• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Force to Soul Eater Part 2 - Merge and End of Series Maka and Co

Here we go!

Greetings. This is part 2 of the project to combine Fire Force and Soul Eater into one verse page. Not only is fire force a prequel to soul eater, but mechanics and scaling carry over between the two, so page combination is integral. Once a merge is approved a Sandbox will be shared.

Both pages will be merged, and we have pages for Dragon, Adolla, and Justin coming soon.

Now on to the big one:

Continuing off the prior CRT, this one serves to address characters that scale to Asura. This includes Maka Albarn, Death the Kid, Black Star, and potentially Crona. Listed below will be my suggestions on how to handle each character. In addition, all 4 will receive more Keys to their profiles in accordance with what is decided. As with the last CRT, this thread is not to immediately change their tiering on their page, but rather to come to a conclusion on scaling. This will apply to the end of series Keys only.

Before starting, it's worth noting both Death the Kid and Black Star undergo power increases in the Salvage arc, upon acquiring madness from the great one of power. In chapter 83, Soul is exposed to Crona's Mad Blood, which is noted to have amplified him. Soul gains control of his madness, and Stein also notes Maka's abilities have improved overtime, to the point her perception abilities have a global range.

Since exactly what states these 4 characters scaling to Asura is contentious, I will provide two options.

Here is a Sandbox of what profiles would look like with option 1.

Sandbox for option 2

Option 1​

Maka in base takes severe damage from just a single hit from a causal Asura, who considers her not worth his time. The little Demon says fighting without Black Blood will result in her death and Spirit notes it's a fight out of his league.

After being amplified by Resonance, Maka is shown to be able to react and combat Asura while he is still casual, and is shown fighting alongside Black Star nearly equally, though she tires out faster than he does. After this, Asura is shown to get enraged when Death the Kid becomes a full Shinigami and fights more seriously. He still considers Maka not worth his time and easily blocks her attacks. He overpowers her with gravity attacks, though she is barely able to react to his skin greave attacks. When he finally gets near her, he one-shots her by driving his arm straight through her chest. She only survives via the healing properties of Black Blood.

Soul then unleashes the power of their Black Blood to its limit, perfecting Maka's black dress form in process. Black Dress Maka is shown to have durability surpassing Death, as a blood lusted Asura's Vajra piercing attack only makes a small hole in her shoulder. The same attack cleaved off a good portion of Death's body and broke his barrier, with the Databook noting this as the basic level of power for Vajra. Maka also shows superior durability over full power Death the Kid, as Maka remains conscious even when Asura concentrates his gravity attack on her shoulder wound, said gravity attack making Kid nearly pass out. Later on, Black Dress Maka grievously wounds Asura using her strongest attack, the Kishin Hunt, doing so twice.

Maka should only scale to Death and Asura in her Black Star Dress form, as otherwise she only scales to a casual Asura.

Maka's states for her EOS key will be Base, Resonance, and Black Dress.

Death the Kid's scaling is far simpler, as he does nothing of note to Asura until he becomes a full Shinigami. Upon doing so, Asura notes he is slightly weaker than Black Star, and that if Kid had used the Madness of Order, the fight would be closer. As such, Full Shinigami Kid scales/downscales.

Death the Kid's states for his EOS Key will be Base, Madness of Power/Sanzu Lines, Full Power

Black Star has the most consistent scaling to Asura. When using his Madness of Power, Star is able to repeatedly harm Asura, and even survives swallowing a nuclear blast from Vajra and spitting it out. Asura notes that Star reminds him of the strength of the Great one of Power (who was relative to pre-Kishin Asura), and praises Star as being a human who has become a warrior god. Asura does eventually break Star's arm, though this was a sacrificial act to save Maka and Asura notes Star could have fought longer if he wasn't shielding others. Despite the broken arm, Star was shown to be able to continue to fight the Kishin.

Black Star with the Madness of Power scales to Asura very cleanly. It is also stated by the Author that Black Star will eventually surpass Asura in the future.

Black Star's states for his EOS key will be Base and Madness of Power.

Crona after absorbing Asura states they have his power, though Crona’s feats are shown to be weaker than even a casual Asura (Base Maka defeats Crona with Spirit, yet Spirit claims he cannot harm Asura in Maka's hands). Asura is also shown casually retaking control over Crona.

Maka, Star, and Kid all fight Crona, who had consumed Asura. It should be noted that Crona does not display the full power of Asura, and while it is noted Crona overpowers Black Star physically, Black Star later confirms he held back to save energy to fight Asura. Maka using Spirit can harm Crona, yet can do no damage to Asura, requiring her stronger bond with Soul to have a chance.

However, at the end of the fight, Crona uses Brew to evolve into a Kishin, and is shown to be able to control Asura's blood against his will to seal him. Crona also shows to have global range with Madness akin to Asura in this state. Kishin Crona should scale to the same tier as Asura as such.

Crona's states for the EOS key will be Asura-Merged and Kishin.

Edit: to add to option 1, Maka mortally wounds Asura with an enhanced Kishin Hunt, done via Soul Resonance between herself, Death the Kid, and Black Star, alongside Soul, Tsubaki, Liz and Patty.

Option 2​

Option 2 is far simpler. Base Maka, Black Star, and Kid block a Vajra blast from Asura at the beginning of the fight, and while hits do cause base Maka and Kid damage, they can still keep fighting.

Votes:

Option 1: @Kachon123 @Maverick_Zero_X @LordGinSama @Maitreya @Lynieryz @Excel616 @Spinoirr @Planck69 @DarkDragonMedeus @CloverDragon03 @TauanVictor @Epiccheev
Problemexe, ObberGobb ,Phantom_Falcon

Last edited:
I definitely prefer Option 1.

Also I'd highly suggest getting rid of the "could still keep fighting despite being damaged." as I said before that's primarily an endurance thing. If you get stabbed and shot and continue fighting then that doesn't mean your durability is anywhere comparable to the KE of the bullet. So I'd probably reword it to something more appointment like "Wasn't rendered unconscious after Varja shot off inside his mouth."

Like I wouldn't word Whitebeard's durability as "Tanked an attack that melted half his head." for obvious reasons.

Also I'd highly suggest getting rid of the "could still keep fighting despite being damaged." as I said before that's primarily an endurance thing. If you get stabbed and shot and continue fighting then that doesn't mean your durability is anywhere comparable to the KE of the bullet. So I'd probably reword it to something more appointment like "Wasn't rendered unconscious after Varja shot off inside his mouth."

Like I wouldn't word Whitebeard's durability as "Tanked an attack that melted half his head." for obvious reasons.
ill fix it in just a bit. im also adding your 1/7th proposal to the op

i changed the vajra thing in both sandboxes.

I'm fine with options 1 and 2. If Crona indeed did have the power of Asura when they fought Maka and Black Star, then I am leaning towards option 2.

not super relevant but i can just say higher with hunts in her base key. Soul res will be p&a thing if i recall from nierre

583916.jpg

ruby rose vs maka be like

Back