• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

"Hahahaha! Hahaha! He's so funny, right? I hired him for my birthday party a few years ago to entertain my younger sibling's and they loved him." Mujin said with a smile.

"So he's like a jester or some shit???" Sasha grumbled.

"I'll give you his business card after this." Mujin said with a wink and a nod. "For now though, we'd like you to help us achieve our goal. Without having your goons try and murder us..."

"...You're talking risky business, guy. Don't think I'm privy to working with a bunch of low-lives running to their deaths." Sasha murmured.

"Then feel free to get killed by the God Hand when your operation is inevitably exposed!" Mujin said, "Because you know they will eventually find out about this business you've built."

"........." Sasha pondered for a moment, "......"

"Soooo...? What do you say? Work with us??" Mujin proposed finally.

"You drive a... mild bargain. I'll bite for the time being..." Sasha said, sighing. "You can roam around in my turf for now, and I'll provide you some info to help you out when you need it..."

Last edited:
Mimic simply flipped them both off, muttering some unintelligible curse under his breath.

“If I'm lucky they'll kill the both of them...” He thought.

The tanned woman continued to glance at the group from across the bar, quietly sucking her teeth.

“Ms. Sasha seemed to have hired a group of nutters. What do you think, Naan?” She asked, glancing toward the man.

“.............” The man said nothing, his blank eyes trained on the meeting.

Mujin sighed, "Can you guys hop off for a second? Talking to people ain't that freaking hard..." He shook his head, before walking up, clearly annoyed the group was so inept as to be unable to communicate their intentions without his help.

"Look, miss Sasha- Sasha, right?" Mujin asked.

"...Yeah, that's my name." Sasha grunted.

"If you have intentions to avoid the God Hand from tearing down your operation, then we can help. We were actually sent here... to take them down ourselves." Mujin explained, "That's why we were searching for info... because we need to infiltrate the depths of the Hero Association."

Sasha squinted, "I'm listening.... for now."

"Splendid!" Mujin said excitedly, "See, everyone? Was that so difficult???"
"I simply find my information to not be as authentic as yours. Apologies, I'm afraid, but that was quite impressive..." Cato commented on Mujin's feat of convincing Sasha. Although, he may have done the same thing, he utterly was too bored and simply wanted for the bartender to finish making his drink.

Mimic simply flipped them both off, muttering some unintelligible curse under his breath.

“If I'm lucky they'll kill the both of them...” He thought.

The tanned woman continued to glance at the group from across the bar, quietly sucking her teeth.

“Ms. Sasha seemed to have hired a group of nutters. What do you think, Naan?” She asked, glancing toward the man.

“.............” The man said nothing, his blank eyes trained on the meeting.
Slowly but surely, Cato scanned his surroundings out of boredom, slowly leading him to glance at the two people who have been staring at the group for who knows how long.

However, his eyes crossing theirs wasn't for long as he pulled out his phone again and pretended to be absent-minded as he plays Solitaire on his phone.

Sasha glanced over at the tan woman, "Speaking of which, while I'm at it... you should meet my associate. Oi, bread!" She called, beckoning the woman and her "brother" almost like how a pet owner would beckon a dog.
I simply find my information to not be as authentic as yours. Apologies, I'm afraid, but that was quite impressive..." Cato commented on Mujin's feat of convincing Sasha. Although, he may have done the same thing, he utterly was too bored and simply wanted for the bartender to finish making his drink.
"In my country we call that a skill issue..." Mujin said with a laugh. At the same time, Cato's drink was finished, and placed on the bar next to Sasha.

"In my country we call that a skill issue..." Mujin said with a laugh. At the same time, Cato's drink was finished, and placed on the bar next to Sasha.
Cato remained silent and cared less about what he said. And now having his drink, he simply continued playing his card games as if nothing happened.

Sasha glanced over at the tan woman, "Speaking of which, while I'm at it... you should meet my associate. Oi, bread!" She called, beckoning the woman and her "brother" almost like how a pet owner would beckon a dog.
“Ah…It seems Ms. Sasha is calling for us, Naan. Should we go to her?” The woman asked her brother.

“……..” The man turned to look at her, but said nothing.

“…Yes, yes. We mustn’t keep the lady waiting.” She said, nodding in imagined agreement. The woman rose to a standing position, followed shortly afterward by the man. One after another, the pair moved over to the group. Her gait showed a well-hidden…yet still visible limp, slowing her movements ever so slightly. Meanwhile, the man moved…rather stiffly, more akin to a forward march than a normal walk. They stopped a few feet before the woman, bowing respectfully.

“You called, Miss?” She asked. She used her hand to brush down her apron, loose crumbs spilling from the fabric. The man, as seemed to be the trend with him, remained motionless.

"I did. This is one of my associates... and her brother. I call them both Bread. They'll be keeping an eye on you all while you remain in my turf- Can you do that?" Sasha asked her hired hand.

"She's strong, contrary to how she looks..." Mujin whispered to himself.

"The battlefield is no place for a cripple, I hope your Soul Edge makes up for your physical weakness." Alarak said

"And what will you be doing besides sitting around doing nothing?" Michael asked Sasha

"I did. This is one of my associates... and her brother. I call them both Bread. They'll be keeping an eye on you all while you remain in my turf- Can you do that?" Sasha asked her hired hand.

"She's strong, contrary to how she looks..." Mujin whispered to himself.
The female ‘bread’ sibling glanced at the group out of the corner of her eye, before simply breathing out.

“…If you wish Ms-“ She was caught off, as her brother turned to face her. A moment of silence eclipsed them for a moment, before the woman began to speak again.

“…….”

“We want to kill the God Hand.” The woman said flatly. The voice was…slightly colder than before.

“…If they come up with a convincing plan…can me and my brother…assist?”

Mimic glanced at them for a moment, his eyes lingering on the brother in particular.

“….”

“…Never thought the Bread Killers would be down here…she’s even farther gone than I’d heard…” The man thought.

The female ‘bread’ sibling glanced at the group out of the corner of her eye, before simply breathing out.

“…If you wish Ms-“ She was caught off, as her brother turned to face her. A moment of silence eclipsed them for a moment, before the woman began to speak again.

“…….”

“We want to kill the God Hand.” The woman said flatly. The voice was…slightly colder than before.

“…If they come up with a convincing plan…can me and my brother…assist?”
"......" Sasha was silent for a moment, before letting out a sigh. She ignored Michael.

"I won't stop you, but you should be focusing on your rehabilitation and laying low. The God Hand don't **** around, and they're some of the most hardened killers you'll meet. Think you can handle it?"

Alarak smiled "Oh now this is getting interesting, your Vengeance drives you forward!" Alarak said, getting closer

"...just be careful to not let your hate consume you." Michael said bluntly

"......" Sasha was silent for a moment, before letting out a sigh. She ignored Michael.

"I won't stop you, but you should be focusing on your rehabilitation and laying low. The God Hand don't **** around, and they're some of the most hardened killers you'll meet. Think you can handle it?"
“…We…appreciate the concern, my lady. But…my injury isn’t one that will heal with time.” She said. She took a soft breath, her face hardening.

“…But…we’ve been…training. Every day. And… and my brother will protect me. He…he always does…” She said. The man nodded robotically behind her, his face blank.

Alarak smiled "Oh now this is getting interesting, your Vengeance drives you forward!" Alarak said, getting closer

"...just be careful to not let your hate consume you." Michael said bluntly
“…..” The brother turned to face Micheal for a moment.

“…Yes yes, I agree brother. The girl should stay out of our business.” The woman said, nodding amicably.

“…We…appreciate the concern, my lady. But…my injury isn’t one that will heal with time.” She said. She took a soft breath, her face hardening.

“…But…we’ve been…training. Every day. And… and my brother will protect me. He…he always does…” She said. The man nodded robotically behind her, his face blank.
"....Alright, suit yourself. You have my number, so if you're in trouble, call." Sasha said with a shrug.

"....Alright, suit yourself. You have my number, so if you're in trouble, call." Sasha said with a shrug.
"....I am grateful for your assistance, Ms. Sasha." The woman said, breathing out. Like her brother...her face seemingly lacked most signs of emotion, the woman responding in the same manner as a dutiful servant would respond to their master.

"....If you desire, we can bake you a dozen of our best pies, as recompense."

Sasha shrugged, "I'll take ya up on that offer... later. For now, just don't let these clowns leave your sight."

"...Understood, Ma'am." The woman said, bowing respectfully once more. The man stared at Sasha for a moment, before turning his head to look towards the woman.

"...Yes yes. Good question brother. What should we do in the event that they...fall out of your favor?" The woman asked.

Last edited:
"...Understood, Ma'am." The woman said, bowing respectfully once more. The man stared at Sasha for a moment, before turning his head to look towards the woman.

"...Yes yes. Good question brother. What should we do in the event that they...fall out of your favor?" The woman asked.
Sasha squinted, "Yknow... standard procedure and all. If they try any funny business then you can just..."

Sasha imitated the action of slitting someone's throat with her hands, "Ya know the drill..."

Sasha squinted, "Yknow... standard procedure and all. If they try any funny business then you can just..."

Sasha imitated the action of slitting someone's throat with her hands, "Ya know the drill.
The woman pondered this for a moment, before slowly nodding, her expression remaining blank.

"...As you wish, Ms. Sasha. You need only to say the word." The woman said. The brother eye's, meanwhile shifted towards the group, his blank stare seemingly focused on Mujin in particular.

"Well, all is well that ends well! I believe we should be on our way-" Mujin froze in place, feeling a buzzing in his pocket. He immediately snatched out his phone, and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"It's going wonderfully! The God Hand is going to try to kill us!"

"Hey hey hey- Don't get mad- It was all Mimic's idea!!... Totally."

"You wanna talk to him? I'll just put you on speaker. Gimme a sec."

Mujin put his phone on silent for a moment, "Before we go, Engen wants to talk. He ain't happy!"

"Well, all is well that ends well! I believe we should be on our way-" Mujin froze in place, feeling a buzzing in his pocket. He immediately snatched out his phone, and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"It's going wonderfully! The God Hand is going to try to kill us!"

"Hey hey hey- Don't get mad- It was all Mimic's idea!!... Totally."

"You wanna talk to him? I'll just put you on speaker. Gimme a sec."

Mujin put his phone on silent for a moment, "Before we go, Engen wants to talk. He ain't happy!"
"Of course he isn't..." Cati took off his headphones and took a sip of his drink, turning his head towards Mujin.

Mimic gritted his teeth, glaring at Mujin.

“You trying to get me ******* killed?? You *******....” Mimic trailed off, shaking his head. He walked up to Mujins phone, tapping the screen to take it off silent.

“...Yes boss?” He said. His voice was...a lot less aggressive, the man clearly code-switching to a more agreeable tone.

Mimic gritted his teeth, glaring at Mujin.

“You trying to get me ******* killed?? You *******....” Mimic trailed off, shaking his head. He walked up to Mujins phone, tapping the screen to take it off silent.

“...Yes boss?” He said. His voice was...a lot less aggressive, the man clearly code-switching to a more agreeable tone.
(Imagine of all Mimic hears is just curse words)

"...."

"Why are you being pursued...?" Engen asked blankly. There was some... static, coming through the phone, but all in all it was able to be deciphered as the man with the large scar around his mouth.

"...."

"Why are you being pursued...?" Engen asked blankly. There was some... static, coming through the phone, but all in all it was able to be deciphered as the man with the large scar around his mouth.
"...We went to this shithole called the Tokita district." Mimic said flatly.

"Apparently there's a ******' gang running this place. led by some...freakishly large woman called Sasha." Mimic said, he glared over at the woman for a moment, before continuing.

"The God Hand might've been tipped off by us nosing around this place for info. Something that was Mujin's idea, by the way." He said.

"...We went to this shithole called the Tokita district." Mimic said flatly.

"Apparently there's a ******' gang running this place. led by some...freakishly large woman called Sasha." Mimic said, he glared over at the woman for a moment, before continuing.

"The God Hand might've been tipped off by us nosing around this place for info. Something that was Mujin's idea, by the way." He said.
"...Did you confirm anybody on your tail when searching for info? Were you followed, basically." Engen asked blankly.

"...Did you confirm anybody on your tail when searching for info? Were you followed, basically." Engen asked blankly.
"...The hell do you take me for?" Mimic said, seemingly irritated by the question.

"...You think I wouldn't notice someone tailing me in a place like this? Maybe some of the other freaks you hired got tagged, but I've been doing this shit for years. It ain't on me."

"...The hell do you take me for?" Mimic said, seemingly irritated by the question.

"...You think I wouldn't notice someone tailing me in a place like this? Maybe some of the other freaks you hired got tagged, but I've been doing this shit for years. It ain't on me."
"And I just remained out of form the whole time, so it couldn't have been me either." Michael chimed in

"...Alright." Engen said, "If the God Hand is aware of you all, then you're at risk more than you already were. You won't be able to kill whoever they send after you. We can discuss extra compensation for the danger at a later date, but for now... keep a look out for people with a very specifically made tattoo on their face, right under their eye. It should be a Roman numeral, a number 1 to 22. That denotes a member of the Hand."

"...I'll text whatever info I have on hand to Mujin, and you can review it." Engen said, "You happy now, or do I have to submit to you a 20-page dissertation about the enemy for you to be satisfied?"

"...I'll text whatever info I have on hand to Mujin, and you can review it." Engen said, "You happy now, or do I have to submit to you a 20-page dissertation about the enemy for you to be satisfied?"
Mimic glared at the phone, before simply breathing out.

"...Just make sure to keep us in the loop. I'm not here to get myself killed." Mimic muttered.

Back