• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gol D. Roger vs Dracule Mihawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait wait wait we barley know how Roger actually fights so why are we even using him? I get having his profile for indexing but i wouldn't suggest using him in matches until we get a full scope
Looked through the versus thread rules and yeah this match shouldn't have been made:

"It is not advised to create versus threads with characters in an ongoing series without, or severely lacking, quantifiable statistics."

Shanks to WB has statements,
nope not one, just kaido thoughts on those that can beat him
. Mihawk and Vista don't scale to one another, they simply just clashed,
no they fought
while Mihawk wasn't even trying, he was focused on Luffy.
no he was not, the moment vista stopped him he was focused and pinned till he decided to surrender.
if he was way stronger than vista according to the profiles, he would have one shot vista or simply outclassed him easily but he himself said this is going no where
They were not shown equal, statements already debunk that premise of yours completely.
no statement debunked it. and feats says mihwak = vista
marco >>>>> vista
guess who one shot marco?

They clashed without any context behind it, there's other statements given out afterwards, so I don't know why you continue to say this. It doesn't matter if they're vague or not, they're still referring to the people as a whole, this would include everything in their arsenal.
why do they include everything in their arsenal
Again irrelevant, Whitebeard didn't use Haki for his 6-B feat. That's a result of him casually flexing on the Navy, said flex was just a result of him punching lightly with 2 arms. Nothing Haki rated here .
And Whitebeard with Haki is above that
Not defending a friend, you were inherently wrong as evident in the RV thread there nobody agreed with you.
You are very much defending a friend you are using past experiences with him as your argument

nope not one, just kaido thoughts on those that can beat him

no they fought

no he was not, the moment vista stopped him he was focused and pinned till he decided to surrender.
if he was way stronger than vista according to the profiles, he would have one shot vista or simply outclassed him easily but he himself said this is going no where

no statement debunked it. and feats says mihwak = vista
marco >>>>> vista
guess who one shot marco?
There's a statement saying WB and Shanks are equal now.
Vista uses skill to match AP, skill as a whole, not to mention nobody hit anybody with the AP, so this doesn't really mean anything.
When did he surrender? He was still focused on luffy while clashing with vista, this doesn't mean anything. Where did he say it was going no where.

With your logic, Mihawk would be weaker than Marco and Current Zoro, but narratively we know that's not the case. Yes statements debunk that, the Mihawk CRT as a whole literally proves that, go read it. Mihawk and him clashing doesn't mean anything, you can also argue it's an outlier, just like Crocodile clashing With Mihawk, as well as Daz Bonez. Skill being used against it is also arguable.

and Whitebeard was not nearly as capable of using all the tools in his arsenal as his past self
Yeah, because he's not capable of using them though, DURING marineford he couldn't because he was stabbed and had a heart attack, while impaled with Magma, he was sick. This doesn't disprove anything though.

Yeah, because he's not capable of using them though, DURING marineford he couldn't because he was stabbed and had a heart attack, while impaled with Magma, he was sick. This doesn't disprove anything though.
You are using old whitebeard who was sick and lived with life support

You are using old whitebeard who was sick and lived with life support
This is due to health issues, which messed with his durability and other problems. When we talk about strength as a whole that STILL remains. Him living with life support, and being sick, does NOT all of a sudden mean his strength his gone, yet there's 2 statements of him retaining his strength. Remember, squard stabbed him, he had a heart attack and threw up, so once again, that is why he couldn't use his haki.

There's a statement saying WB and Shanks are equal now.
please bring it
Vista uses skill to match AP, skill as a whole, not to mention nobody hit anybody with the AP, so this doesn't really mean anything.
except if the AP was greater mihawk would have stomped
and do you mean to imply vista is more skilled than mihawk??
When did he surrender? He was still focused on luffy while clashing with vista, this doesn't mean anything. Where did he say it was going no where.
the moment he gave up on the fight. and no he was no longer focused on luffy
With your logic, Mihawk would be weaker than Marco and Current Zoro, but narratively we know that's not the case. Yes statements debunk that, the Mihawk CRT as a whole literally proves that, go read it. Mihawk and him clashing doesn't mean anything, you can also argue it's an outlier, just like Crocodile clashing With Mihawk, as well as Daz Bonez. Skill being used against it is also arguable.
but mihawk scaling wont be an outlier????????
narratively no one scales to the likes of kaido and roger and prime wb and BM
Daz bonez got chopped up, crocodile also clashed with doffy so yes he can clash with mihawk

please bring it
"Remember to thoroughly read the basic statistics and powers of both profiles before posting on a versus thread. This prevents threads from becoming needlessly long and saves users the trouble of having to completely explain each character's powers and abilities for each and every thread."

This is due to health issues, which messed with his durability and other problems. When we talk about strength as a whole that STILL remains. Him living with life support, and being sick, does NOT all of a sudden mean his strength his gone, yet there's 2 statements of him retaining his strength. Remember, squard stabbed him, he had a heart attack and threw up, so once again, that is why he couldn't use his haki.
Sick means you are weaker

please bring it

Daz bonez got chopped up, crocodile also clashed with doffy so yes he can clash with mihawk
Let me bring it to you.

Vista was stated to clash with Mihawk via skill
"He has the skills to compete w/ the strongest swordsman in the world"

Not "Strength"

I'm referring to Daz Bonez blocking a Mihawk slash.

Doffy in no way scales to Mihawk, Crocodile Clashing with Doffy makes sense, but clashing with Mihawk AP wise is a clear outlier, but it's already stated to be Skill.

Let me bring it to you.

Not "Strength"

I'm referring to Daz Bonez blocking a Mihawk slash.

Doffy in no way scales to Mihawk, Crocodile Clashing with Doffy makes sense, but clashing with Mihawk AP wise is a clear outlier, but it's already stated to be Skill.
So Vistas Skill outclasses Mihawk by such a hilarious margin that he can clash with him then

He is on life support he takes a second to even stand up when getting out of it
Being on medication normally is harder to do things like that, yet at marineford BEFORE he gets stabbed, he's easily able to demolish people and send people like aokiji crashing into the ocean with a casual quake, you have no way to prove that his strength got weaker. Anyways we're derailing this thread.

please bring it

Scroll down, there's a statement of shanks = WB

Having Skill /=/ AP

Not to mention they didn't even hit one another.
didn't say that was the case
Being on medication normally is harder to do things like that, yet at marineford BEFORE he gets stabbed, he's easily able to demolish people and send people like aokiji crashing into the ocean with a casual quake, you have no way to prove that his strength got weaker.
Being weaker in a way that uses his whole body means his whole body is weaker

Also as stated previously
Roger has barely appeared in the series so people should wait to make fights with him

"Remember to thoroughly read the basic statistics and powers of both profiles before posting on a versus thread. This prevents threads from becoming needlessly long and saves users the trouble of having to completely explain each character's powers and abilities for each and every thread."
"remember to keep quiet"
Let me bring it to you.

so vista is a better swordman than mihawk?
yes so his AP is comparable to mihawk, unless u want to say he has higher AP than mihawk.
sorry let me explain to you clearly
it is either of two scenario
1. vista used his skills to match a greater AP
2. he used his AP to match a greater skill
Not "Strength"
so he has the skill to suppress mihawk AP?

didn't say that was the case

Being weaker in a way that uses his whole body means his whole body is weaker

Also as stated previously
Roger has barely appeared in the series so people should wait to make fights with him
You pretty much did.

Being weaker, can include a body, but strength doesn't get included into that, without statements, and in whitebeard's case, the power for him is still retained throughout his youth, which has 2 different scans and statements to prove that. Not to mention him being sick doesn't come into play until squard stabs him.

Anyways, we're derailing

"remember to keep quiet"

so vista is a better swordman than mihawk?

yes so his AP is comparable to mihawk, unless u want to say he has higher AP than mihawk.
sorry let me explain to you clearly
it is either of two scenario
1. vista used his skills to match a greater AP
2. he used his AP to match a greater skill

so he has the skill to suppress mihawk AP?
Clashing Someone with Skill /=/ ap, so you're confusing it again.
His skills doesn't mean he surpasses mihawk, you're still confusing it. Skills /=/ AP, so they aren't relative in comparison, of course Mihawk has superior skills, but vista would still have the skills to clash him. Not to mention vista is already possibly 6-B on his profile, so this argument shouldn't even be happening.

You pretty much did.
nope I said he had way better skill which you stated he used skill to keep up with Mihawk. keeping up with someone stronger via skill is a skill based feat
Being weaker, can include a body, but strength doesn't get included into that, without statements, and in whitebeard's case, the power for him is still retained throughout his youth, which has 2 different scans and statements to prove that. Not to mention him being sick doesn't come into play until squard stabs him.
He was always sick once it started stacking with other problems was when it got way worse

no there is a statement of him being a competitor
and "eventually" was used
so yes it was when he became a yonkou it doesnt mean strength in this scenario.
competitor implies strength, they wouldn't be competing if shanks was thousands of times weaker. If you have a problem with it, make a CRT debunking it.

nope I said he had way better skill which you stated he used skill to keep up with Mihawk. keeping up with someone stronger via skill is a skill based feat

He was always sick once it started stacking with other problems was when it got way worse
It is a skill based feat, so if they both have the skills to do so, then they would both be able to clash without AP being implied.

I'm talking about when it was put into play, him being sick was never referred to strength, it varies from person to person, and for his case, it's stated he had the same old strength TWICE.

Two statements. Now, we can stop derailing.

It is a skill based feat, so if they both have the skills to do so, then they would both be able to clash without AP being implied.
Skill + Power trumps skill so it proves Vistas skill is better since he can overcome the powergap
I'm talking about when it was put into play, him being sick was never referred to strength, it varies from person to person, and for his case, it's stated he had the same old strength TWICE.
being sick was shown to make him weaker
Two statements.
Statements not feats

Skill + Power trumps skill so it proves Vistas skill is better since he can overcome the powergap

being sick was shown to make him weaker

Statements not feats
Not neccesarily true, I told you they don't equate to in a battle sense, skill can match up for the AP difference, especially if they skill is relative, nobody HIT no one, so nothing proves what would've happened.

This was only shown after squard stabbed him, not before which I mentioned.

Two statements > 1 feat.

Not neccesarily true, I told you they don't equate to in a battle sense, skill can match up for the AP difference, especially if they skill is relative, nobody HIT no one, so nothing proves what would've happened.

This was only shown after squard stabbed him, not before which I mentioned.

Two statements > 1 feat.
It was shown at both times 1 feat>two statements especially when they are vague with words like competitor

not my argument, i said nothing in that said anything about shanks personal strength but rather him becoming a yonko.
and yes shanks was stated to have the most impressive crew.
Yonkos were stated to rival one another though. You can't be a thousand times weaker than someone and rival them.

the fact that mihawk cant hit vista says it all
so even though he is supposed to have a higher AP and better skill, country level cant one shot a mountain level character??

Yonkos were stated to rival one another though. You can't be a thousand times weaker than someone and rival them.
okay so who said anything about anyone beeen a thousand times weeaker??
nice strawman, i will say again, yonkos are competitors on the sea, does not mean they are of equal strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back