• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gods of Destruction

So the Gods of Destruction are rated as low 2-C, the only reasonable justification I could find on their profile was "should be comparable to Infinite Zamasu". What feats have they performed that put them remotly near Infinite Zamasu?

it's a statement and how beerus reacted to infinite zamasu iirc. He just shrugged infinite zamasu coming into the present just not caring that much while with Jiren he was shocked as all hell instead IIRC

@TISSG7 Redgrave

So despite only having 3-A feats, they're low 2-C because Beerus wasn't shocked by seeing Zamasu, that's kind of lousy evidence, that just proves Jiren is stronger than Zamasu, not that Beerus is low 2-C.

@Assaltwaffle

Why do we assume it meant the space-time continuum and not just the matter, like in the Goku vs Beerus fight?

@Olsoserian

Because there is no way the destruction could cross between two space-times without effecting said space-time.

Isn't that just a showcase of range rather than destructive capability? If we they were destroying two space time continuums, doesn't that make them 2-C?

@Oloserian

No, it's not just range. A matter-destroying wave would not be able to pass beyond the limit of a universal space-time continuum. The only possible way for it to travel beyond the universe is for it to be able to go past 3-D space and effect space-time itself.

Because if it takes both of their power to destroy both universes then logically they would only destroy one universe individually.

@Therefir

It's not a thread downgrading DBS, it's a Q&A thread to make sure there's even a need for a such a thread in the first place.

The Everlasting said:
Because if it takes both of their power to destroy both universes then logically they would only destroy one universe individually.
But given our current 2-C standards being 2x over Low 2-C isn't even close to 2-C; there is no multiplier outside of infinity that gets you out of Low 2-C, yet if we divide a 2-C in half they are now Low 2-C?

That doesn't make sense. TBH our 2-C standards are... questionable.

@Olo I believe what Everlasting means is that the GoDs are an unquantifiable level of Low 2-C that when multiplied by two, would reach 2-C.

@Assalt 2x Low 2-C =/= 2-C, 2-C/2 = an unquantifiable level of Low 2-C.

SomebodyData said:
@Olo I believe what Everlasting means is that the GoDs are an unquantifiable level of Low 2-C that when multiplied by two, would reach 2-C.
That would make them much higher than baseline tho, considering a million times baseline is still Low 2-C

SomebodyData said:

Mathematically that still makes zero sense. Even if a Low 2-C was the largest possible real number, or even transfinitely above Low 2-C, by our current standards that still isn't 2-C, yet we can divide 2-C in half to get a real/transfinite number? How?

@Yobo

The GoDs would be, bar none, the strongest Low 2-Cs in all of fiction with this reasoning when applied to our system.

@SomebodyData

Even if that made sense mathematically, it would make them astronomically more powerful than everyone else bar Zen'o in DBS, hell they'd be the strongest low 2-Cs in fiction, since 100000000000000^1000x above baseline low 2-C still doesn't make you 2-C. That's completely inconsistent with everything they have shown.

Edit: Ninja'd by Assalt.

What? I though the statement of Champa and Beerus destroying both universes was considered only 3-A.

Then they aren't baseline Low 2-C, they are probable the strongest type of Low 2-C.

@Assalt don't shoot me, I'm just the messager, but from what I understand, the reason why we don't consider such numbers to be 2-C is because the gap is unknown, not because the gap is infinite and in those cases they would be ranked as Low 2-C possibly 2-C or the like.

Matthew Schroeder said:
>5D GoDs

Wew. No.
Well 2-C requires the crossing of 5-D space by our current standards. I don't think he meant that he would be an outright 5-D entity.

If they can destroy both universes, they need to destroy the heavens, which are in other dimensions.

Matthew Schroeder said:
They aren't becoming 2-C. GoDs are one universe each.
Well then perhaps we need to look over our standards for 2-C? At the moment the 2-C tier causes the most (and admittedly justified) confusion out of any tier. At the moment we treat it like this:

2-C/2 = Baseline Low 2-C

Baseline Low 2-C*2 =/= 2-C?

Even if we didn't treat them as baseline, but rather the largest real/transfinite number, that still makes no mathematical or logical sense.

This can make Beerus and Champa some of the strongest Low 2-C on the site.

I don't think it is a matter of straight up multiplication or division. The gap between Low 2-C and 2-C is unquantifiable, so we can't assume that if a Low 2-C gets twice as powerful, he'll become 2-C. It doesn't quite work.

But if it takes the combined effort of two people to destroy two universes, I reckon it is obvious each is actually destroying one, making the end result seem 2-C, when it is actually Low 2-C * 2

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't think it is a matter of straight up multiplication or division. The gap between Low 2-C and 2-C is unquantifiable, so we can't assume that if a Low 2-C gets twice as powerful, he'll become 2-C. It doesn't quite work.
But if it takes the combined effort of two people to destroy two universes, I reckon it is obvious each is actually destroying one, making the end result seem 2-C, when it is actually Low 2-C * 2
Except if both are in the same universe and destroying another one, it fulfills the requirements for 2-C due to it being about range rather than power

If the GoDs become the strongest Low 2-C's on the site, what would that mean for the Angels, who are basically their superiors as they train/restrain the GoDs?

Or Goku and Jiren who have gotten onto a seemingly similiar level or beyond? Toppo who became a GoD? Vegeta who eventually overpowered him?

I apologize if I'm rambling a bit, I'm just highly curious of what this would do to the DB verse.

...Well, if it would affect anything at all.

@Yobobojojo @Yobobojojo I honestly prefer that they be the strongest type of Low 2-C, instead of baseline 2-C with no hax.

Back