• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small addition to Grand Priest and angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 none of them do currently

2 instead of trying to do a "got ya" with me, you could just say the reasoning so that we can move, i already said why i think they should have tho, so not really a must, unless you have further reasoning that is
There is no, "got ya" moment, I just find it incredibly stupid. And you say GP could blitz and one shot GP, but do gods not have their destruction aura? So if GP tries to blitz beerus, would he just get erased on contact? Or would he not?

Logically GP being an angel should have it as well. Also Hakai seems to not work on beings with significantly more ki. Though I don't think that's a resistance as much as hakai also using ki in some way just not as directly.

Nevertheless GP should resist EoD via Whis and Vados being the same as him but weaker.

Logically GP being an angel should have it as well. Also Hakai seems to not work on beings with significantly more ki. Though I don't think that's a resistance as much as hakai also using ki in some way just not as directly.
in that logic there is no resistance but only limitation to hax, anyway we should save that talk to another thread

Nevertheless GP should resist EoD via Whis and Vados being the same as him but weaker.
yeah

"Logically GP being an angel should have it as well. Also Hakai seems to not work on beings with significantly more ki. Though I don't think that's a resistance as much as hakai also using ki in some way just not as directly. "

From what I remember it's currently accepted as both power and experiencing/ki control/exposure to it, you may have the power but lack the experience/ki control/exposure to resist Hakai. (Yes this is currently accepted). Otherwise chasing it to just power would be a limitation of the ability like Omega mentioned

I don't think that cheating a hax with Ki is a weakness of the hax, but rather an ability that the ki provides, merit to ki, how to nullify attacks and resist something through your Ki.

I don't think that cheating a hax with Ki is a weakness of the hax, but rather an ability that the ki provides, merit to ki
if the Hax is unnefective against someone because their Ki is higher....then the Hax is limited to the size of one's Ki

how to nullify attacks and resist something through your Ki.
Unless you want to give everyone who has Ki Power Nullification and Resistance to all hax that are weaker than the said Ki, then no

oh do they have statements of "a GoD can't beat them no matter what?"
Please don't bring silly analogues, did this ridiculously specific statement need to exists for Jiren for common logic to show that being superior to a person who can erase entire universes means you have to be able to resist said hax? They need to say "no matter what's despite all the blatant visual proof that GoDs are fodder to their angels? Let alone the GP?
being more powerful doesn't really matter to resisting hax
Except, ki resisting hax doesn't mean more power resists hax, their use of ki is what gives them protection from hax, the more they have the greater the protection, Vegeta resisted absolute zero in base, it left some frost on his hand, when he tried ssj, he negged it completely, unless ofcourse AZ in DBS is weaker than normal AZ or only acts as AZ when the opponent is weaker

Ki gives them the ability to resist hax, but only the hax they have been shown to resist, as long as the resistance isn't coming from a physiology or special ehabvenwn

if the Hax is unnefective against someone because their Ki is higher....then the Hax is limited to the size of one's Ki
Yea, people tried downgrading DBs hax with this, vegeta's absolute zero feat nuked this one away
Unless you want to give everyone who has Ki Power Nullification and Resistance to all hax that are weaker than the said Ki, then no
Power nullification is an ability on its own, resistance is only limited to what they've shown to resist with ki, that's it

"Logically GP being an angel should have it as well. Also Hakai seems to not work on beings with significantly more ki. Though I don't think that's a resistance as much as hakai also using ki in some way just not as directly. "

From what I remember it's currently accepted as both power and experiencing/ki control/exposure to it, you may have the power but lack the experience/ki control/exposure to resist Hakai. (Yes this is currently accepted). Otherwise chasing it to just power would be a limitation of the ability like Omega mentioned
Oh I fully support that. It's not like any other verse has Ki working like that so it's not a problem. Just it's evident that people with significant Ki close to or above the wielder can fully tank a hakai like Goku and Frieza that managed to survive a small hakai from Sindra or Frieza taking Toppo'
s Hakai and not dying, but rather reverting to base which means that taking Hakai just requires vast Ki. Yes I know the Hakai was weaker than Toppo's best, but the fact that it can even be made weaker or stronger further proves it's correlation with Ki.
They were being tinted by the energy, were they not? Hell, even the void itself changed colors. If they are stupid enough to willingly throw the Grand Priest in the crossfire, surely the Supreme Kai are negligible at that point.
Yeah the major point is Champa and Beerus rather than the fight during ToP.

Honestly I'm less in agreement with this because of the arguments in the OP and more because the stranger assumption is to say that any run-of-the-mill GoD could oneshot angels with Hakai...........

Please don't bring silly analogues, did this ridiculously specific statement need to exists for Jiren for common logic to show that being superior to a person who can erase entire universes means you have to be able to resist said hax?
Hax is a catch-all term for abilities that can be used to ignore/bypass one or more of a target's statistics, rendering them irrelevant.

being stronger than someone has never been a case for someone getting resistance to one's hax, what? would you now give him resistance to Paralisis inducement since Beerus has it
They need to say "no matter what's despite all the blatant visual proof that GoDs are fodder to their angels? Let alone the GP?
being fodder in Stats matters to absolutely nothing to Hax.....that is the whole point of Hax in the first place

Except, ki resisting hax doesn't mean more power resists hax, their use of ki is what gives them protection from hax, the more they have the greater the protection, Vegeta resisted absolute zero in base, it left some frost on his hand, when he tried ssj, he negged it completely, unless ofcourse AZ in DBS is weaker than normal AZ or only acts as AZ when the opponent is weaker
Unless you want to give everyone stronger than Vegeta resistance to Absolute Zero, which is not the case currently, then this is simply you talking with non acccepted mechanics, we have no information of how they resisted it, so you saying "their use of ki is what gives them protection from hax" is a headcanon that is never said in Universe, which is proven false when the likes of Babidi can control people far stronger than him in Ki and Guldo can affect people far stronger than him with his Time Stop

Ki gives them the ability to resist hax, but only the hax they have been shown to resist, as long as the resistance isn't coming from a physiology or special ehabvenwn
i can't wait for you to show proof of that and then make a thread for it, because that is not a mechanic accepted in the verse currently

Yea, people tried downgrading DBs hax with this, vegeta's absolute zero feat nuked this one away
considering that we don't know why vegeta resisted the Absolute Zero at all, i don't think i will, because as i said, that is not an accepted mechanic in the first place

Power nullification is an ability on its own, resistance is only limited to what they've shown to resist with ki, that's it
Luffy specified "nullification" in his explanation, hence why i said what i said

btw could you stop talking about a topic that has nothing to do with the thread? this is about the angels having resistance to Power of Destruction, not about hax being resisted if one has more ki

It is, the point of my reply was that even without that, Angels being unaffected aligns much better with the way this narrative presents itself than the opposite.
Oh for sure, for sure, but it's not hardcore evidence thus it can be reasoned away in contrast to shown feats. That's why I gave more weight to this. You can extrapolate something all you want, but it's much better to have direct proof to avoid the headcannon arguments.

I focused on the ToP thing and completely ignored the Whis and Vados thing, that's my b.

They can have resistance (whether we then extrapolate it to apply to every angel, I won't get into and frankly have no opinion, I dislike scaling things like this)

I focused on the ToP thing and completely ignored the Whis and Vados thing, that's my b.

They can have resistance (whether we then extrapolate it to apply to every angel, I won't get into and frankly have no opinion, I dislike scaling things like this)
Thank you very much for your attention, I was very confused at the time, lol

I think they're immune to energy of destruction in general. However, regarding the categorical ability in the wiki, it would be a resistance as hakai is just one application of EE. Angels train GoDs to use hakai so it doesn't make sense that they can be erased so casually.

If they resist the energy, they resists all offensive application of it, Hakai is UES, simple, also we saw the energy corroding the room and both Whis and Vados completely fine, somehow only resist EE is ignoring the feat

Well, 48 hours have passed here from where I live, can we now apply profiles or do we have to wait for something else?

I can't edit profile and such, but if anyone wants to do this in my place go ahead, it affects all angels and such, don't forget to add everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back