• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

"Well- That's... not exactly what I was thinking, but maybe it'll ease your heart to think of it as a team-building exercise, indeed." Mujin said awkwardly.

“...You needn't worry about the...unaffiliated.” The woman said. She walked behind the group, her bad leg preventing her from fully matching their pace.

“...They know better than to start anything...not when we represent Miss Sasha herself. And should they try...” The woman trailed off, glancing at the tanned man walking beside her.

“We...will take care of them.” She said.

“...You needn't worry about the...unaffiliated.” The woman said. She walked behind the group, her bad leg preventing her from fully matching their pace.

“...They know better than to start anything...not when we represent Miss Sasha herself. And should they try...” The woman trailed off, glancing at the tanned man walking beside her.

“We...will take care of them.” She said.
"Well, aren't you just a dear for trying to contribute." Mujin said, "Getting rid of a bunch of randoms should be the least of your concerns though, shouldn't it?"

"Well, aren't you just a dear for trying to contribute." Mujin said, "Getting rid of a bunch of randoms should be the least of your concerns though, shouldn't it?"
"...Disrespecting Miss Sasha's word is the same as disrespecting the woman herself." The tanned woman replied. Her tone was dry, her eyes showing nothing but slight disdain.

"Our shared goals may take precedent, but I will not tolerate those attempting to subvert the lady's will."

"...Disrespecting Miss Sasha's word is the same as disrespecting the woman herself." The tanned woman replied. Her tone was dry, her eyes showing nothing but slight disdain.

"Our shared goals may take precedent, but I will not tolerate those attempting to subvert the lady's will."
"What a delightful amount of devotion. I'll be counting on you in the future then... ma'am."

"What a delightful amount of devotion. I'll be counting on you in the future then... ma'am."
"...If you had been with her as long as some of us, you would feel the same way." The woman said. She stumbled slightly on the uneven road, the tanned man robotically extending a hand to support her.

"...We owe her our lives...Regardless of what she says to the contrary."

“It shows their a pair of wackjobs, more like...” Mimic muttered, walking a few feet away from the group. His hand shifted to his pocket, once again reminded he no longer had his dagger.

“Need to get me another weapon, ain't getting caught in the open like this...” He murmured to himself.

Mujin glanced over at Mimic, "You know, I could just make you another dagger, now that we've gotten past security."

"...With my Soul Edge, yes." Mujin said, "I have the materials on hand. All I need is a few minutes to do some calculations, and voila! You have a new weapon."

"Is there a need for a catch? You need a weapon, I have the means to supply it, that's all. This can only benefit you." Mujin said with a shrug.

"You don't have to force yourself to say you appreciate it. Literally, I could make the thing for you, and you could proceed to spit in my face, I wouldn't care." Mujin said with another shrug, before flicking his wrist slightly.

From his sleeve came out two bottles- One of a silver liquid, distilled iron. And one of a black liquid- Distilled rubber.

"You don't have to force yourself to say you appreciate it. Literally, I could make the thing for you, and you could proceed to spit in my face, I wouldn't care." Mujin said with another shrug, before flicking his wrist slightly.

From his sleeve came out two bottles- One of a silver liquid, distilled iron. And one of a black liquid- Distilled rubber.
"Alright, **** you, I guess." Mimic said, breathing out. He moved over to one of the walls of their base, leaning his back against it.

"...Was he carrying that the whole time?" He thought, his eyes lowering to the twin bottles.

The tanned woman took a seat near the base's door, her brother standing at attention next to her.

Alright, **** you, I guess." Mimic said, breathing out. He moved over to one of the walls of their base, leaning his back against it.

"...Was he carrying that the whole time?" He thought, his eyes lowering to the twin bottles.
"If you're gonna **** me, at least buy me dinner first." Mujin said, opening the cap on the bottle of distilled iron first, gulping the entire thing down without issue. He then did the same for the rubber, which was a thicker liquid seemingly, so he had a bit more trouble getting it to go down.

Mujin let out a tiny burp, wiping his mouth with his sleeve after finishing the two substances.

"After a while, you start to get used to it. My Gift isn't very useful if I can't stomach down the materials I need to use it."

Mujin let out a tiny burp, wiping his mouth with his sleeve after finishing the two substances.

"After a while, you start to get used to it. My Gift isn't very useful if I can't stomach down the materials I need to use it."
Mimic raised an eyebrow, shaking his head.

"...Getting used to eating dirt and metal isn't something a sane person does...why didn't you become a chef or some shit?" He asked.

Mimic raised an eyebrow, shaking his head.

"...Getting used to eating dirt and metal isn't something a sane person does...why didn't you become a chef or some shit?" He asked.
"Such a question insinuates that I am not also very active within the culinary industry, good sir." Mujin said with a chuckle. He held his hands out, his crimson Ether beginning to congeal within his palms as his Soul Edge got to work.

"You are in the presence of a being far beyond your capacity of understanding." Mujin said with a smile. After a few moments, the process was complete- A dagger with a thick rubber grip and a silver blade, which was about 5 inches in length, appeared in Mujin's hand.

He handed it to Mimic, presenting it handle-first. "Here you are. This baby is sharp enough to slide through stone like a hot knife through butter. Should be more than enough for your purposes."

Mimic stared down at the dagger for a moment, before gingerly grabbing the handle, his fingers wrapping around the hilt. He held the metal up to the light for a moment, examining the blade.

"...This ain't half bad." The man admitted. He did a quick flick of his wrist, the blade slicing through the air.

"...You always make weapons this...quality?" He asked, his tired eyes returning to Mujin.

The tanned woman watched the exchange happen, a hand rubbing her bad leg.

"...It seems the man has some skill, brother." The woman whispered to the tanned man. The tanned man glanced down at her, before slowly nodding.

Mimic stared down at the dagger for a moment, before gingerly grabbing the handle, his fingers wrapping around the hilt. He held the metal up to the light for a moment, examining the blade.

"...This ain't half bad." The man admitted. He did a quick flick of his wrist, the blade slicing through the air.

"...You always make weapons this...quality?" He asked, his tired eyes returning to Mujin.
"The quality of the finished product varies based on the amount of Ether I expend during the creation process." Mujin explained, "I expended quite a sum of Ether to make sure that the blade would be as sharp as possible- And so long as it has my Ether infused into it, it'll never rust."

"The quality of the finished product varies based on the amount of Ether I expend during the creation process." Mujin explained, "I expended quite a sum of Ether to make sure that the blade would be as sharp as possible- And so long as it has my Ether infused into it, it'll never rust."
"........" Mimic considered this for a moment, slowly slipping the finished blade into his pocket.

"....Can you make something...hard? Like, if you pumped enough Ether into...however your process works, can you make it...really tough?" He asked.

"........" Mimic considered this for a moment, slowly slipping the finished blade into his pocket.

"....Can you make something...hard? Like, if you pumped enough Ether into...however your process works, can you make it...really tough?" He asked.
Mujin tilted his head for a moment, before smiling.

"Indeed I could. In fact, that's what I did when creating your dagger. I utilized my Ether to tighten the bonds between the atoms of the material to increase its durability." He explained.

Mujin tilted his head for a moment, before smiling.

"Indeed I could. In fact, that's what I did when creating your dagger. I utilized my Ether to tighten the bonds between the atoms of the material to increase its durability." He explained.
"......." Mimic fidgeted ever so slightly, the man's mouth twisting into something of a grin for a brief moment, before catching himself, his expression returning to his usual scowl.

"...You got any more of that metal left?" He asked quickly.

"......." Mimic fidgeted ever so slightly, the man's mouth twisting into something of a grin for a brief moment, before catching himself, his expression returning to his usual scowl.

"...You got any more of that metal left?" He asked quickly.
Mujin merely snickered, "Indeed I do. Whatever could your next request be, valued customer?"

"I see someone's giddy." Michael said to Mimic, recognizing his grin instantly before he returned to his scowl

"F-**** off! I'm just thinking about something." He said, glaring back at Micheal.

Mujin merely snickered, "Indeed I do. Whatever could your next request be, valued customer?"
Mimic turned back to Mujin, rubbing his hands together.

"....Alright. I...need you to make a marble. A small one, like...this small." Mimic said. He did a gesture with two fingers, pinching them closer until roughly two or three inches of space remained.

"...It needs to be...very durable. Really ******* durable. Cannot stress how important this is. It's gotta be able to take like...a ******* explosion. Can you do that?"

Mimic turned back to Mujin, rubbing his hands together.

"....Alright. I...need you to make a marble. A small one, like...this small." Mimic said. He did a gesture with two fingers, pinching them closer until roughly two or three inches of space remained.

"...It needs to be...very durable. Really ******* durable. Cannot stress how important this is. It's gotta be able to take like...a ******* explosion. Can you do that?"
Mujin blinked a few times, seeming quite confused about the nature of Mimic's request. After pondering this for a few moments, he spoke.

"A... marble. I can indeed make a very durable marble, but um... If I may ask, o' valued customer, why exactly do you need a... as you put it... a marble?"

"I don't know, I'm just not used to seeing such a grumpy face excited!" Michael said, shaking her head
"...Don't get used to it." Mimic muttered, shaking his head.

Mujin blinked a few times, seeming quite confused about the nature of Mimic's request. After pondering this for a few moments, he spoke.

"A... marble. I can indeed make a very durable marble, but um... If I may ask, o' valued customer, why exactly do you need a... as you put it... a marble?"
".........." Mimic said nothing for a moment, thinking. He leaned forward, lowering his voice.

"...My Soul Edge. involves the use of...certain objects." Mimic murmured. He idly fiddled with his new weapon in his pocket, choosing his words carefully.

"...For...reasons, a marble would be good for...stealth. And a durable marble means it won't...break on me."

"It's nice how they spill secrets right on the spot..." Cato thought to himself as he listened in on Mujin and Mimic's conversation, of course keeping his absent-minded nature like he's mere decoration in a house, fiddling with his phone as well as wearing headphones despite no music ever playing.

".........." Mimic said nothing for a moment, thinking. He leaned forward, lowering his voice.

"...My Soul Edge. involves the use of...certain objects." Mimic murmured. He idly fiddled with his new weapon in his pocket, choosing his words carefully.

"...For...reasons, a marble would be good for...stealth. And a durable marble means it won't...break on me."
"...I see." Mujin muttered, crossing his arms. "Well, making a durable marble shouldn't be... outside of my power."

Mujin thought for a moment, "A Soul Edge that involves utilizing items for stealth? Perhaps he's transmitting his consciousness into the object and using it to observe locally? But if that was the case, he wouldn't need to worry about it breaking, since any old object would do. Perhaps it causes mental damage? No, that wouldn't be it. His stress on durability must mean it causes physical damage... So maybe he isn't transmitting his consciousness into the object, but..."

"Possession of other objects..." Cato thought. "Continuous emphasis on durability, slight minute glances to small surrounding objects, and carrying small weapons for stealth." he thought.

"A hypothesis like this is not far from the truth, but I could be wrong. Assumptions of this level should cover up his strange actions, but only at a 67.42%" he continued thinking.

Back