• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo VS Makima • (13-2-1) • Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit you literally saw the Broadsword Devil acting independently after Makima's death in the recent chapters. Are you saying he's still a corpse, walking around doing and thinking what he wants while not having a consciousness....? Like really?

Uhhh, yes they are...?
I'm not talking about Hybrids- Hybrids are truly immortal. They can never die.

I'm talking about her Antemortem Devil Contracts.

She is able to use Conquest on deceased people and Devils, such as Zombie Devil, Sawatari, Kurose, Tendo, and more.

Most blatantly, she used Conquest on Tolka's severed head. Dead people are not conscious, they are even less conscious than conscious people- they totally lack all brain activity.

Literally everything points to Gojo not being conscious when learning RCT.
He was on the verge of death due to his wounds, but I strongly disagree that he was unconscious. It'd be the only time it happens in JJK afaik, and it's never even stated he was unconscious.

I'm not talking about Hybrids- Hybrids are truly immortal. They can never die.
Agreed..
She is able to use Conquest on deceased people
Such as...?
and Devils,
Devil's very much have minds and thoughts so irrelevant.
such as Zombie Devil.
The Zombie Devil literally has a brain and is capable of action. He too, has a consciousness. Your using dawn of the dead zombie logic there, and even then most zombies still in fact have brain activity, hence why most of the time you need to aim for the head.
Sawatari,
Human with thoughts.
Read above.
Read above.
and more.
Still humans with thought so this means nothing.
Most blatantly, she used Conquest on Tolka's severed head.
A severed head can still maintain consciousness for around 25-30 seconds, you know that right?
Dead people are not conscious, they are even less conscious than conscious people- they totally lack all brain activity.
Read above, would also depend on how they died. Furthermore, if they lacked brain activity then Makima wouldn't be able to control them since for the 67th time, SHE SPECIFICALLY has to target the brain.

So now your argument is that Makima's Conquest can effect things without a mind or brain activity despite the requirements for Conquest to work is that the person needs to have a brain and a consciousness to overwrite?

Yeah i dont buy that for a second.

He was on the verge of death due to his wounds, but I strongly disagree that he was unconscious. It'd be the only time it happens in JJK afaik, and it's never even stated he was unconscious.
Kinda contradicting yourself there. Gojo got stabbed directly in the brain, which would cause instant death, not the verge of death. You just said that dead people do not have a consciousness, going by your own logic Gojo would have been dead, not near death.

Dude was bleeding out quickly right before Toji stuck him in the head with a knife. That's not the "verge of death." but outright brain death.

I'm sorry, I genuinely have no idea what on earth is making you think that a dead body could possibly be conscious. A sleeping person is unconscious for god's sake, where are you getting this idea that dead people have consciousness from???

Gojo got stabbed directly in the brain, which would cause instant death, not the verge of death.
"When you so kindly stabbed me through my throat, I gave up on fighting back. Instead I focused everything I had into Reverse Cursed Technique.
But right on the verge of death, I understood! The core of Cursed Energy!" - Chapter 74, Hidden Inventory X

I'm sorry, I genuinely have no idea what on earth is making you think that a dead body could possibly be conscious. A sleeping person is unconscious for god's sake, where are you getting this idea that dead people have consciousness from???
Read above and you'd see that I never made the claim a dead person doesn't have a consciousness. Let me quote what I said directly so that way you can actually read what I said instead of making blatant misinterpretation of my words. I'd also really appreciate it if you stopped dodging half of the arguments I make.

A severed head can still maintain consciousness for around 25-30 seconds, you know that right?
Also furthermore, she didn't control the head for long because he ******* died afterwards.
The Zombie Devil literally has a brain and is capable of action. He too, has a consciousness. Your using dawn of the dead zombie logic there, and even then most zombies still in fact have brain activity, hence why most of the time you need to aim for the head.
Zombie Devil isn't dead, and for the record even zombies aren't "dead." they still have brains and brain activity albeit at a slower and less sophisticated rate. So there goes that argument.

Shit we don't even know if she used Conquest or even what she did to "bring them back." again, these are not zombies or souls of the dead.

She's currently accepted as being able to bring the dead back to life via unknown means through life manipulation, so additionally this also shuts down your whole argument of them lacking consciousness. This also involves you, let's be frank here cherry picking and ignoring whatever is convenient to your argument. You have yet to address the fact that Makima's Conquest works on the brain, if they didn't have brain signals then there'd be nothing for Makima to take control of.

"Okay so listen, Makima's Conquest targets the brain but now I'm gonna say it doesn't need a brain or consciousness whenever it's never been show."

Even her profile is contradicting your very own argument.

0074-010.png

0074-011.png

This reads as he was conscious for the whole experience. Him being stabbed through the head doesn't mean shit, he's not some normal human, getting stabbed in the head just didn't make him unconscious. Same way people like Nanami can walk around with severe burns and their skull exposed but fight.

I honestly can't believe I have to argue against the idea that corpses are conscious.

Killed by Denji in the first chapter, literally sawed in half.

Human with thoughts.
Beheaded by the Snake Devil in a suicide pact.

Read above.
Read above.
Shot to death by the American brothers.

Still humans with thought so this means nothing.
A corpse is not conscious.

I could argue that more than 30s passed before Makima showed up, but it's unimportant as the other blatant examples exist which this supports. They are literally called Antemortem Devil Contracts.

Furthermore, if they lacked brain activity then Makima wouldn't be able to control them since for the 67th time, SHE SPECIFICALLY has to target the brain.
Clearly the brain does not need to be active, given she uses Conquest to utilize Antemortem Contracts.

So now your argument is that Makima's Conquest can effect things without a mind or brain activity despite the requirements for Conquest to work is that the person needs to have a brain and a consciousness to overwrite?
They probably need a brain, but consciousness is not required.

She's currently accepted as being able to bring the dead back to life via unknown means through life manipulation, so additionally this also shuts down your whole argument of them lacking consciousness.
This is blatantly a mistake on her profile, as the reference is for the chapter where the Hybrids show up. Clearly it was added by someone who did not realize that Hybrids are immortal, and they never died.

Don't use "but the profile" when Gojo lacks any fear hax/SI on his, neither of these characters profiles are up to scratch.

This reads as he was conscious for the whole experience. Him being stabbed through the head doesn't mean shit, he's not some normal human, getting stabbed in the head just didn't make him unconscious.
False, that shit definitely made him unconscious. He was laid the **** out, laying on the ground bleeding out from nearly every part of his body, outside of the head-stab. Gojo's and RCT work on a subconscious level, same as infinity.

Gojo himself doesn't need to activate it, he's learned how to do both automatically.
Same way people like Nanami can walk around with severe burns and their skull exposed but fight.
Namami never had his brain effected so bad comparison. Shit normal humans can survive much worse simply out of shock for awhile before dying so a sorcerer that's mainly physical like Nanami walking around with such injuries makes sense. One is stamina and endurance, the other is healing subconsciously.

eh devils have type 8 immortality you can kill em they just go back to hell and if they are killed there they pop right back up on earth so I don't think that is the best example but the others work fine

also I feel like we are going like waaaaaaay of topic at this point, if we want to discuss the potence of control we should make a CRT about be it making it stronger or weaker (up to the mods and users)

I honestly can't believe I have to argue against the idea that corpses are conscious.
Again misinterpreting and twisting my words to fit your agenda. Very nice move there.
Devils have the ability to regenerate from such wounds.
Beheaded by the Snake Devil in a suicide pact.
Makima has life manipulation to bring people back to life. So again, no and stop ignoring the arguments made simply because your incapable of countering them.

Life Manipulation (Can bring dead people back to life.) They aren't dead, she can resurrect people and it's accepted on her profile as such. If they're alive again, she can control them.
Shot to death by the American brothers.
Read above.
A corpse is not conscious.
Luckily it's not a corpse but a revived human.
I could argue that more than 30s passed before Makima showed up, but it's unimportant as the other blatant examples exist which this supports. They are literally called Antemortem Devil Contracts.
No you actually can't since you have no in canon time frame so you cannot make such an assumption. Secondly, nice job with a blatant association fallacy.

Also Antemortem means before death. Perhaps don't go around throwing around terms that you know nothing about, because the fact that I had to inform you that word means "before death." should speak magnitudes in of itself.

Again they aren't dead, they were about to die as the term Antemortem defines itself. Try again.
Clearly the brain does not need to be active, given she uses Conquest to utilize Antemortem Contracts.
Read above. Antemortem means before death. In this case its a contract before they die, keyword "before." Antemortem does not mean dying or death, it's before death.
They probably need a brain, but consciousness is not required.
This is never stated nor implied. Once again, I'll kindly ask that you stop making things up for Makima and use what's on the profile.
This is blatantly a mistake on her profile, as the reference is for the chapter where the Hybrids show up. Clearly it was added by someone who did not realize that Hybrids are immortal, and they never died.
Not to sound rude but that's not my problem. If it's on the profile and if it's wrong then make a CRT to fix it. A vs thread is not a CRT, so get that fixed or drop the argument.
Don't use "it's not on the profile" when Gojo lacks any fear hax/SI on his, neither of these characters profiles are up to scratch.
Gojo has aura via the cursed energy page. This was literally proven to you earlier on in the thread to which you've ignored, something you continue to do.

I mean they can be killed lets not overhype them here, they simply have the best regen and survivablity in the verse but if they get oblitirated down to the last cell ( or as far as atomic and blow levels) they are unlikely to comeback as hybrids, their devil will pop up sooner or later due to the ties to concepts but the person who was a part of the hybrid more than likely would go poof.

This whole debate is over.

Makima isn't controlling dead people, she's bringing them back to life and controlling them.

Until the CSM fans gets her profile fixed she

A: Cannot control things without a consciousness.

B: Can't control the dead.

C: Antemortem doesn't mean "death." it means "before death." so a Antemortem Contract would mean "before death Contract."

From Makima's page:
Note: As Makima's powers are passive and extend to everyone she meets and controls posthumously, she may possess the powers of Devils with whom she has never had direct control or contact. This is proved by her discovery of Zombie Devil only after Denji had killed it.

eh devils have type 8 immortality
They do change appearance after reincarnating (Bat Devil), so since Zombie looked the same it's very likely the same incarnation.

Not to sound rude but that's not my problem. If it's on the profile and if it's wrong then make a CRT to fix it. A vs thread is not a CRT, so get that fixed or drop the argument.
If you acknowledge that it's untrue despite being on the profile, I'm not gonna bother arguing about it. Please don't use a technical line of argument that you know is wrong.

Gojo has aura via the cursed energy page. This was literally proven to you earlier on in the thread to which you've ignored, something you continue to do.
Was it not agreed that Makima wouldn't be able to sense/see CE?

I meant "in Chainsaw Man".

And none of our arguments of auras in JJK working on people who can't see curses and a regular human being able to produce one were refuted

I mean she is not able to see it, but sensing it is on the table no matter what cuse we have examples of people with 0 CE and just enchanced sense's(nothing supernatural just the ability to see flactuations in temp and air resistence which allows them to "see" curses) so while she won't see the town sized aura of gojo as can be seen here
2023-10-25_223426.png

she will most definitly feel that shit
I meant "in Chainsaw Man".
I mean not even in verse are they truly immortal there are ways to put down hybrids or atleast remove the devils from them

If you acknowledge that it's untrue despite being on the profile, I'm not gonna bother arguing about it. Please don't use a technical line of argument that you know is wrong.
I don't need to do anything here, if it's on the profile it doesn't matter if it's false or true. In order to argue for the ability your looking for then you need to make a CRT. Literally all of what you said is irrelevant, now answer me.

Is that accepted on her profile? Yes or no.

There's some very conflicting information in her profile, so ignoring this MU I'd suggest getting that shit fixed asap. You can't conduct a proper debate with a profile like her's, hence my CRT about the contract but jeez they really didn't care too much about this profile.

Most of the CSM pages need work.

Also, it appears that "Antemortem Devil Contract" means "The Devil Contract that was used by [Makima's victim] prior to their death", apologies.

And yes, her using Conquest on the deceased is accepted, as the note explains.

Most of the CSM pages need work.
Agreed. I ain't a Makima simp but damn, her profile deserves some respect.
Also, it appears that "Antemortem Devil Contract" means "The Devil Contract that was used by [Makima's victim] prior to their death", apologies.
It's fine, I can honestly see the confusion there. Furthermore my apologies if it seemed like I was hostile, I was just somewhat confused by what you meant by that.
And yes, her using Conquest on the deceased is accepted, as the note explains.
And the note itself is directly contradicted by her life manipulation. They both refer to the same exact feat, with that feat being accepted as her being able to bring the dead back to life. But the note is saying she can control the dead, despite that not being mentioned in her P&A section while also being contradicted by her ability to bring the dead back to life.

Like you see the confusion here? It can't be both. It's either that she brings them back, meaning they'd be alive or that she can control the deceased in which case that needs to be removed and clarified upon.

The referenced chapter for the "feat" of life hax is... her showing up with the Hybrids. Someone just forgot the Hybrids never truly died (they are true immortals), and added life hax to her profile.

For a taste of how bad it is, she lacks Damage Transfer in her P&A, and she has two totally different abilities for the same feat of appearing from a swarm of rats- one claiming she literally was the swarm of rats (transformation) and one claims she teleported through the rats as a medium (teleportation).

The latter interpretation of the rat feat is correct, btw.

Nah she solos both.

Shes alive after all 🫰
Makima is dead as ****, hoe ain't got no shoes. Bitch got no knees to pray on.

Control devil is still around but the reincarnation is more like a new being entirely. Nayuta is the Control devil but Nayuta isn't Makima if that makes sense.

JJK was supposed to be downgraded right? Do they land in the ballpark of CM?
In AP? Probably not. There's still a lot of city - mountain level feats but we need to figure out how to calculate them like Gojo's big ass purple from recent chapters.

That purple was different than the purple against Hanami, this one involved combining red and blue so instead of just erasing shit it causes like reaction like a nuclear warhead. (Atomic repulsion and attraction combining.) So yeah we just gotta see how AP will turn out.

Depends on the calculations. We don't have them made yet due to us accepting Purple as void manipulation but the plan is to change it to deconstruction as we can calc shit from it.
Nah it's from the 15 Sukuna calc of him using the fire arrow

Idk why you'd need explicit confirmation that a guy who got stabbed in the head loses consciousness (or in a normal person's case literally dies), but uh okay?
I feel like if he can actually focus on doing something it kinda proves he isn’t unconscious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back