• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wait... an Undertale upgrade?? Is that even possible?

He is a knowledgeable member and widely known to be so, he just never put his name on the list

(Sigh) Dude, the list is a simple collection of names basically anyone can edit, it's not a prime authority of how much someone is in charge at all, their actual contributions to the verse matters far more than them having their name linked on a page

This is just arguing a very trivial thing anyway

He is the one who largely defined our current Undertale statistics, and has helped out with several revisions in the past.

Tbh I don't think it is about who defines the statistics. I believe it should simply be about who has the most reliability when it comes to the verse and who has presented the best method and representation of the verse. Sometimes people who are more trusted can be overly trusted to the point where their viewpoint is always seen as fit which can lead to bandwagoning and appeal to authority to some degree. But that's all I'm gonna say cuz it's derailing

@andytrenom Do you think the stuff I've agreed on can be added? If so i can add them and get to the rest of Sean's argument and then maybe get onto frisk and annoying dog

Are you willing to ask other staff members to comment here, in lack of Azathoth's participation?

Okay. You can ask a few more then.

Here are some suggestions for when there are not enough knowledgeable members available:

Promestein

SomebodyData

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Monarch Laciel

Saikou The Lewd King

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

Andytrenom

Qawsedf234

Crabwhale

Crimson Azoth

Sir Ovens

Warren Valion

Alphys definitively isn't smarter than Gaster. She works faster, but that's it. She has never shown feats on Gaster's level and Gaster was lowkey stated to just be better, despite working slowly.

A lot of this seems taking stuff out of context to give an upgrade, or trying to take the most impressive interpretation of a feat.

• Undyne
Her throwing a spear at a table does not make her a "signature expert". She showed even less (read none) skill with the others, and it's not really implied that she eats with them other than having that stuff in there. She can have it for her training with Asgore, but none of the reasons you gave.

That isn't telekinesis, it's magic that can float. There is no one object she is controlling, just her magical energy. And adding it changes absolutely nothing, nor would it make her profile more clear... and for the matter, she doesn't even manipulate them after throwing them.

Rage Power is just a no, she just gradually stops holding them. When she gets angry because you fail to block her first attack it doesn't get faster until she decides to stop being theatratic.

Power Null is just a baseless assumption.

• Toriel
"Erase constructs"..? She throws a fireball at the flower, it gets blown back, and then starts stalking you through the game until the ending.</p>

That's not heat manipulation... that's fire manipulation. Because fire... is good for cooking.

Toriel might have the inventory, but assuming she got yellow mode, which is worse then her normal abilities regardless, or a jackpack, is no fair because the latter two were made for the Mettaton farce.

Reading books is fine, but she had over 7 children and always wished to be a teacher... I don't think she just made the curriculum on the fly.

The age is a no. The turtle is describing the delta rune, not how long the two were alive.

• Asgore
Asgore is superior the other monsters, not fighting him being a mercy is Undyne being theatratic.

The humans are completely unknown in power, so using an off-screen fight with them for tier justification is a no.

Flowey without violence has 19 ATK, obviously he couldn't beat a guy with 80 of it. That's not a reason for scaling when Asgore is superior to monsters stronger that Flowey.

That is not heat, it's fire manipulation.

Snowdin's ice isn't that cold, Undyne feeling cold doesn't mean it's any colder than real life places during winter while snowing (she had no heating clothing, let alone fur like Asgore), and the hotland thing is a gag made because Tobi was too lazy to remove the snow.</p>

• Papyrus
No Ice Resistance for Papyrus, either.

• Alphys
Pretty damn sure the EMP was a bull because she controlled the whole thing from the beginning.

The noodles are in her fridge, they are no more standard equipment then the three plates of chicken I have in my own.

Alphys doesn't scale to Ghaster... at all.

She already knew the answer to all the questions except the last one that Mettaton asked to catch her off-guard.

She was behind Mettaton, and I'm relatively sure he was aware of it, too.

• Frisk
The saving part is them overwriting Asriel's own... and it's literally stated to be impossible to do, too.

Becoming a bodiless soul isn't immortality, and they could only act after being absorbed and not before.

No to Empathic Manipulation. Froggit is the one silly, and trying the same with people that are always serious is impossible.

Act failed to calm down quiet a few people.

The Faded Ribbon claims nothing about bloodlusted monsters.

That isn't dream manipulation. That's at most subjective reality, but more creation... limited to healing items to boot.

Ignoring that frisk passes the whole game possessed by the player, and Chara wasn't trying to manipulate them back then.

Claiming immunity to a power because the the energy can't be created artificially is a horrible NLF. Characters unable to copy tier 2 stuff will obviously be unable to do so, but anyone that can will easily copy DT.

That's not telepathy.

That is not Clairvoyance, it's basic observation. And the vision about Chara..? That's because they absorbed her consciousness.

Those are extrasensory senses. They are also taking the game trying to convey your achievement and a gag too literally, but I digress.

Walking for a few miles with a wounded child instead of any of the adults on the way helping them is not a reasonable assumption.

The skill in beating Asgore was "dodge and hit". Sure, dodging danmaku is a thing, but fighting skill isn't. Asgore killing six children just means they were not the greatest fighters. The other stuff is gags (talking through wriggling) or just unimpressive (the core wasn't that complicated, and doing the opposite of what Alphys told you was a great way to find the way.)

• Vulki
That isn't durability negation, it's stat reduction.

• Muffet
She is a humanoid spider staring at someone while licking her lips. The dude was intimidated into buying it, not convinced.

That is not power null, you're just unable to move faster when you can't move at all and even your souls is restricted by threads.

She doesn't fight much personally, and several of the turns are her spiders attacking while she does nothing.

• Annoying Dog
A featless author avatar with no real effect on the story shouldn't be added at all, but whatever.

The gets stronger is a gag.

That wasn't the dog itself. That's just another dog prepared to be an explosive.

You won't give it duplication using a deltarune promoting trailer.

• Chara
Monsters are weak susceptible to feelings to begin with. Regardless, this is Genocide Frisk, not Chara.

So what, if anything, needs to be done here?

I never Saikou The Lewd King said:
Alphys definitively isn't smarter than Gaster. She works faster, but that's it. She has never shown feats on Gaster's level and Gaster was lowkey stated to just be better, despite working slowly.
I never said Alphys was smarter.

Ill look at riscis in a bit if i disagree with anything he said.

@Saikou I dont think its an attempt to say alphys is smarter. I think a note under her intelligence saying something like "while she likely posesses less intelligence, alphys has been noted to work faster than gaster" since it is still noteworthy.

I have QUITE a few arguments.

I said she was an expert of her signature spears, not a "signature expert". Since they were in her silverware drawer she likely uses them to eat. Even if she DID use them to train with Asgore, she would still know how to use them.

Undyne still uses her mind to move it, even if it is her own magical energy. Not controlling it's vectors after it's thrown doesn't mean she never did it in the first place.

I never mentioned that part of the fight, but that's also a good example.

It's not baseless when I literally showed it happening.

You're not even mentioning the part where the erasing of the constructs happens.

You don't use fire on the inside of an oven.

Shooting bullets out of your SOUL is somehow worse than what she can normally do, even though she can also use her normal abilities in Yellow Mode? Even if you assume Mettaton was telling the truth when he tried to tell you that Alphys was using you (She didn't even do what Mettaton said she was going to do in a situation where she couldn't hear him), Alphys isn't selective in who she helps.

The time frame is ambiguous, but that's kind of what you're led to believe.

Except the Delta Rune is the symbol of the Kingdom of Monsters, which has existed since before written history.

Undyne being theatric sometimes doesn't disprove what she said in the first place. Not to mention she was full of rage during the fight.

We actually do know how strong humans are. One Human SOUL is equivalent to almost every single Monster SOUL in the Underground combined. But that doesn't matter since it's a feat in itself to do something only Gerson and Toriel have done firsthand.

Base Flowey doesn't have canon STATs.

See Toriel's second argument.

Undyne can no-sell 9000 degree ovens overloading in her face, temperature doesn't affect her that much. Spongebob episodes have just as many "gags" with similar intentions as the gags used here and those are used as feats too.

You're still assuming that Mettaton wasn't lying when he said that Alphys was behind everything, which has a lot of evidence against it.

Pretty sure she uses noodles a lot more than you use chicken.

How? That doesn't disprove my reasoning.

That's assuming she knew what the questions would be.

Tf are you talking about? And it was mentioned that Frisk originally thought it was impossible to beat him.

No, the bodiless soul is immortal. And they didn't move because they had nowhere to go.

So because Froggit is "silly", which he is not, Frisk can't affect people with her words? Tf?

No it didn't. Undyne is a possibility, but she was Bloodlusted and was calmed down.

You're right. It doesn't. But crazed Amalgamates and Undyne during her fight do less damage to you because of the Ribbon and it's effects.

Creating and holding dreams isn't Dream Manipulation? TF?!?

The "player" isn't even a real person. Minecraft's "player" page was deleted and he had more evidence to actually exist than Undertale's. And even on the Genocide run, Chara starts possessing you by the time you get to Toriel's house.

Immunity itself is a NLF.

Reading minds isn't telepathy? Wtf?

Yes it is. Frisk is gaining information about a person, and seeing something that happened in past.

>they absorbed her consciousness

WTF?!?

Good, so you agree.

It would since Chara wasn't significantly wounded.

So because Asgore can be beaten, he's not skilled, all his enemies are weak, and my points don't matter?

I know, some people have mentioned that.

"Social Influencing is ones ability to manipulate other characters using some form of charm." It doesn't need to convince him, it needs to be able to get her what she wants.

So it's not what I said but it is what I said?

Muffet's spiders ARE her attacks. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

I've seen worse avatars added.

Funny =/= didn't happen.

Prove it's a different dog.

Why not? It's official content.

They're weak to the ATTACKER'S feelings. Chara IS Genocide Frisk.

I'm not going through walls of text (I read it, but I won't be writing them). Burden of Proof nulls majority of that, and another majority is destroyed by Occam's Razor (in what world is it more fair to assume Toriel erased magic bullets instead of them just not being there because the attacker was blown the hell back).

Some are non-sequitors too (the delta rune's age means nothing to Asgore's age), and I'm not going to write an answer to each one of these.

The thing about Flowey's stats I would like Ricsi to give sources for. Apart from that I mostly agree, only thing is that I have only focused on the arguments till the Frisk section, with the exception of Muffet's social influencing which I agree with Ricsi that she shouldn't have

Can you summarise what is left to do here, the arguments in favour of this, and who agree, disagree, and are neutral?

We have to nail down what hax should even be added, since everyone seems to have a different version of what should be added or not.

Andytrenom is skeptical.

Read this post seems to agree with most.

Saikou seems content.

Risci Virasausage hates everything.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile if the knowledgeable members categorized their stances?

For example, list what you unconditionally agree with.

Once we establish what's unanimously agreed upon by the knowledgeable members and supporters in this debate, it may be reasonable to implement those revisions.

Things might go quicker if we don't have to repeat "I agree" for things we unanimously agree on, & we can at least implement those revisions while we debate the more contentious subjects.

Then, let's focus on what's (un)conditionally (dis)agreed upon.

Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Back