• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Force and Asura’s relation to Adolla

I was reading over the soul eater and fire force connection blog but one of the reasons listed for Asura being the second coming of the Evagenlist is the following.

Shinra may have eliminated "despair," however "madness" and "fear" still remain in the hearts of man and thus the Kishin will always remain so long as life exists It's even confirmed in Soul Eater that the irresponsible act of cutting away fear (or eliminating Despair as was the case for Shinra) was the genesis of the world brimming with madness. Thus, making way for the Kishin to revive itself. The Kishin being "fear" itself is incredibly coinciding with Adolla who derives its power of despair through humanity's fear of death.
This quote alongside this quote in the first thread explaining the connection to Fire Force Death and Asura have.
Shinra may have eliminated “despair,” however “madness” and “fear” still remain in the hearts of man and thus the Kishin will always remain so long as life exists. It’s even confirmed in Soul Eater that the irresponsible act of cutting away fear (or eliminating Despair as was the case for Shinra) was the genesis of the world brimming with madness. Thus making way for the Kishin to revive itself. Note: while Asura says “Shinigami” I believe the person he’s referring to here is Shinra as he was the one who both “cut away fear” (eliminated Adolla’s despair) and “brimmed the world full of madness.” (Creates the world full of madness in the first place. It seems this was retroactively retconned thanks to Fire Force to me.)
Lead me to believe that that the wiki interprets the statement as being retconned and that instead of death being the one who cut loose Asura, it was Shinra when he sealed despair.

While I definitely see where this belief could come from, I feel like it only seems like a retcon if you’re looking for a direct connection [IE Asura being the madness that Shinra sensed in the world] but I would like to point out that Asura being Death’s son isn’t a one off statement, and if you were too include Fire Force the statement still wouldn’t be retconned and if anything would only be supported

1. In Soul Eater chapter 108, Death and Excalibur talk about how Death cut out all of his fear and gave it to a fragment [Asura]
IMG_2066.png

2. In the same chapter, Asura explains how him and Kid are in fact siblings, who were born the same way, being made from pieces of deaths soul, with Death’s reason behind their creation being so he could become a perfect being with no flaws.

3. The last chapter of Fire Force shows how Death creates his kids, he as stated before, separates a piece of his soul, and just kind’ve poofs them into reality.

IMG_5014.png

With all of these things considered, the assumption that Shinra was the one who made Asura when he sealed away despair is incorrect, and I propose that this reasoning for Asura being some form of the evangelist reborn be removed because it isn’t true.

Rewording is all that is needed, remove the mentions about Asura and go deeper about a Kishin, which is the awakening of the already known Adolla.

This doesn't address Asura being the despair still. All you proved was Asura is Deaths fear and kid.
That wasn’t the point of the thread, I made it to have the quotes shown above revised because they aren’t true

I’ll explain it like this:

Asura=Haumea

Kishin=Adolla

What the Kishin is, is the embodiment of madness which is brought forth by mankind’s fear of death. It’s the very concept of that madness in the same way Adolla is the very concept of despair. They’re abstract in nature, but they fundamentally exist as part of the verse and appear throughout the series as the characters are becoming overcome with madness.

Example being something like this:

See that big ball of darkness overcoming Crona because of his grief? And the three eyes staring at him. Yeah, that’s the Kishin. The abstract fear and madness that exist in people’s hearts. Just like Adolla is the abstract idea of despair within humanity.

FMStHJUacAAPkil

They even look like the exact same thing as each other. Three eyes and all. That’s no coincidence.

What Asura is, is the same thing Haumea was in that they’re the “host” or the “saint” that the Evangelist/Kishin fuses itself with. Hence why when Crona fuses with Asura at the very end, he gets the exact same third eye Asura had which is the exact same third eye Haumea unlocked when she fused with the Evangelist.

It connects right back to each others

Back