• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major EarthBound Revisions Part I: Cosmology and Stat Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, why get so heated about it?
Who says anyone is actually heated? Some people just speak In a certain tone or word things in such a way. Hard to actually tell over the internet if someone is actually heated or not tbf.

We can read. We can see if someone gets angry or not lol, it’s not that hard.
Yeah well you'd be surprised. There's a difference between "angry" and being straightforward or blunt. And case and point, you're assuming, you don't actually know. Either this is beyond derailing, let them debate what needs to be debated.

Yeah well you'd be surprised. There's a difference between "angry" and being straightforward or blunt. And case and point, you're assuming, you don't actually know. Either this is beyond derailing, let them debate what needs to be debated.
Wow, what a surprise i indeed didn’t know that because i live under a rock y’know lol, it’s clear that the intention of the OP is that their are trying to force this verse in becoming Low 1-C, even those many staff members disagree they still continue that’s what I meant with why not just accept it and move on, but either way if this gets accepted in the end, that will be so laughable.

I get it, but if the said character doesn’t get an upgrade, just accept it, and move on with your life-y’know it’s not the end of the world.
I don't think you understand, people don't debate for "upgrade", people debate because they think that's actually the case (or at least that should be the ******* case, I'd like to think nobody is arguing here for sake of numbers over what they think is actually accurate).
If someone told you the sky was green and not blue, you'd debate them, not just go "oh ok I guess you're right". If that person was the president you'd still go "yeah no, pretty sure it's blue".

Is this really so hard to comprehend? Yes, they want Low 1-C, because they think it's accurate. Not just "lol beeg number".

And yes, drop it. You're derailing, you're adding nothing, absolutely nothing you've said has any benefit to this thread, and all you're doing is inciting shit with completely unnecessary comments and in some cases effectively undermining their arguments with your needless comments and even claiming that the proposed changes are "laughable". If you disagree, actually debate it, but you don't have that right to undermine it.
Continue it and you'll be the first person I've ever reported.

Thrown in the trash.
No, your opinion matters.
You calling it laughable, telling people to get over it and stop debating, and so on, is what isn't ok.
You wanna state your opinion? Ok cool, do so.

Just because i ******* despise earthbound to the core

Probably should've kept that to yourself, kinda making it hard to take your opinion as unbiased now.

Last post from me on this topic, I'd like to think you'd do the same.

you can provide input yes. What you said isn't relevant to the point of the thread. This is the last I speak of this as I'm already derailing too.

I don't think you understand, people don't debate for "upgrade", people debate because they think that's actually the case (or at least that should be the ******* case).
If someone told you the sky was green and not blue, you'd debate them, not just go "oh ok I guess you're right". If that person was the president you'd still go "yeah no, pretty sure it's blue".

Is this really so hard to comprehend? Yes, they want Low 1-C, because they think it's accurate. Not just "lol beeg number".

And yes, drop it. You're derailing, you're adding nothing, absolutely nothing you've said has any benefit to this thread, and all you're doing is inciting shit with completely unnecessary comments and in some cases effectively undermining their arguments with your needless comments and even claiming that the proposed changes are "laughable". If you disagree, actually debate it, but you don't have that right.
Continue it and you'll be the first person I've ever reported.
Duh it‘s the case being debated that’s what this thread is made for lol, that sky example doesn’t make any sense and does have anything to do with this topic at all. It’s not hard to comprehend at all, they think it’s accurate because it’s a big number, not because earthbound should be 5D that just wank honestly, yes and your are responding to derailment you’re not making it any better lol, now you are getting heated just because i disagree with the rating that might be given. Wow you seem to get heated you’re probably a earthbound supporter or something because I disagree with Low 1-C, and you don’t like it. I mean go ahead report me i literally do not care.

No, your opinion matters.
You calling it laughable, telling people to get over it and stop debating, and so on, is what isn't ok.
You wanna state your opinion? Ok cool, do so.
Bruh, I’m just saying that no one needs to get so heated. It’s ******* fiction Lmao it’s not real life if ness or whatever the **** his name is doesn’t get upgraded to Low 1-C doesn’t mean that the world will be gone tomorrow. Lol.

Last edited:
Probably should've kept that to yourself, kinda making it hard to take your opinion as unbiased now.

Last post from me on this topic, I'd like to think you'd do the same.
Couldn’t care less because. I just wanted to say that everyone just needs to go out for a sec and stop complaining about their favorite verse not being the tiering that they initially thought. I will predict that this thread will get so heated that people outside this place will view us as more than just a meme now.

AKM, WHY are the staff so powerful they can reject a CRT for a verse they don't even know????
Staff members comprise of some of the most levelheaded, rational and reliable people whose judgment can be trusted. It doesn't matter if they know a verse or not, they can still evaluate the points given enough context and judge whether something makes sense or not, according to the system. It's literally their job.

Said staff don't even play EB and instead use the logic that fiction can be like it where you're still the same tier. Ness is going to become 5D for absorbing that 5D energy within him, him staying 3D absolutely makes no sense.
Maybe it doesn't make sense to you, but that's how things are. Several staff members have clarified this point, so I'd appreciate you just drop it at this point.

We've already discussed how The Player resorted to a more stronger method to defeat Giygas, which literally means Giygas would've survived more hits if they were normal attacks vs prayer attacks. Ergo, he can survive more hits.
I giant leap in logic based on pure assumptions. Simply because someone used a special method the other character is already weak against, or the method that is most effective on the other character, does not mean the other character is automatically able to survive more hits. More effective method =/= stronger method. Your premise and your conclusion are two unrelated things.

At this point, it has become stonewalling. Same arguments are being repeated again and again and it's clear some people have no intention of changing their minds on this. And the thread keeps getting derailed. I suggest that the changes should be applied and the thread closed.

More effective method =/= stronger method.
. . .
unknown.png

At this point, it has become stonewalling. Same arguments are being repeated again and again and it's clear some people have no intention of changing their minds on this. And the thread keeps getting derailed. I suggest that the changes should be applied and the thread closed.
Considering there is no further progress to be made with this thread, the best course of action would be to close it and revert Ness and Giygas back to Low 2-C. I will handle the edits, whoever wants to close the thread may do so.

I giant leap in logic based on pure assumptions. Simply because someone used a special method the other character is already weak against, or the method that is most effective on the other character, does not mean the other character is automatically able to survive more hits. More effective method =/= stronger method. Your premise and your conclusion are two unrelated things.
This is stupid and headcanonish, espacially for this case
How can a more effective method not be stronger, you have to prove it.
The previous prayers do like 100 to 2,000 damage
The Player's final prayer can do up to 30,000 damage or more
I don't see anything against the fraction being 5D
Wokistan and don't talk's points are not debunks but rather pure assumptions without evidence
I have yet to see a piece of evidence that the fraction (which gave him the power of earth which dark dragon uses) isn't 5D.
And saying "sharing the same power source =/= doing the same output power" isn't a refute like at all (only if you have supportive scans to your clam"
And no one addressed quirkboy and vileshadow's points about giygas durability you just keep saying "repeating points"
And if they're addressed quote the refutes to see.
This is just appeal to ignorance.

I personally don't think the upgrade should be dropped completely. I do believe that this thread has run its course and should be simply put to rest. We just need to give everyone a bit of time to settle down and collect their thoughts.
Because from my point of view, the argument still stands. It just wasn't making any progress because of how tense everyone became. It could possibly be brought up in part 2, but for now, I think it should be put out of focus.

Ok this is my last message (i missed some things cuz I'm very tired)
Dimensional_thingy.png
durability.png
15.PNG

so yeah, all of this (which is ignored by you) addressed the "refutes" you keeping telling us about, and instead of keep saying "muh muh these are refuted, repeated points" if they are really debunked why don't you just say the debunk as whole this should be easy for you am i wrong or quote the refutes by your side (which are refuted by us mind you but unfortunately appeal to ignorance,circular argument,hasty generalization and ad populum) and that's it have a good day
14.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back