• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo VS Makima • (13-2-1) • Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing stated he was unconscious, in chapter 74 he said he gave up on fighting back when he was stabbed in the head and focused entirely on RCT.
Yeah, which didn't instantly heal the giant gash in his skull, because he was still learning how to use RCT, in which for a certain period of time he would've been unconscious because he'd been literally stabbed in his head.
I was referring to a source stating a sword swing lasts 0.35s. I already know what feat you're referring to lol, I read Chainsaw Man as well.
An entire swing is 0.35s. As you can see, Angel was at the end of his swing and mere centimetres from Makima.
Doesn't actually address what I said.

Doesn't seem to be conceptual though just thought based while the ones in Chainsaw Man have actual power over the object like CSD eating the Nuclear Bomb Devil and their name = no more nuclear bombs and even the idea of them are not present in the peoples mind.
All Curse are Conceptual,but its type 3 so idk if CSM is higher or something

Yeah, which didn't instantly heal the giant gash in his skull, because he was still learning how to use RCT, in which for a certain period of time he would've been unconscious because he'd been literally stabbed in his head.
There's still nothing saying he was unconscious, or can use Cursed Techniques while unconscious. He was totally focused on trying to figure out RCT and on the verge of death he had an epiphany and learned RCT.

I was referring to a source stating a sword swing lasts 0.35s. I already know what feat you're referring to lol, I read Chainsaw Man as well.
Sorry 🥺

All Curse are Conceptual,but its type 3 so idk if CSM is higher or something
Yeah Devils are AE Type 2 for Type 2 Concepts, a Devil being erased by CSM physically erases their concept from the past, present, and memory.

There's still nothing saying he was unconscious, or can use Cursed Techniques while unconscious. He was totally focused on trying to figure out RCT and on the verge of death he had an epiphany and learned RCT.
Idk why you'd need explicit confirmation that a guy who got stabbed in the head loses consciousness (or in a normal person's case literally dies), but uh okay?
Thanks, but even taking this into account, the expansion of Gojo's domain is still faster (as @LaserPrecision pointed out, the barrier expands faster than the domain actually lasts, which is 0.2 seconds).

Our point isn't that Gojo would fear hax Makima, the point is that if a Bang (which is what a bloodlusted Makima is most likely to lead with) fails to kill off Gojo coupled with Gojo's aura affecting Makima then Conquest wouldn't work anymore at that point.
And I'm saying Makima's own perception of herself wouldn't end up devolving into her thinking she's inferior. She didn't consider herself inferior to csm because he was simply strong or because he tanked Bang. Her perception of his superiority is all to do with his actions in Hell: killing countless powerful devils, erasing them from existence, beating her and the four horseman, being feared by all devils. Gojo hasn't done anything remotely close to csm and that is why I think simply surviving a bang won't prevent her conquest from being effective.

And I'm saying Makima's own perception of herself wouldn't end up devolving into her thinking she's inferior. She didn't consider herself inferior to csm because he was simply strong or because he tanked Bang. Her perception of his superiority is all to do with his actions in Hell: killing countless powerful devils, erasing them from existence, beating her and the four horseman, being feared by all devils. Gojo hasn't done anything remotely close to csm and that is why I think simply surviving a bang won't prevent her conquest from being effective.
That still doesn't address the fact that a bloodlusted Makima is likelier to lead with Bang instead of Conquest and then she'd be hit with Unlimited Void or Hollow Purple at the same time while Bang has no effect and Gojo is exhuding an aura unlike a regular human

Idk why you'd need explicit confirmation that a guy who got stabbed in the head loses consciousness (or in a normal person's case literally dies), but uh okay?
Explicit confirmation would be necessary due to having an epiphany while unconscious not usually being possible. How can you focus on something, or have a realization while unconscious, and then also perform an action while unconscious. It's never stated that Gojo can do that, and it's never stated he fell unconscious.

That still doesn't address the fact that a bloodlusted Makima is likelier to lead with Bang instead of Conquest
It should be noted that there are differences between natural bloodlust (the kind that exists within fictional continuities) and induced bloodlust (the kind used in a vs. thread). Induced bloodlust means the character is free from Character-Induced Stupidity, whereas naturally bloodlusted characters are still vulnerable to this, and are often hampered by it even more than level-headed characters. For example, they may simply attack recklessly, without planning or thinking, or using their powers creatively.
From the bloodlust page.

You know it's funny and pathetic that while this thread has gotten very long, the debate between too broken chars fight each others are way more structured and not rotten your brain compared to any of Tokyo Revengers matches who are just a delinquent fight yet ended in the most cancerous state

You know it's funny and pathetic that while this thread has gotten very long, the debate between too broken chars fight each others are way more structured and not rotten your brain compared to any of Tokyo Revengers matches who are just a delinquent fight yet ended in the most cancerous state
I mean that might be a fan base thing if I am honest and there is also the whole angle of ya know actual abilities and personalities interacting between these characters rather than just "ah nah he more skill than him" type debates.

I mean that might be a fan base thing if I am honest and there is also the whole angle of ya know actual abilities and personalities interacting between these characters rather than just "ah nah he more skill than him" type debates.
That sounds like skill issue to me

Explicit confirmation would be necessary due to having an epiphany while unconscious not usually being possible. How can you focus on something, or have a realization while unconscious, and then also perform an action while unconscious. It's never stated that Gojo can do that, and it's never stated he fell unconscious.
I don't think that insinuating that something is "impossible" within our logical boundaries is a valid method to dismiss a feat. If Garou can copy techniques and become more skilled and copy techniques while he's unconscious, I don't see how it's not logical that Gojo can perfect his RCT while unconscious via head trauma.

That sounds like skill issue to me
maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think that insinuating that something is "impossible" within our logical boundaries is a valid method to dismiss a feat. If Garou can copy techniques and become more skilled and copy techniques while he's unconscious, I don't see how it's not logical that Gojo cannot perfect his RCT while unconscious via head trauma.
I mean gojo was at the very least not at fully capacity when it comes to his current brain state since ya know having your frontal lobe stabbed does tend to do that to people

From the bloodlust page.
What would be Character Induced Stupidity is Makima attempting to use Bang on Gojo with prior knowledge that it wouldn't work due to Infinity, but Makima doesn't know that in this matchup

Makima's Spear of Longinus that seems to pierce through space, this might be too vague but maybe it can get past infinity

HYFf9qq.png

JdW5gYK.jpg
eh nothing really implies it can punch through space here just that it is being fired through a portal of sorts, plus if it could gojo is not going down to that attack

I don't think that insinuating that something is "impossible" within our logical boundaries is a valid method to dismiss a feat. If Garou can copy techniques and become more skilled and copy techniques while he's unconscious, I don't see how it's not logical that Gojo can perfect his RCT while unconscious via head trauma.
I didn't say it was impossible, I said there is not evidence that he actually did it. Garou actually clearly performed the feat you mentioned, while there is no way to say that Gojo was unconscious, therefore the simpler answer that he was conscious should be taken.

Gojo does RCT subconsciously, in order for you to say Conquest would 100% bypass that is if Makima can also target the unconsciousness which to my knowledge she can't.

Makima can even use Conquest on the dead, consciousness is not a requirement.
That's because they still have brains. Makima's Conquest very specifically targets the brain of the victim to control them, just because someone is dead doesn't mean they lack a brain fit Makima to target.

These are not the souls of the dead, they all bleed, are tangible, etc. They're meat bags, not souls. I wouldn't even go as far as to say they're dead, we know for a fact Makima can't bring the dead back to life so it's more likely she simply captured them and controlled them before they could die. As seen with Reze .

Ok? They still aren't conscious.
Evidence? Because if she can control them, they still have a consciousness. Unless you have a direct statement then you cannot assume as much. They can still talk and act just fine, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't ignore context.

Furthermore, that goes against how Conquest even works. She specifically needs to target the brain for her mind hax to work.

With how Conquest works, there being no statement of them lacking a consciousness while also being able to think and talk is more than enough evidence to debunk the notion of them being mindless.

I didn't say it was impossible, I said there is not evidence that he actually did it. Garou actually clearly performed the feat you mentioned, while there is no way to say that Gojo was unconscious, therefore the simpler answer that he was conscious should be taken.
"No way to say"

Stabbed in the head (vital wound that clearly wasn't healed even when shown later on until Gojo's second fight with Toji)

Eyes glazed over/unfocused (common trait of those who are unconscious or dead)

Toji hadn't recognized Gojo was still alive/conscious after stabbing him (guy with extremely advanced senses didn't go back to finish Gojo off, believing he was indeed dead)

Literally everything points to Gojo not being conscious when learning RCT.

I... corpses aren't conscious...
Uhhh, yes they are...? Not to mention as I said, it's not even confirmed that they were dead to begin with. Especially considering the regeneration of Hybrids, furthermore the very fact that they're still capable of thinking, action and talking is more than enough evidence to shoot down any notion that they lack a consciousness.

Now stop dodging the question. Do you have direct statements that they lack a consciousness? If not then stop using this argument because at this point your making things up.

They have brains, organs, bleed, can talk, act, still have bodily functions so yeah no. Your argument makes zero sense here and works on very unsupported assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back