• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major EarthBound Revisions Part I: Cosmology and Stat Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't done with the sole intent to make you look bad, you should know that. It's to cover how you're massively mishandling this thread, even though you're a staff member that is meant to represent the best of this site.
I don't represent this site, I have the sysop tag because I'm a admin on Joke Battles, here I represent nobody but myself.
That means absolutely nothing. Just because someone else did it doesn't demean the fact you engaged in this toxic behavior. This is a blatantly bad tactic to alleviate the scrutiny you're being given right now. No one is saying Weeb would even be in the right either, that's very presumptuous of you.
I'm not trying to say my behavior on discord is fine, but since someone decided to make a callout of what I said on Discord, it seems unfair to act like I'm the only one acting unprofessional while multiple others including another contributor to this thread acted in the exact same manor. (And even went as far as to take said behavior to this thread in response to my first post here.)
Nobody is attacking your character here. All that's happening is that they're questioning your remarks. Disagreeing with the upgrade isn't the problem either; it's your superfluously overbearing attitude toward the supporters on this thread. Shifting the narrative by playing the victim card isn't helpful here.
First, if you're going to insist on it not being an attack on my character, that is fine, but don't then also say that the way I'm acting is pathetic and try and talk to me like I'm a child. Second, I'm not playing the victim, I just find it odd that someone would decide to make a callout post (Through another persons account at that) on me while completely ignoring the behavior of others in the exact same discussion, and to add to this, I didn't create an elaborate narrative about how you raided the thread with supporters to get it past.
That's not how this works. You don't get to go to a private Discord to polarize mentality about why the thread is wrong, get called out on it when a screenshot is sent, and try to suppress something because it doesn't put you in a good light. You shouldn't be making such remarks if you don't even have the spine to defend it.

The only reason I continue a response to this is how you've acted this entire thread is so easily characterized and understood by what you're sending in Discord chats. This is very deliberately undermining the integrity of this wiki and its moderation when you do things like this.
I didn't polarize the mentality on Discord, Wokistan disagreed with the reasoning of his own accord, as did AKM and any others, I'm not some supervillain with the capacity to mass influence the administrators here to do my bidding

I don't see how my behavior on Discord is at all reflected here, on the contrary, I feel like everyone here has been very civil when it comes to debating this topic, if you feel as though my comments have come off as condescending or anything of the like, that is merely the nature of debating through text, I've done my best to make sure my posts do not sound that way, but there is only so much I can do.

===========

Back on the topic of the thread, I still agree with AKM and Ogbunabali, I'm probably not going to continue commenting here, since I care slightly more about my mental health than Ness getting upgraded to Low 1-C and I feel like the staff can handle it. (Apologies in advance for bringing this up again, I just want to defend myself before I leave.)

This is just a repeat of points already discussed before and rejected. There is nothing here that's sufficient enough to make a good case for even a possibly rating.
Pretty much this.

Nothing new has been brought to the table, just the same points that were refuted before.

This was already rejected. You need to pay more attention to the thread. My "lackluster" argument that a portion of something on a higher tier doesn't translate to the exact same tier was seconded by almost all the staff members who came to give input.
Said staff don't even play EB and instead use the logic that fiction can be like it where you're still the same tier. Ness is going to become 5D for absorbing that 5D energy within him, him staying 3D absolutely makes no sense.

Not enough. Ogbunabali already went into detail about this with context and even discarding that, not getting one-shot is never a good enough reason to scale.
Hah. No. We've already discussed how The Player resorted to a more stronger method to defeat Giygas, which literally means Giygas would've survived more hits if they were normal attacks vs prayer attacks. Ergo, he can survive more hits. Not to mention the dude was weakened as is, only making the durability all the better.

Do not be the one to compare A verse to B verse and expect B verse to mimic A verse. And do not bring up that this has already happened in the thread beforehand.

Do not be the one to compare A verse to B verse and expect B verse to mimic A verse. And do not bring up that this has already happened in the thread beforehand.
I will because that's a ******* double standard. So for them, being superior to 1% of a Low 1-C power source is Low 1-C. Perfect, sounds fine. Oh, but Ness has the same thing? Nah, let's ignore that.

Joker is listed as Low 1-C for being superior to Mxyzptlk with 1% of his power. Meaning their logic is 1% of Low 1-C is still Low 1-C.
Ah. I mean, regardless of which Joker it is... sounds Low 1-C to me. 1% of infinity is still infinity, much less the infinitely bigger uncountable infinity. This is from an old thread about the Tiering System as a whole, from Ultima, and I believe it fits the bill:
You don't necessarily have to affect the entirety of a realm if a verse establishes that any portion of it, however small, completely trivializes a lower space, or if you can infer that from some basic evidence. A few characters from Umineko are really good examples of that, like Diana, for instance: She is pretty much just a regular housecat and is effectively 10-C in relation to her own plane of existence (That being Heaven), but it just so happens that said plane in general looks down upon lower worlds as fiction, so she qualifies for 1-B, even though she can't really affect all of Heaven or something like that.

Joker is listed as Low 1-C for being superior to Mxyzptlk with 1% of his power. Meaning their logic is 1% of Low 1-C is still Low 1-C.
Mxy planned to give 1% of his power to Joker, but Joker tricked him and got 99% of his power
qK3CYEY_1.jpg

I also think that AKM, Ogbunabali, Wokistan, and DontTalk make sense, so a Low 1-C Ness has been pretty thoroughly rejected. Please accept this and move on, and also avoid harrassing our staff about it for trying to do their jobs, as this has turned far too common recently.

I also think that AKM, Ogbunabali, Wokistan, and DontTalk make sense, so a Low 1-C Ness has been pretty thoroughly rejected. Please accept this and move on, and also avoid harrassing our staff about it for trying to do their jobs, as this has turned far too common recently.
Hmm, no?
They have yet to address our points instead of them saying "repeating points" as an excuse for them from running away.
They ignored Vileshaodw and quirky boy's points
And i have yet to hear why the fraction isn't low 1-C.

I’m going to be as respectful as possible as I type this, and I do apologize for my stubbornness, I just simply want to release my thoughts here.

But Ant, I feel as if it’s too early to give an official verdict where we have users on here (including me) arguing against these points being made from the staffs. I just simply can’t accept this at all, especially when the arguments being made now has been nothing but “This has been refuted. Move on” when we’ve already gone over most of the previous staffs point, that has, as I say a lot in my replies, yet to be refuted.
I know this thread has been grueling and time consuming, but I beg of you to just give us more time and allow these staffs to address our points more properly.

Well, this seems to go around in circles for a comparatively minor issue that is ultimately not a big deal, and I think that our staff has already refuted your points, but if there are any that still need to be dealt with, you can list them in a structured and easy to understand manner if you wish.

Well, you need to structure the points that you do not think have been refuted in an easy to understand and respond to manner.

Jeez, why does everyone make such a big thing about some fat, chubby teen not getting a Low 1-C rating? Why does everyone get so heated about a fictional verse?
"Why debate over a character's statistics and indexing on a forum dedicated to debating and indexing".

Bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back