• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gol D. Roger vs Dracule Mihawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
He scales to Zoro having been the one to teach him, Roger's observation is featless and iirc he isn't even stated to have it.
Not accepted otherwise Mihawk would be listed as a "Proficient Kenbunshoku" user but he isn't, rather he's just listed as a user without any tier.

Also, Roger's profile actually has him as a "Proficient Kenbunshoku" user (don't ask me why)... So, if we're using the profiles like that, it's actually Roger who has the CoO advantage.

No I'm going off the explanation given; regular black blades are created by coating their blades in armament haki, Mihawk tells Zoro any blade can become a black blade like his Yoru, Hitetsu reveals that depending on the person it might be raised in rank (permanent black blade).

No assumptions are being made.
Assumptions are being made
  • You're assuming Mihawk himself turned it into a Black Blade which isn't confirmed
  • You're assuming they're created by extreme levels of CoA which is never stated
All we know is that characters can turn blades black by using CoA, that's literally it, no further elaboration has been given yet.

Not accepted otherwise Mihawk would be listed as a "Proficient Kenbunshoku" user but he isn't, rather he's just listed as a user without any tier.

Also, Roger's profile actually has him as a "Proficient Kenbunshoku" user (don't ask me why)... So, if we're using the profiles like that, it's actually Roger who has the CoO advantage.
You're right we should go by the profiles, I'll make a CRT to remove Rogers Observation and update Mihawk's.

when the scaling is so bad Mihawk is above Roger
Gonna cry about it? The scaling is like this because it's legitimately done, Mihawk > Shanks who's relative to whitebeard who's relative to Gol D. Roger, and this is by what's currently stated in the show and databooks. So no, the scaling isn't bad currently, we still haven't even seen roger's full-on capabilities, so whoever made this fight, shouldn't have in the first place.

This entire match is an assumption tbh? I myself don't even see the need to take a singular side, I wouldn't bet money on a MMA fighter who's never shown what he's capable of. Aside from a few sword swings we don't know what Roger can do, everything requires some level of unsupported evidence when arguing Roger matches.

Gonna cry about it? The scaling is like this because it's legitimately done, Mihawk > Shanks who's relative to whitebeard who's relative to Gol D. Roger, and this is by what's currently stated in the show and databooks. So no, the scaling isn't bad currently, we still haven't even seen roger's full-on capabilities, so whoever made this fight, shouldn't have in the first place.
Where in the show is it stated oh and you things are world strongest swordman which Roger is superior to Kaido and Whitebeard who using their titles would be far superior to that. For some reason Primebeard and Old whitebeard are the exact same as well on the wiki

Where in the show is it stated oh and you things are world strongest swordman which Roger is superior to Kaido and Whitebeard who using their titles would be far superior to that. For some reason Primebeard and Old whitebeard are the exact same as well on the wiki
First things first, One Piece isn't a show its a Manga. Secondly Kaido's and Roger's titles are irrelevant when it comes to anything here. Last but not least we have direct statements from Oda himself and the Databooks stating Whitebeard has his strength from his younger years. Marineford Whitebeard is only sick albeit fatally so and has issues with his Haki, his might still remains the same.

Also you aren't exactly what I'd call a trust worthy source of information considering you've purposely vandalized OP profiles.

First things first, One Piece isn't a show its a Manga. Secondly Kaido's and Roger's titles are irrelevant when it comes to anything here. Last but not least we have direct statements from Oda himself and the Databooks stating Whitebeard has his strength from his younger years. Marineford Whitebeard is only sick albeit fatally so and has issues with his Haki, his might still remains the same.
Haki buffs attacks so he is weaker you just admitted it
Also you aren't exactly what I'd call a trust worthy source of information considering you've purposely vandalized OP profiles.
Vandilized you mean removed a non accepted CRT

Haki buffs attacks so he is weaker you just admitted it
Thankfully Whitebeard's rating has nothing to do with Haki, and no i didn't admit anything. That's you intentionally twisting my words to fit your own narrative, his Haki is weaker, not his physical might.
Vandilized you mean removed a non accepted CRT
Nope, it was textbook definition of vandalism. You altered a profile without staff input several times and they literally banned you for those same exact reasons. This is someone in denial if I've ever seen it.

Thankfully Whitebeard's rating has nothing to do with Haki, and no i didn't admit anything. That's you intentionally twisting my words to fit your own narrative, his Haki is weaker, not his physical might.
Haki+Quakes>Quakes
Nope, it was textbook definition of vandalism. You altered a profile without staff input several times and they literally banned you for those same exact reasons. This is someone in denial if I've ever seen it.
You don't even know what happened
Tempest was salty that I didn't agree with him and he made me get banned for a different reason

and for that I removed something that was not accepted so he was the actual vandal in that case

Oda stated that Whitebeard maintained his strength, and is as strong as he was before. Roger is RELATIVE to whitebeard, titles don't mean anything here. Mihawk > Shanks who's relative to roger and whitebeard, and they were all stated to be. So, do you have anyway to debunk given statements, or are you going to cry more?

Oda stated that Whitebeard maintained his strength, and is as strong as he was before. Roger is RELATIVE to whitebeard, titles don't mean anything here. Mihawk > Shanks who's relative to roger and whitebeard, and they were all stated to be. So, do you have anyway to debunk given statements, or are you going to cry more?
And how is Mihawk>Shanks. Oh wait its you using his title
and I already explained why Whitebeard was more powerful in his prime

Haki+Quakes>Quakes
Irrelevant i never said that they weren't, this is a moot point as Whitebeard didn't use Haki on his quakes.
You don't even know what happened
Tempest was salty that I didn't agree with him and he made me get banned for a different reason
I was present for the RV thread, I know everything that happened there. King is a lot more trustworthy than you are, and is a staff member. Also a good friend of mine, he didn't get you banned because you disagree. You act like a child, hence why staff banned you.
and for that I removed something that was not accepted
Sure thing.

Y’all arguing against the profiles, it’s funny.

Mihawk > Shanks ~ Healthy OldBeard ~ Primebeard ~ Roger. You could argue =< for Newgate, which would put them at relative AP, Hawk’s still stronger.

Mihawk is superior to all of them.

Mihawk has undoubtedly the best Buso here, better Kenbun feats than everyone here, and doesn’t need Hao.

More skilled than all of them.

Mihawk gets my vote.
What wincon does Roger even have?

Irrelevant i never said that they weren't, this is a moot point as Whitebeard didn't use Haki on his quakes.
He uses Haki on his quake punches
I was present for the RV thread, I know everything that happened there. King is a lot more trustworthy than you are, and is a staff member. Also a good friend of mine, he didn't get you banned because you disagree. You act like a child, hence why staff banned you.
Oh so someone defending his friend who would have guessed.
A friend of someone is a terrible judge for their actions

Oldbeard cannot use it properly most of the time so Shanks only scales to him without it
Also Advanced armament
Shanks has already been stated to be as powerful as whitebeard, in general, nothing else was implied, this would also be the case of whitebeard's power as a whole, the statement doesn't say "Shanks scales to only base WB" or "Shanks only scales to his DF", no it says he scales to him as a WHOLE. Whitebeard was sick, we don't fully know as to why he didn't use haki, but we know he has it, not to mention he was sick after throwing up. You don't have anyway to disprove shanks scaling to Whitebeard. Not to mention, all yonko are ALREADY stated to be rivals, and are relative to one another.

Could someone provide evidence of Whitebeard not being able to use haki properly? I don't remember that being a thing.

Shanks has already been stated to be as powerful as whitebeard, in general, nothing else was implied, this would also be the case of whitebeard's power as a whole, the statement doesn't say "Shanks scales to only base WB" or "Shanks only scales to his DF", no it says he scales to him as a WHOLE. Whitebeard was sick, we don't fully know as to why he didn't use haki, but we know he has it, not to mention he was sick after throwing up. You don't have anyway to disprove shanks scaling to Whitebeard. Not to mention, all yonko are ALREADY stated to be rivals, and are relative to one another.
As powerful in what regard it isn't clear your scaling comes from super vague statements and he clashed with Shanks when he was old without using both types
There's a literal translation showing Shanks isn't as strong as mihawk anymore.
Not clear at all it goes around it just saying no more foes which could refer to him not having an arm anymore as it wouldn't be a swordfight at that point

As powerful in what regard it isn't clear your scaling comes from super vague statements and he clashed with Shanks when he was old without using both types

Not clear at all it goes around it just saying no more foes which could refer to him not having an arm
They clashed evenly, but were stated relative. Vague statements wouldn't really matter here, because there's more than ONE statement of them being relative, so that does NOT matter.

Why don't you make a CRT for Mihawk's scaling and then debunk that translation?

so mihawk is stronger than kaido according to the scaling chain.
which will make vista stronger than kaido also since mihawk couldn't beat vista.

damn so mad scaling chain is about to begin

Clashed evenly when Whitebeard wasn't using any Haki

Because a normal member cannot overpower what a mod says
Why do you keep talking about them clashing? There's other statements that say they are relative.

No, go make the scaling and make an argument, if you can debunk a mod then you're good, but you can't because your evidence is non-existent.

Mihawk wasn't trying on vista, plus they were clashing while Mihawk was mainly ocused on Luffy.
lol that is ur own head canon
u scaled shanks to WB even tho they had a joke clash
u scale mihawk above shanks even though wee know nothing about shanks current strength, and mihawk was scaled above shanks for a statement that losing a arm made shanks weaker so he wont be a good sparring partner.
but i am wrong for scaling mihawk to vista in a clear fight that they were shown equal?

Why do you keep talking about them clashing? There's other statements that say they are relative.

No, go make the scaling and make an argument, if you can debunk a mod then you're good, but you can't because your evidence is non-existent.
Debunking a mod doesn't freaking matter. If they don't want you to succeed you won't. Clashing showing that Whitebeard with nothing = Shanks

lol that is ur own head canon
u scaled shanks to WB even tho they had a joke clash
u scale mihawk above shanks even though wee know nothing about shanks current strength, and mihawk was scaled above shanks for a statement that losing a arm made shanks weaker so he wont be a good sparring partner.
but i am wrong for scaling mihawk to vista in a clear fight that they were shown equal?
Shanks to WB has statements, no ONE is talking about the clash, same thing with Mihawk being above shanks, why don't you go to that CRT and see what it actually said, clearly you're just not looking at anything provided towards. Mihawk and Vista don't scale to one another, they simply just clashed, while Mihawk wasn't even trying, he was focused on Luffy. They were not shown equal, statements already debunk that premise of yours completely.

He uses Haki on his quake punches
Again irrelevant, Whitebeard didn't use Haki for his 6-B feat. That's a result of him casually flexing on the Navy, said flex was just a result of him punching lightly with 2 arms. Nothing Haki rated here .
Oh so someone defending his friend who would have guessed.
Not defending a friend, you were inherently wrong as evident in the RV thread there nobody agreed with you.
A friend of someone is a terrible judge for their actions
Cue the guy in court flipping his shit over a life sentence for murder "The judge and jury are a bunch of ******* lying amphibians and this is all a set".

The clashing shows what they actually mean. The statements are vague and using the clashing shanks = no haki whitebead
They clashed without any context behind it, there's other statements given out afterwards, so I don't know why you continue to say this. It doesn't matter if they're vague or not, they're still referring to the people as a whole, this would include everything in their arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back