• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Force to Soul Eater - Death and Asura

Greetings. Today I would like to discuss an element of Fire Force's scaling that has yet to be discussed in detail: Death's position of power in relation to the God Tiers and how that translates to Fire Force's sequel, Soul Eater. Note this CRT isn't meant to give any definite tier (as fire force is in the middle of a potential revision), rather it is to establish if Death scales to the God tiers or not, and by proxy Asura as well. Scaling for any other character from Soul Eater is to be kept separate from this crt.

Death's Scaling​

Chapters 296 -302 explores the meaning of "God" as a title in relation to power in FF. God is meant in a power perspective, and God as a title in Fire Force means you are the strongest as you stand above the collective unconscious. Shinra after performing the first ever soul resonance becomes Shinrabanshoman, and is noted by both Sho and Haumea (who had merged with the entire collective unconscious) to have the power of God, a being like none. Haumea directly correlates the title of God with the notion of strength. Death is then made to fill SBM's role as "god", to give the people a god in the flesh. Throughout the chapters featuring Death (301-302) give him the following descriptions:

1.Death is confident he is casually above everyone.
2. Shinrabanshoman created Death to be an absolute entity (i.e., the pinnacle)
3. Death took all the power from all the pillars (except 1), including Shinrabanshoman himself. In doing so, Death shows the ability to manipulate the souls of the world akin to SBM and Haumea merged with the Evangelist.
4. Death is God (level of God in FF is associated with Shinrabanshoman and Evangelist Haumea). Shinra also refers to Death as "my lord", which was the same thing Haumea refer to him as God, "lord".
5. Sho confirms Death is a "supreme god"
6. Shinra mentions how nothing in FF is absolute -> Death is then mentioned to be absolute.

Death is the God made by Shinra to lead mankind and to actually make the position something true, not a falsehood like the evangelist. As discussed above, God as a term in Fire Force means an entity on par with the collective unconsciousness in power. Death has narrative support to be SBM's level and similar showings affecting all mankind's soul like SBM and Haumea. After Death takes everyone's powers, people become stronger, which is exactly what exists in SE 800 years+ later.

This also extends into his time in Soul Eater. From the Soul Eater Databook:
image.png

Power as a “God”~
[Power of Shinigami]
"Shinigami Chop
"Death God Chop" that can give a big blow to the enemy without using Death Scythe. So much so that they cut up the body of Ashura with a shock wave emitted from the body of the Shinigami. In the battle against the demon god Asura, he possesses the highest level of ability in the world.
◆It has an incomparably large soul that can cover the entire city. With that gigantic soul, he protected the city and sealed off the demons.

Also translated as:
unknown.png

The Databook specifying his classification as God in relation to power, which then tracks back to that Ohkubo is consistent with his narrative intent for Death, even years later in Fire Force. Shinrabanshoman classifies Death to be absolute in a world where nothing else is, because Death is his replacement, meant to hold the same title and seat as "god". As such Death should scale equally to the level of power SBM holds. In chapter 80 of Soul Eater gives lore to the meaning of the title God/True God, they are supreme beings who rule the cosmos. Noah and the great old of power share this, with Noah intending to replace Death's role by acquiring Asura. this lines up extremely well with the narrative intentions detailed presented above.

Asura scaling​

Asura has two arguments in regard to how he scales to Fire Force.

1. After being revived by Medusa, he is shown being relative in battle with Death in chapter 22 of Soul Eater. Death notes he most likely cannot defeat Asura without Death Scythe, and Asura manages to cleave though some of Death's body at the end of the fight. It should be noted Asura in this fight is most likely stronger than in their original fight hundreds of years prior, as he has black blood coursing through him, which empowers the host (Maka, Crona as examples). The Databook also makes a note that Asura was strong enough to break through Death's defenses. As such, Modern Day Asura scales to FF God Tiers through Death.

2. Asura is thought to be the embodiment of despair that Shinra put to Sleep in chapter 301 of Fire Force. The theory goes that Adolla in fire force is the Kishin in Soul Eater, though at the moment this is speculation, as Asura is the fragment of Fear that Death cast off long ago, born as his first son. Point 1 is the main method of scaling and this point is only mentioned for completion's sake.

Narrative Support: Asura is meant to be Death's equal in the narrative, an entity that can destroy the world (also stated by Crona who had Asura's power) and end the position of Order Death embodies as SPM's replacement as "God".

Update: Read here for Asura scaling to Adolla

Summary​

Death scales equally to Shinrabanshoman as he was created to be his equal and replacement as God, which is noted to be a role of power. Death also shows the ability to manipulate the souls of mankind as SBM and Haumea did, adding further support to being their equal.

Asura after receiving Black Blood is shown to be on par with Death in power and is his narrative equal throughout the events of Soul Eater.

Once again, this CRT is not to give either of these immediate tier changes, rather it is meant to prove that these two characters scale to the god tiers of Fire Force in direct power.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In agreement:

King_Tempest, Pain_to12, Excel616, Arkensis, DemonGodMitchAubin, Dalesean027, Alexander, Epiccheev, Maitreya, Nierre, The_2nd_Existential_Seed (partial), Phantom_Falcon, Damage3245, ObberGobb, Arc7Kuroi, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, Maverick_Zero_X, Deceived3596

Neutral:

LordGinSama

Last edited:
Well since I'm here, is anyone working on sandboxes for SE? would like to see whats gathered

i agree with everything,but
there is a small problem, well not small,although I still think that death should not be stronger than shinrabanshoman, only stronger than the collective unconsciousness.
this is because shinrabanshoman>despair=death/god>collective unconcioness.
and also that shinrabanshoman does not show is maximum power(absolute maximum power)

Despair seems to be much weaker during fire force so he shouldnt scale to Death at all.
Actually, despair is weaker in soul eater, because by SBM changing the laws of the reality, it made death not something to fear, so it would not cause despair, which if it would cause would be madness (as seen in soul eater)

the scan you posted is what haumea says will occur if the cataclysm went as planned. Obv that didnt happen, given what SBM pulled. This is kind of a derail from the OP but nothing has changed. Death narratively scales to SBM

the scan you posted is what haumea says will occur if the cataclysm went as planned. Obv that didnt happen, given what SBM pulled. This is kind of a derail from the OP but nothing has changed. Death narratively scales to SBM
again, that's inconsistent, because then death (who is still so strong) can't beat asura, who in this case shinrabanshoman could beat.
this is like what sho says before figting haumea,that ''god''can allow inconsistencies.

He beat Asura in the past no diff, even skinned him alive. The reason he couldn't beat Asura in modern day is because:

1. Asura is further enhanced by Black Blood, which makes the user stronger as shown with Maka and Crona
2. Death tethered his soul to Death City, which limits his movements.

Also, Death should be stronger than what your first scan would imply. SBM changed how the cataclysm ended and made death more 'intumate" and lessesned the value of life.
ok,waiting for maitreya for his arguments

thats what I meant, sorry should have specified. They are about even in the fight itself, which is how modern day asura scales

From what I remember Death was holding Asura back for some time in the fight and just needed a death scythe to beat him so even with Black blood Asura was still relative to Death.

Tbh I'm not sure how Shinra stating that he made Death more intimate and a little closer. It could just be me but at least the way that I'm seeing it, I'm not seeing how that statement equates Death being equal to himself.

I also really wouldn't use Death collecting Shinra's soul as evidence of him scaling. It's extremely obvious that Shinra was willing letting Death absorb his soul.

I also have very seriously doubts of Death scaling directly to SBM as that would insinuate that Kishin Asura is stronger than SBM, which is suspect as ****.

Neutral on the rest.

Kishin asura in modern day is amped by black blood. Kepp in mind he was born as a fragment of Death, and got bodied by Death hundreds of years of back, so I dont see how it would be suspect.

Death getting shinra's soul is moreso to show he has the same functions as SBM and Evangelist amped Haumea, they are the only kind of beings who can manipulate the souls of all mankind.

Death would be equal because of the meaning of what Shinra made Death to be, his replacement and the Absolute God. The title of God is something Haumea confirms neither she or even the evangelist qualifies for, and only SBM and Death attain this title.

Didn't Haumea absorb the two other pillars soul and got stronger or am i misremembering ? It should be the same for Death doing it to Shinra

Kishin asura in modern day is amped by black blood. Kepp in mind he was born as a fragment of Death, and got bodied by Death hundreds of years of back, so I dont see how it would be suspect.
So your trying to tell me that Black-Blood can increase one's AP from like 6-C at best to 2-C? Meaning a gap of at least two infinities? Yeah I'm not buying that part.

The scaling might be legitimate but I'll be bent over a barrel and shown the 50 states if this isn't the outlier of the century. Like the scaling for Soul Eater is already inconsistent as it is with the feats presented.

Back