• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

"....." Engen remained silent for a few moments, some rough static coming through the phone, before speaking as clearly as he could once again.

"Alright. I understand. For now, just lay low. I'll be sending one of my associates to assist you. Her name is Roxanne- She can help get you out of there if things get to dicey."

"....." Engen remained silent for a few moments, some rough static coming through the phone, before speaking as clearly as he could once again.

"Alright. I understand. For now, just lay low. I'll be sending one of my associates to assist you. Her name is Roxanne- She can help get you out of there if things get to dicey."
"We'll be on the lookout... sir." Michael said

"...Alright. Call me immediately if anything else comes up." Engen said flatly, before another small burst of static came from the device, and Engen hung up. Once he did hang up, Mujin immediately got a text, jolting a bit from the sudden vibrations.

"Quick as usual, smiling man..." Mujin whispered to himself, sighing.

"So..." Cato looked at the two bread brethren, before glancing at Mujin.

"...Alright. Call me immediately if anything else comes up." Engen said flatly, before another small burst of static came from the device, and Engen hung up. Once he did hang up, Mujin immediately got a text, jolting a bit from the sudden vibrations.

"Quick as usual, smiling man..." Mujin whispered to himself, sighing.
"What's in the text?"

"Well, let's see..." Mujin opened the text Engen had sent him. It contained the following:

#1 - The Magician. First member of the God Hand. His name and Soul Edge are unknown.

#2 - The High Priestess. A woman who goes by the name of Nexus. Her Soul Edge involves the manipulation of certain gasses... that's all I know.

#3 - The Empress. Another woman... but her name and Soul Edge are also unknown.

#4 - The Emperor. He goes by the name Gabriel. And like the Angel Gabriel, his Soul Edge seems to have something to do with sprouting and controlling wings made of a unique material... He and The Empress seem to be a duo of sorts. Probably siblings.

#5 - The Hierophant. This one's name and gender are both unknown, but their Soul Edge has something to do with Mind Control.

#6 - The Lovers. These two work as a duo, like the Emperor and the Empress, except they aren't listed as separate agents, almost as if they were the same person. That's all I know.

#7 - The Chariot. This one has plentiful information on him, given how boisterous he is. He's a bulky French man with silver hair, should be easy to recognize him... His Soul Edge presumably allows him to turn himself into pure light energy.

#8 - Strength. No information on this one.

#9 - The Hermit. Like The Chariot, he has some info on him, including his name. His name is Joseph, and he's an old man... in his seventies, I'd guess. He doesn't seem to be a combatant and focuses primarily on stealth and recon work. He doesn't seem to... have a Soul Edge, but I doubt he's a normie.

#10 - The Wheel of Fortune. No information on this one.

#11 - Justice. No information on this one.

#12 - The Hanged Man. There's information on him, but... most of it is inconsistent. It's as if info on him is being purposely skewed everyday. I don't know exactly what is right or wrong with this one.

#13 - Death. Her name is Dahlia Mendoza. She goes by the alias of "The Punisher", and she's feared among villains for being extremely violent and psychotic... as well as extremely powerful. She has black hair and black-red eyes, and always carries a rose around with her. Her Soul Edge is unknown.

#14 - The Temperance. Not much that I can tell you outside of the fact she's quite masochistic... and her Soul Edge seems to involve strengthening her body.

#15 - The Devil. No information available.

#16 - The Tower. There's information out there, but not anything really useful. All I know is that he's of seemingly African-American descent... and around 23 feet tall. Should be distinctive enough for you.

#17 - The Star. This one is... trickier. To describe their appearance, they seem to be a child with red hair, around the ages of 9 to 12. I say 9 to 12 because apparently their Soul Edge is... shape-shifting. It'll be trickier to find this one.

#18 - The Moon. No information available.

#19 - The Sun. I can't give you any particular appearance description... because they don't have a physical form. Their Soul Edge, as the name may imply... turns them into a mass of light and heat akin to the sun, with a gravitational pull akin to a real celestial body. It is 100% unlikely they will send this one after you.

#20 - Judgement. The 3rd in the line of command... like the Priestess, this one's Soul Edge seems to also involve the control of gasses... particularly smoke and ash. She's sadistic, so she likes to suffocate her enemies to death slowly with it. That's all I know.

#21 - The World. The 2nd in the line of command... This one is potentially the weakest out of the God Hand, yet the most dangerous as well. I've met them before, and can tell you they have almost 0 individual combat ability on their own... But their Soul Edge is extremely dangerous, and impossibly rare. It allows them to stop time. It's unlikely she'll be sent after you.

#22 - The Fool. The chief of command and the strongest God Hand agent. No other available information.

"Well, let's see..." Mujin opened the text Engen had sent him. It contained the following:

#1 - The Magician. First member of the God Hand. His name and Soul Edge are unknown.

#2 - The High Priestess. A woman who goes by the name of Nexus. Her Soul Edge involves the manipulation of certain gasses... that's all I know.

#3 - The Empress. Another woman... but her name and Soul Edge are also unknown.

#4 - The Emperor. He goes by the name Gabriel. And like the Angel Gabriel, his Soul Edge seems to have something to do with sprouting and controlling wings made of a unique material... He and The Empress seem to be a duo of sorts. Probably siblings.

#5 - The Hierophant. This one's name and gender are both unknown, but their Soul Edge has something to do with Mind Control.

#6 - The Lovers. These two work as a duo, like the Emperor and the Empress, except they aren't listed as separate agents, almost as if they were the same person. That's all I know.

#7 - The Chariot. This one has plentiful information on him, given how boisterous he is. He's a bulky French man with silver hair, should be easy to recognize him... His Soul Edge presumably allows him to turn himself into pure light energy.

#8 - Strength. No information on this one.

#9 - The Hermit. Like The Chariot, he has some info on him, including his name. His name is Joseph, and he's an old man... in his seventies, I'd guess. He doesn't seem to be a combatant and focuses primarily on stealth and recon work. He doesn't seem to... have a Soul Edge, but I doubt he's a normie.

#10 - The Wheel of Fortune. No information on this one.

#11 - Justice. No information on this one.

#12 - The Hanged Man. There's information on him, but... most of it is inconsistent. It's as if info on him is being purposely skewed everyday. I don't know exactly what is right or wrong with this one.

#13 - Death. Her name is Dahlia Mendoza. She goes by the alias of "The Punisher", and she's feared among villains for being extremely violent and psychotic... as well as extremely powerful. She has black hair and black-red eyes, and always carries a rose around with her. Her Soul Edge is unknown.

#14 - The Temperance. Not much that I can tell you outside of the fact she's quite masochistic... and her Soul Edge seems to involve strengthening her body.

#15 - The Devil. No information available.

#16 - The Tower. There's information out there, but not anything really useful. All I know is that he's of seemingly African-American descent... and around 23 feet tall. Should be distinctive enough for you.

#17 - The Star. This one is... trickier. To describe their appearance, they seem to be a child with red hair, around the ages of 9 to 12. I say 9 to 12 because apparently their Soul Edge is... shape-shifting. It'll be trickier to find this one.

#18 - The Moon. No information available.

#19 - The Sun. I can't give you any particular appearance description... because they don't have a physical form. Their Soul Edge, as the name may imply... turns them into a mass of light and heat akin to the sun, with a gravitational pull akin to a real celestial body. It is 100% unlikely they will send this one after you.

#20 - Judgement. The 3rd in the line of command... like the Priestess, this one's Soul Edge seems to also involve the control of gasses... particularly smoke and ash. She's sadistic, so she likes to suffocate her enemies to death slowly with it. That's all I know.

#21 - The World. The 2nd in the line of command... This one is potentially the weakest out of the God Hand, yet the most dangerous as well. I've met them before, and can tell you they have almost 0 individual combat ability on their own... But their Soul Edge is extremely dangerous, and impossibly rare. It allows them to stop time. It's unlikely she'll be sent after you.

#22 - The Fool. The chief of command and the strongest God Hand agent. No other available information.
"Interesting..." Cato placed his hand on his chin.

Mimic's eyes narrowed, fiddling with the inside of his pocket with his fingers.

"...I doubt they would send the first or second in command after us so soon. We aren't high profile enough for them to send some...bigwig out to get us." Mimic muttered.

"....Is the Tower like you, Ms. Sasha?" Croissa asked, glancing at the large woman.

"...Less, impressive, of course. But...of the same...condition."

"....Is the Tower like you, Ms. Sasha?" Croissa asked, glancing at the large woman.

"...Less, impressive, of course. But...of the same...condition."
"...Yeah, similar. Met the guy once... but didn't really talk to him, or fight him." Sasha murmured, her foot tapping against the floor.

"...I did see what he can do, though. He'll be a pain in the ass to deal with."

(Ain't Sasha like 10 feet last I heard? Jeezus)

"Well, look out for magicians and judges, I guess." Michael said not knowing what to make of this one

"And pray tell how do we... dismantle this God Hand entirely?" Alarak asked

(Bump ig.)

"Well, now we know what to look out for, don't we? 22 very powerful enemies that can potentially kill us at any time any where!" Mujin said happily.

(Bump ig.)

"Well, now we know what to look out for, don't we? 22 very powerful enemies that can potentially kill us at any time any where!" Mujin said happily.
"I mean, this doesn't entail about us having to fight them each and every member to reach our goals, no?" he asked.

"I mean, this doesn't entail about us having to fight them each and every member to reach our goals, no?" he asked.
"Don't be so silly, Cato! That would be INCREDIBLT unlikely! I mean, come on. One of them is literally a giant sun! How would we fight that? Punch it?"

"Don't be so silly, Cato! That would be INCREDIBLT unlikely! I mean, come on. One of them is literally a giant sun! How would we fight that? Punch it?"
"I'm saying, is all..." he shrugged. "It's nonsensical to fight them, that's obvious. A simple reminder about their capabilities..."

"Of course, of course. For now, let's return to... home, or whatever we're calling the shithole we sleep in, and discuss our next strategy!... Ms. Bread and Mr. Bread, welcome aboard!" Mujin said enthusiastically.

Croissa nodded in understanding to Sasha, before glancing at Mujin.

“...Do not misunderstand. We are only accompanying you as long as Miss Sasha permits. We would suggest you remain in her...good graces.” the woman said.

“.....” The man stared blankly at Mujin, simply nodding in agreement.

"Of course, of course. For now, let's return to... home, or whatever we're calling the shithole we sleep in, and discuss our next strategy!... Ms. Bread and Mr. Bread, welcome aboard!" Mujin said enthusiastically.
"Bread people...." he repeated, "A niche name...." he muttered, as he continued playing poker on his phone.

Croissa nodded in understanding to Sasha, before glancing at Mujin.

“...Do not misunderstand. We are only accompanying you as long as Miss Sasha permits. We would suggest you remain in her...good graces.” the woman said.

“.....” The man stared blankly at Mujin, simply nodding in agreement.
"Gosh, I got it already, I'll remain in the "good graces" of your giant mobster girlfriend." Mujin said dismissively, not exactly taking her entirely seriously.

"Gosh, I got it already, I'll remain in the "good graces" of your giant mobster girlfriend." Mujin said dismissively, not exactly taking her entirely seriously.
The tanned man took a step toward Mujin, only for the woman to place a hand on his shoulder, halting his advance.

“...Nevermind him, Naan. We have our orders.” She said quietly. Her tone seemed...softer, when she talked to him, filled with a certain tenderness. Naan glanced down at her for a moment, before nodding mechanically, returning to her side.

"Well, I can work with them" Zack said, writing something quickly in his notebook.
The woman glanced at Zack for a moment, giving him a curt nod.

“…We hope this arrangement will be beneficial towards both parties.”

The tanned man took a step toward Mujin, only for the woman to place a hand on his shoulder, halting his advance.

“...Nevermind him, Naan. We have our orders.” She said quietly. Her tone seemed...softer, when she talked to him, filled with a certain tenderness. Naan glanced down at her for a moment, before nodding mechanically, returning to her side.

The woman glanced at Zack for a moment, giving him a curt nod.

“…We hope this arrangement will be beneficial towards both parties.”
"And we hope it stays that way for a long time..." Cato commented, his face still looking at his phone.

"Gosh... how frightening." Mujin said with a scoff, before walking back down the path where the group had come from.

Sasha sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "Later, kid. Remember, if things get dicey- Call me, got it?" She ordered.

Croissa glared at Mujin as he walked down the path, before breathing out a sigh, her gaze returning to Sasha.

"...Yes Miss Sasha. As always...we are grateful for your assistance." She said softly. She bowed, Naan lowering mechanically alongside her.

"...And...likewise. If you require us for...anything. We are at your service." She said.

Mimic glanced at Sasha for a moment, before shaking his head slowly slinking behind Mujin.

"...Least nobody tried to kill us this time...no telling what could happen with people like her..." Mimic thought.

Croissa glared at Mujin as he walked down the path, before breathing out a sigh, her gaze returning to Sasha.

"...Yes Miss Sasha. As always...we are grateful for your assistance." She said softly. She bowed, Naan lowering mechanically alongside her.

"...And...likewise. If you require us for...anything. We are at your service." She said.
"Yeah, yeah, no need to bow. Now get outta here, kid." Sasha said dismissively, waving her hand in a "shooing" motion.

"Yeah, yeah, no need to bow. Now get outta here, kid." Sasha said dismissively, waving her hand in a "shooing" motion.
"I must admit, the drinks here are really great..." Cato replied, his tone still somewhat empty as he said that, having ordered a different drink to the bartender.

"First off, I think we should return to our temporary base of operations! Sticking around here is just waiting for someone to attack..." Mujin said.

(Double posting I guess.)

The group eventually reached back to the dump they called their home, although it was easy to feel the heavy stares upon them as they traversed the district in broad daylight. None dared to approach them, though. Seeing the Bread Killers with them meant they were moving under Sasha's orders- And nobody in Tokita would dare oppose the giant woman.

"Reputation controls people like them, my friend... that big bitch and her associates her must've racked up quite the rep." Mujin said.

Back