scorching the world, not scorching the earth. Plus Reshiram is stated to be able to move the atmosphere and change the planet’s weather, which should support it having Tier 6 levels of power.

So I'm going to ask now, when it comes to editing pages, do I have to provide sandboxes for the changes every time or can I edit them at will?

So I'm going to ask now, when it comes to editing pages, do I have to provide sandboxes for the changes every time or can I edit them at will?
Well, you should preferably give general explanations for the changes that you wish to apply to several pages, and get them accepted by our staff here, first at least, but I think that handling hundreds of pages one at a time seems like a bad idea.

However, also take note that we already had an extremely long discussion thread in which this was accepted, so that is definitely over and done with.
Link to that thread, please?

Also, I should mention in advance, I have difficulty bringing myself to editing. Nonetheless, I do like to think that I am knowledgeable about Pokemon, so I appreciate being notified for this. I'm just apprehensive about if I will be able to contribute as desired. Apologies.

Link to that thread, please?
See here please:

Also, I should mention in advance, I have difficulty bringing myself to editing. Nonetheless, I do like to think that I am knowledgeable about Pokemon, so I appreciate being notified for this. I'm just apprehensive about if I will be able to contribute as desired. Apologies.
Okay. No problem.

To put in general statements, what did we accept to revise about how we treat the verse?

For example, what changes will happen to the Pikachu profile?

Last edited:
To put in general statements, what did we accept to revise about how we treat the verse?

For example, what changes will happen to the Pikachu profile?
Well I’m not using Pikachu here but most mid-stage evolutions (Such as Charmeleon) scale to a feat performed in the Pokémon Manga, that feat would now be exclusive to a Manga profile, and we’d have to find new feats for mid-stage Pokémon originating from Anime and Games

Well I’m not using Pikachu here but most mid-stage evolutions (Such as Charmeleon) scale to a feat performed in the Pokémon Manga, that feat would now be exclusive to a Manga profile, and we’d have to find new feats for mid-stage Pokémon originating from Anime and Games
So the anime and games are considered the same continuity and the manga is it's own thing now?

Is PMD also being considered it's own continuity?

And in the same vein, are we allowing move scaling for the games?

Well, they are RPGs and follow the four move thing, so they should be under games, right?
Well yes but in PMD Pokémon have built whole ass civilisations and afaik Humans aren’t a thing. It’s iffy to scale feats from that Universe to mainline games, hence why it’s mentioned in the blog nearly all spin-offs should be considered non-canon (A.K.A. if indexed should be done separately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back