• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gol D. Roger vs Dracule Mihawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirate King Vs The Strongest Swordsmen

Dracule Mihawk
Gol D. Roger

Speed: Equalized

Restrictions: None

Preparation: Neither one has knowledge or any time to prepare

State of Mind: Both are fighting seriously but otherwise in-character

Starting Distance: 10 metres

Gol D. Roger: 4 (Purgy, Pain_to12,Kin201,StrawHatArslan)

Dracule Mihawk: 4 (Bernkastelll, Wrongidea21,KlinkyGrape,Kingtempest)
if i forgot you, or you change just mention it in comments

Winner:

Last edited:
Until we get more info on Roger I'm going to have to vote Mihawk;

In terms of AP Roger scales to Haoshoku Coating + Emission Ryuo + Armament Coating Primebeard who is stronger than his base self who is equal to his old self who performed the 26.6 Teraton Feat.

And for Mihawk he scales above himself with just one arm which is stronger than Shanks who is equal to Oldbeard at his strongest.

Mihawk holds the skill advantage since we don't have any skill feats from Roger other than matching Whitebeard in a clash and sending Oden flying.

In terms of Haki Roger undoubtedly holds the advantage in Haoshoku since he can use coating effectively while we don't know if Mihawk even has it. However I'd argue Mihawk holds the advantage in Armament considering he was the one who trained Zoro who was the only one other than Oden to take Enma and scar Kaido, also his proficiency with Goken being the best in the world and lastly being the only known person in centuries to forge a permanent black blade. For observation haki both scale to the proficient level so I don't believe either hold the advantage in this regard.

In terms of Stamina Roger seems to scale to the admirals so he undoubtedly holds the advantage since Mihawk's stamina limits are currently unknown, with only the battle of marineford as a gauge.

Lastly while both use air slashes Mihawk is shown to spam them far more often and even at close ranges such as 10 meters, his information Analysis will also give him knowledge on Rogers swordplay.

Roger has;
  • A notable AP advantage
  • A significant Haki advantage
  • A pretty big portrayal advantage
Mihawk has;
  • A skill advantage to an unknown extent
Even though both are lacking in feats, Rogers are still better, such as clashing evenly with Primebeard and fighting him for several days and ragdolling Oden.

Voting Roger

He has Adv CoC and has actually demonstrated Adv CoA

Clashed evenly with Primebeard

Primebeard using Adv Coc and Adv Coc > Primebeard > Old Sick Beard = Shanks < Mihawk
Mihawk's demonstrated Adv CoA, Adv CoC is a statistics boost and contributes to his AP rating since his only feats are while using it.

We accept Primebeard = Oldbeard on the profiles like I said above.

Roger will also receive advance conquer after wano revision but that's irrelevant here

"Equal to his old self"
Weaknesses: Standard Devil Fruit users weaknesses | Same as before. His old age has severely weakened him, as he's seriously ill and has heart issues. He's also a static fighter and doesn't usually dodge incoming attacks from opponents.

Weaknesses: Standard Devil Fruit users weaknesses | Same as before. His old age has severely weakened him, as he's seriously ill and has heart issues. He's also a static fighter and doesn't usually dodge incoming attacks from opponents.
That's referring to his heart attacks and lowered stamina, not his strength. Primebeard = Oldbeard in strength due to databook statements and oda's words in the SBS, just how it is.

That's referring to his heart attacks and lowered stamina, not his strength. Primebeard = Oldbeard in strength due to databook statements and oda's words in the SBS, just how it is.
Can you post these please?

Also it doesn't really change what I said;

Primebeard using Adv CoA and Adv Coc > Primebeard = Old Sick Beard = Shanks < Mihawk

Roger still has an AP advantage, the Adv CoC amp is huge, Luffy is a clear example of that.

Reactions: Rez
Can you post these please?

Also it doesn't really change what I said;

Primebeard using Adv CoA and Adv Coc > Primebeard = Old Sick Beard = Shanks < Mihawk

Roger still has an AP advantage
https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-piece-god-tiers-revision-2-0.113903/ don't have them on here, iirc it was accepted in here and the evidence should be there (if not I'll try look for them)

Mihawk with one arm was accepted stronger than > Shanks and his full power is undoubtedly higher, his opinion on shanks is that he's no longer a worthy challenge, ultimately they both scale far above Base Whitebeard, neither holds an AP advantage.

https://vsbattles.com/threads/one-piece-god-tiers-revision-2-0.113903/ don't have them on here, iirc it was accepted in here and the evidence should be there (if not I'll try look for them)

Mihawk with one arm was accepted stronger than > Shanks and his full power is undoubtedly higher, his opinion on shanks is that he's no longer a worthy challenge, ultimately they both scale far above Base Whitebeard, neither holds an AP advantage.
The only thing established in that thread is prime WB and old wb(with his quakes) scales to the 26 Tera ton feat it was never established they are equal in fact it's straight up stated in the thread by kingtempest that prime WB>old wb

Adv CoC has shown an amp far above any advantage Mihawk has shown or stated to have above Shanks, and that isn't even factoring in the fact that Whitebeard used Adv CoA as well which undoubtedly also amps his AP to a fair extent.

Lastly, according to that thread you just linked me, Shanks and Mihawk scale to 14 Teratons whereas Old Beard is 26 Teratons, so even right off the bat, Roger holds an AP advantage.

So yeah, Roger unquestionably has the AP advantage imo.

Adv CoC has shown an amp far above any advantage Mihawk has shown or stated to have above Shanks, and that isn't even factoring in the fact that Whitebeard used Adv CoA as well which undoubtedly also amps his AP to a fair extent.

Lastly, according to that thread you just linked me, Shanks and Mihawk scale to 14 Teratons whereas Old Beard is 26 Teratons, so even right off the bat, Roger holds an AP advantage.

So yeah, Roger unquestionably has the AP advantage imo.
How? Shanks is stated equal to Whitebeard who is still capable of using haki just like any of the other old tiers (it's just the case that pre-timeskip wasn't able to show it).

Threads old, I only sent it to provide evidence for two pieces of info, both Mihawk and Shanks scale to 25 Teratons and have done for a long time.

Nope
The only thing established in that thread is prime WB and old wb(with his quakes) scales to the 26 Tetra ton feat it was never established they are equal in fact it's straight up stated in the thread by kingtempest that prime WB>old wb
Then I must have linked the wrong thread because currently that isn't accepted as the case as evidenced by the profiles.

Vote for Mihawk

His more Skilled than Roger and Scales Above Whitebeard, CoC did nothing to Mihawk as long as Roger lost in terms of sword skills.

How? Shanks is stated equal to Whitebeard who is still capable of using haki just like any of the other old tiers (it's just the case that pre-timeskip wasn't able to show it).

Threads old, I only sent it to provide evidence for two pieces of info, both Mihawk and Shanks scale to 25 Teratons and have done for a long time.

Nope
Proof Old Sick Whitebeard was using Adv CoC and Adv CoA or either against Shanks? He basically had a heart attack when he tried to use CoC during the war and it was pretty evident he wasn't able to use CoO either as demonstrated by Squard.

You're going to need actual proof that he used either of them besides "Haki wasn't shown Pre-Timeskip".

The thread isn't even 3 months old though... Can you post the CRT where it was changed?

Reactions: Rez
Old Sick Whitebeard was using Adv CoC and Adv CoA or either against Shanks? He basically had a heart attack when he tried to use CoC during the war and it was pretty evident he wasn't able to use CoO either as demonstrated by Squard.
I'm not going off their clash, I'm going off the fact they're stated as equals in the Databooks which is on Shanks' profile, pre-timeskip has no visual indicators of haki so it's impossible to say whether they were using it or not In that instance. Whitebeard had a heart attack there because he was stabbed in the chest and iirc had been magma punched.
You're going to need actual proof that he used either of them besides "Haki wasn't shown Pre-Timeskip".

The thread isn't even 3 months old though... Can you post the CRT where it was changed?
The statement itself is fine.

Lots of revisions have gone through in the past in the past 3 months, and iirc they were accepted as 26 Teratons on that thread.

Last edited:
I'm voting Roger too. He is actually more or less equal to Whitebeard, he also ragdolled Oden. Mihawk even implied that he is weaker than Whitebeard to at least a significant extent. Basically voting Roger FRA.

He is actually more or less equal to White Mihawk even implied that he is weaker than Whitebeard to at least a significant extent.
Viz translations for pre-timeskip are ass, what Mihawk says "this is merely conjecture/I'm only guessing" "the distance between that man and us looks close/rather small" and the actual context for what he means is never given as it is never elaborated on what he means by "distance" or who he means by "us"

Voting for Mihawk due to better swordmanship, better armament, a stronger sword, knowing Rogers skill level, durability negation, attack reflection and air slash spam also range.

Y’all arguing against the profiles, it’s funny.

Mihawk > Shanks ~ Healthy OldBeard ~ Primebeard ~ Roger. You could argue =< for Newgate, which would put them at relative AP, Hawk’s still stronger.

Mihawk is superior to all of them.

Mihawk has undoubtedly the best Buso here, better Kenbun feats than everyone here, and doesn’t need Hao.

More skilled than all of them.

Mihawk gets my vote.

Y’all arguing against the profiles, it’s funny.

Mihawk > Shanks ~ Healthy OldBeard ~ Primebeard ~ Roger. You could argue =< for Newgate, which would put them at relative AP, Hawk’s still stronger.

Mihawk is superior to all of them.

Mihawk has undoubtedly the best Buso here, better Kenbun feats than everyone here, and doesn’t need Hao.

More skilled than all of them.

Mihawk gets my vote.
In which thread was that accepted? In a thread Eminiteable linked earlier it was accepted that Old Sick WB > Shanks and the others

What gives Mihawk the best CoA? Going to guess it comes from Yoru;
  • No evidence Mihawk himself turned it into a black blade, you can reasonably argue so sure, but it's not confirmed.
  • No evidence that it takes extremely strong Haki to do so as oppose to just applying Haki to the blade for extended periods of time
  • Roger and WB have displayed Adv CoA whereas Mihawk hasn't iirc and only has a possibly for Goken.
He only has the best CoO because the others have no feats with it, but it doesn't matter since the little feats Mihawk does have with it are fodder and don't mean anything.

Being more skilled is true but to what extent is unknown, regardless, it's not a game changer like superior Haki and higher AP are.

Also, if we're truly saying Oldbeard = Primebeard then Whitebeard's WSM title puts him above Mihawk by default given that it would still apply to Oldbeard if he's as strong as he was in his prime.

What gives Mihawk the best CoA? Going to guess it comes from Yoru;
  • No evidence that it takes extremely strong Haki to do so as oppose to just applying Haki to the blade for extended periods of time
Oden, Roger and Whitebeard are all capable of turning their blades into black blades and have been doing so all their pirating lives, just not permanently. Hitetsu elaborates that depending on the user it may raise to such a rank; implying it's dependent on the person doing it not just overusing.

He only has the best CoO because the others have no feats with it, but it doesn't matter since the little feats Mihawk does have with it are fodder and don't mean anything.
He scales to Zoro having been the one to teach him, Roger's observation is featless and iirc he isn't even stated to have it.

Oden, Roger and Whitebeard are all capable of turning their blades into black blades and have been doing so all their pirating lives, just not permanently. Hitetsu elaborates that depending on the user it may raise to such a rank; implying it's dependent on the person doing it not just overusing.
How Black Blades are created is still kinda vague, you're just assuming they're created via extremely potent CoA whereas there can be other explanations.

How Black Blades are created is still kinda vague, you're just assuming they're created via extremely potent CoA whereas there can be other explanations.
No I'm going off the explanation given; regular black blades are created by coating their blades in armament haki, Mihawk tells Zoro any blade can become a black blade like his Yoru, Hitetsu reveals that depending on the person it might be raised in rank (permanent black blade).

No assumptions are being made.

Mihawk does possess expert-level proficiency in terms of Armament/Busoshoku Haki, and he presumably has basic skills in Observation/Kenbunshoku Haki. He's never once demonstrated Haoshoku/Conqueror's Haki, whereas Roger's demonstrated advanced usage of both Armament Haki and Conqueror's Haki, meaning in terms of power, Roger has Mihawk absolutely trounced, and while Mihawk's quite strong, it really isn't fair to compare him to someone much stronger than he. Roger's even considered to be "a tremendously skilled and powerful swordsman". Unless you're planning on telling me that Oden's weaker than Mihawk, as Roger overpowered Oden in a single sword swing, Mihawk doesn't really have much of a chance against the Pirate King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back