• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altina's reveal is hype.

We may get ANRI of all people to join the club!

XitSign said:
I completely approve of this idea, yes, Gatekeeper NEEDS this. But aren't you lowballing the sheer power and might of the Gatekeeper?
My B, they should actually be at least Low 2-C scaling from sothis. They didn't know that Sothis was weakened, and yet when they saw Byleth, they only considered it "something to report."

Good work, a much more reasonable rating for the Gatekeeper. Though we might still be downplaying him, considering how casual this is.

A shame, here's hoping the DLC can provide better feats and information so we can properly upgrade him like he deserves.

Quick question. How do we take FEH into account when it comes to scaling? I figured since they added Altina, it might help determine some feats for her.

We currently don't use that many feats to scale to most characters' physical stats. However, there are some note worthy characters with their lore statements.

Yeah, I have made like 4 Sandboxes; and I know Weekly has made like more than 10. So yeah, you can make multiple sandboxes.

what happened to the image quality lol.

Anyways, I think we should change the High 7-C rating for pre-timeskip Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, and pretty much anyone with a crest. Even with two crests, I don't think she would be as strong as a hero's relic. But I think that everyone should at least be comparable to demonic beasts, who get their power from crest stones. I think crest stones should be half the AP of heroes relics, since they are just part of the weapon. The weapon itself would also have the same rating as the crest stone. This would be a 7-C rating. So i guess it should be something like this.

Edelgard: Attack Potency: Town Level, likely higher (Was able to take out a demonic beast by herself.)

Dimitri: Attack Potency: Town Level, likely higher (Should be comparable to pre-timeskip Edelgard.)

Claude: Attack Potency: Town Level (While not as strong as the other lords, he should at least be comparable to them.)

And if we create a demonic beast profile: Attack Potency: Town Level (Should have at least half the power of a hero's relic, due to being powered by a crest stone.)

I think Fandom's eating my post, so reposing this.

That draft for Rhea's profile is looking good, and also; half the power of a Hero's Relic would still be High 7-C without the "+" sign. 325 Kilotons is still High 7-C. It would be 1/4th the AP of the Sword of the Creator's calculation.

And also agree with Demon that the downgrades seem unnecessary regardless due to the Crest Stones.

Sure, the crest stones may power the heroes relics, but we have to remember the heros relics are the actual weapons. Just because the crest stones power the relics, doesn't necessarily mean the relics themselves have no power.

If this is rejected, then I suggest we at least make a minor edit to the reasoning behind the tiers like I have suggested.

Speaking of Rhea...

Can we talk about how the Western Church at the end of the day are a bunch of clowns?

Imagine these Western Church members coming in and calling you an Apostate and saying that you are basically defaming the Goddess, i.e your mother who you know more than anyone.

Bishop: A P O S T A T E

Rhea: No u.

This is the most accurate "No u" lol

Or let's talk about Seteth.

Western Church: We are taking Saint Cichol's grave!

Seteth:

Miles Edgeworth Circus

tbf, the religion is kind of BS. I mean gatekeeper's sake, they don't even praise gatekeeper (whois2Cinbasebecauseheonlysawsothis'poweras"somethingtoreport"ratherthanbeingimpressedbyitdespitethefactsothiscreatedmultipleworldsandexistedbeforetimebegansotheyhaveatleastinfinitespeed.)

I added better images to Rhea's page, as well as cleaning it up a bit and adding abilities from her true form which is only seen in Silver Snow.

I had a question about the students.

The one's with a crest pre-time skip are High 7-C and those who doesn't have 7-C. But in regards to post-time students.

How is different is the gap between students with crests, those who doesn't and students with major and minor crests? Are all similar enough to be Low 7-B? Do some units can get an argument about being a 7-A as glass cannon such as Lysithea or just straight 7-A due being comparable to post-time lords and other characters like Jeritza or Seteth such as Hubert?

I heard something about Lysithea being possibly 7-A due to her dual crests, and I also heard something about the right hand people like Hubert and Dedue being stronger than the average students and almost as strong as their lords as well. Though, don't have the full details at the top of my mind.

As for the High 7-C stuff, I know I heard something about Hero's Relics, but crests also have an influence for sure.

Crestless pre timeskip students that haven't shown very strong feats are likely less than 7-C tbh, I mean Caspar couldn't even land a blow on a knight, and most knights can't take on demonic beasts alone.

Caspar couldn't land a blow on a knight is kinds inconsistent considering he consistently fights knights and bandits on a daily basis. That one support shouldn't really be considered here. That whole support was merely there to joke about Caspar's height. Not to mention on of the first things you do is fight knights to train. Caspar had to have fought and defeated knights to get strongers just like the others. Also 7-C doesn't come from Demonic Beasts anyway.

7-C comes from the universally accepted Meteor calculation. In which all Fire Emblem fodder characters where the meteor spell/tome exists scale from.

So give me a yay or nay here.

For characters like Rhea or most students, would it be fine to temporarily use their Cipher artworks for their main artworks until they get full portraits?

I'd say Cipher artwork might be fine if the goal is to see the full body and cropped background.

I mean, so long it's official art that's of good quality and loyal to what the character is meant to look like (Seriously, cases where this is broken has happened), there's really no problem.

Unless I missed something in GD, Sothis does not really care about Rhea or the rest of her children even after Byleth is told the truth of what happened in the past.

That doesn't really sound like Sothis, I do know in Edelgard's route, she literally feels disgusted that Rhea's willing to go through disastrous methods to revive her. She did seem relaxed telling Byleth that it seemed Jeralt's death was fate, but she too felt sorry for Byleth at the same time.

I feel like Sothis decides that whatever Byleth decides is best, Sothis isn't an actual god and likely hates how she has been put as some ultimate figure, she obviously disagrees with how Rhea and Edelgard does things, so she's decided that Byleth's decision is best, because it's his life and she feels guilty that it's because of her that their life has been messed up, so she likely believes that she's ok with whatever they do

Her not wanting to be seen as a God makes sense in lore to be quite honest seeing as she herself lowered herself to live among humans meaning she likely wants to be seen as equal. Honestly, as the others said, she likely sympathizes, but doesn't agree with everything Rhea or Edelgard (kinda like the fanbase) does and just rolls with whatever Byleth chooses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back