• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frisk vs Giygas

no idea how this'll work but it's been itching my brain so I'll get it out now
  • Devil's Machine Giygas & 8-B, Low 2-C durability Frisk
  • Frisk's goal is to peacefully neutralize the threat of Giygas
  • Giygas is initially hostile to Frisk, and otherwise in character
  • Frisk has a full inventory of dog salad
  • ten meters apart, speed equalized?, location is the Cave of the Past
child:
thing: 1 (@StrymULTRA)
draw:

Last edited:
Just saying that Giygas' mind hax while is passive, explicitly affects only those prone to evil, given that a good chunk of NPCs were still unaffected from this.

Tho Giygas still has a massive AP advantage due to completely stomping Ness, who's already above baseline Low 2-C, and can incap really easily with Status Effects, and iirc EE can bypass SAVE and LOAD so... yeh.

Frisk can't really affect Giygas either because AE1, so stomp.

Oh, I misread and assumed is Unsealed Giygas.

My point still stands, as Frisk can't damage Giygas at all and the latter can still incap.

Just saying that Giygas' mind hax while is passive, explicitly affects only those prone to evil, given that a good chunk of NPCs were still unaffected from this.

Tho Giygas still has a massive AP advantage due to completely stomping Ness, who's already above baseline Low 2-C, and can incap really easily with Status Effects, and iirc EE can bypass SAVE and LOAD so... yeh.

Frisk can't really affect Giygas either because AE1, so stomp.
this is sealed Giygas, and Frisk's goal is to pacify him, not kill him

this is sealed Giygas, and Frisk's goal is to pacify him, not kill him
Oh, I misread and assumed is Unsealed Giygas.

My point still stands, as Frisk can't damage Giygas at all and the latter can still incap.
Giygas is completely corrupted from own his evil. Frisk couldn't pacify Photoshop Flowey at all, so why would they work on Giygas? Plus Giygas can use a fuckton of PSI to incap them (even petrification or sleeping), and SAVE and LOAD doesn't work if your mind doesn't work properly.

Giygas is completely corrupted from own his evil. Frisk couldn't pacify Photoshop Flowey at all, so why would they work on Giygas? Plus Giygas can use a fuckton of PSI to incap them (even petrification or sleeping), and SAVE and LOAD doesn't work if your mind doesn't work properly.
according to the page he still has his rational mind in the Devil's Machine, so I guessed that would mean he could still think about what's being said or done to him, and Frisk didn't really get a chance to try with Flowey, otherwise probably fair enough

according to the page he still has his rational mind in the Devil's Machine, so I guessed that would mean he could still think about what's being said or done to him, and Frisk didn't really get a chance to try with Flowey, otherwise probably fair enough
Frisk was able to talk with the SOULs, meaning they still could use the ACTs in the fight. They also weren't able to convince Mad Dummy, Asgore or Undyne in the neutral route, with the latter being befriended only because Papyrus being a friend of both. Meaning that if stubborn enough/with point of no return, Frisk can't go on a compromise at all with them.

Also, OP, I didn't vote, is a stomp, Frisk can't win this at all, they don't have anything that can stop Giygas lol.

Giygas has many ways to bypass their DT on the other hand instead, soooo yeah.

Frisk's goal is to peacefully neutralize the threat of Giygas
This is never happening, Giygas at this point is way to far gone, which is saying a lot given that isn't even that super eldritch Giygas.

Also, OP, I didn't vote, is a stomp, Frisk can't win this at all, they don't have anything that can stop Giygas lol.

Giygas has many ways to bypass their DT on the other hand instead, soooo yeah.

Rockin, Thunder and Freeze all sound like tangible attacks that can be dodged by someone who constantly deals with danmaku, Freeze has a 50% chance to solidify but that only lasts for one turn
Flash is a random effect thing and the only potential effect that seems like it matters is paralysis, but since you can still use PSI during paralysis the mind still works so Frisk could still load

other than that though, yeah, pacifism probably wouldn't get anywhere, I'd say it's a draw

Rockin, Thunder and Freeze all sound like tangible attacks that can be dodged by someone who constantly deals with danmaku, Freeze's effect has a 50% chance to work even still
Flash is a random effect thing and the only potential effect that seems like it matters is paralysis, but since you can still use PSI during paralysis the mind still works so Frisk could still load
I talk about Diamondization my guy, which literally turns in a statue and can't go back to normal until the victim is treated in a hospital. Sleep too given that LOADing literally requires the will to not die, and can't do that when you're asleep. Mushroomized can be argued too given that Giygas is stronger than whatever thing was on Earth about hax, and that completely screws the user from being rational. And yes, I argue he can do that given that in Mother 1 he's the reason why random objects start to animate and gain PSI powers which aren't used by him, so there's that.

I talk about Diamondization my guy, which literally turns in a statue and can't go back to normal until the victim is treated in a hospital. Sleep too given that LOADing literally requires the will to not die, and can't do that when you're asleep. Mushroomized can be argued too given that Giygas is stronger than whatever thing was on Earth about hax, and that completely screws the user from being rational. And yes, I argue he can do that given that in Mother 1 he's the reason why random objects start to animate and gain PSI powers which aren't used by him, so there's that.
Giygas never uses any of that in his fights, so, not in character if he can :v

Giygas never uses any of that in his fights, so, not in character :v
That's because of Game Mechanics, for the sake of being a balanced opponent he obviously has his moveset limited. Beings like Lavos or Mewtwo don't despite all the hax they have for this reason, as otherwise he'd be unplayable asf.

Other reasons why this is flawed is because of Starmen using these moves, so saying that Giygas doesn't too is absurd for one, and second, the fight was quite short and Porky interrupted it to make Giygas become the Unsealed thing, so obviously for a lore stand-point Giygas didn't use that just because he didn't have a chance to. In Mother 1 neither because he didn't even want to truly harm Ninten in the 1st place.

That's because of Game Mechanics, for the sake of being a balanced opponent he obviously has his moveset limited. Beings like Lavos or Mewtwo don't despite all the hax they have for this reason, as otherwise he'd be unplayable asf.

Other reasons why this is flawed is because of Starmen using these moves, so saying that Giygas doesn't too is absurd for one, and second, the fight was quite short and Porky interrupted it to make Giygas become the Unsealed thing, so obviously for a lore stand-point Giygas didn't use that just because he didn't have a chance to. In Mother 1 neither because he didn't even want to truly harm Ninten in the 1st place.
those abilities aren't listed on his page because he's never shown or implied to have them, so by how this site works he just doesn't have them :v
the argument has probably gone past the point of logic to where we just start claiming things now so I'm gonna go eat cantaloupes or smth

those abilities aren't listed on his page because he's never shown or implied to have them, so by how this site works he just doesn't have them :v
the argument has probably gone past the point of logic to where we just start claiming things now so I'm gonna go eat cantaloupes or smth
That's because his P&A wasn't updated, he has listed "Psychic Abilities" on his profile, meaning he does have those PSI, see Ness or Starman profiles, given those are updated.

Also is not the first time when characters have in threads P&A which aren't listed in profiles lmfao.

Back