• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

Okay,it's a good thing and technically this shiva can be 2-A since she was the one that the Wol have fight seriously (the shiva 5.2 its the prietress of light combined with a overpower shiva created by the memory of the Wol)

Dunno, if Ifrit doesn't show feats of such caliber in the remake I am personally against it. You would be just using Ifrit to w@ak these characters who almost dies falling from the second floor.

OG VII didn't have time traveler Sephiroth and the party slaying freaking fate. I prefer it if we treat Remake as its own thing.

ZERO7772 said:
Dunno, if Ifrit doesn't show feats of such caliber in the remake I am personally against it. You would be just using Ifrit to w@ak these characters who almost dies falling from the second floor.
OG VII didn't have time traveler Sephiroth and the party slaying freaking fate. I prefer it if we treat Remake as its own thing.
I mean i agree that ifrit shouldn't be universally High 6-A but you'd have to downgrade every High 6-A in final fantasy

The remake explicitly references the original several times anyway, it's an alternate timeline but it's part of the same verse

What do you all think of the theory which claims the 3 whisper bosses represents the Remnants from AC? It's hardly concrete but still, it's a fun idea.

They're from a future timeline

Rubrim, the red one uses a short sword and literally has the moves that Kadaj uses.
Likewise the Viridi, the green single-fist one has a 'gut punch' attack that explodes after contact, and primarily uses lightnin based attacks like Loz.
Crocreo, the yellow dual-guns one has an attack where they backflip and fire their pistols, like Yazoo.
Their battle theme is called 'Advent', and they turn into / summon Bahamut.

I mean i agree that ifrit shouldn't be universally High 6-A but you'd have to downgrade every High 6-A in final fantasy

The remake explicitly references the original several times anyway, it's an alternate timeline but it's part of the same verse

That the problem. Cross scaling is the worst and cheapest way of scaling character.

I mean, by that logic Remake Sephiroth will automatically be 4-B and so does everyone and their mother in the remake then ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬».

Not to mention, the scaling would be a mess. If this is post AC Sephiroth then anyone below AC Cloud and Choas Vincent would die from one slap. Tifa couldn't even scratch Loz, and she's the strongest party member besides the top tiers.

@Ab9987 There are too many similarities indeed. At first I didn't take the idea seriouly, but almost everything they does can be relate back to the thre remnants so yeah.

Another issue with Remake Sephiroth is we still have no clue what he really is for sure. Whether he is the same from the original timeline that travelled through time, this time Sephiroth that saw the future or a different entity altogether. And we genuinely don't know how strong this one in particular is, for all we know he could be beyond tier 4 and was holding back or could be below or something.

@Zero: By this point I kinda just roll with the inconsistencies. I mean, Cloud could use his Mario jumping skills in the first Mission yet he needed Red to cross the gaps in Hojo's lab. The whole climbing to the headquarters requires the Grappling Guns, yet Cloud and Tifa shortly after shows they can run up buildings as well.

@Ab: Yeah, I had heard that theory as well. I personally liked it and they do show the resemblance. Though it would be weird why would the Remnants try to stop the heroes from killing the Retcon Revenants as that's precisely why Sephy wants. Though given we've entered the fanfic hazard zone I am all in for a plot of Kadaj and co rebelling against their master

ZERO7772 said:
That the problem. Cross scaling is the worst and cheapest way of scaling character.
I mean, by that logic Remake Sephiroth will automatically be 4-B and so does everyone and their mother in the remake then ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬».

Not to mention, the scaling would be a mess. If this is post AC Sephiroth then anyone below AC Cloud and Choas Vincent would die from one slap. Tifa couldn't even scratch Loz, and she's the strongest party member besides the top tiers.

Everyone in the original is already 4-B. And no, Sephiroth isn't Post-AC, this is alternate timeline Sephiroth. Like, it's really not that hard to understand.

Turks age according to the new data book:

Reno:28 Rude:30 Tseng:30 "Wow so young"

Refus is also 30

Reve is 35

I am surprised we didn't follow Japanese media ages and they are not 15, 18 and 19 respectively =P

Surprised Reno is actually so old, dude looks in his early 20s and acts like a teenager. Makes sense given the amount of time you've seen him as a Turk though. Did Tseng skip puberty altogether?

There's already a FFVII Remake Ultimania?!

TRANSLATEDATSH**ANDBRING ITOVERSQUEENIX!

Interesting details. So Cloud is actively trying to act cool in front of Aerith but he's more direct with Tifa. Where did I see this plot before?

Ewqsqsq32

Bobsican wrote:
Don't worry, fan translations do the work for us already at least.

The people at thelifestream.net usually do a phenomenal job translating side materials. Issue is that the sheer volume of it means that a lot of the stuff is left untranslated. Perhaps now they have a bigger team for it, but otherwise an official translation would give us the full book for certain.

@Zero: It's kinda weird to have the entire cast (save Marlene) be over 19 in a Japanese game. Though I mean because no matter how far back flashbacks show Tseng, the biggest change is the presence of a ponytail >_>

Nomura's words make a lot of sense, Tifa is the long time friend to which he really doesn't need to hide things or put up a front, as she is pretty much open arms all the time; as awesome as Jessie is she is also pretty pushy, so it's kinda expected that Cloud doesn't dislike her but can get weirded out or mad at her for her bluntness; Aerith puts the sweet and happy face that kinda calls for Cloud's I R ZO KUL side, but she can easily pick apart his bulls*it so that plays out as well.

Well Cloud is mentally 16 to balance things out.

EWvID2bXkAAuH87

They also called Aerith the most important character in FFviiR, which I guess goes in line with how important she was during the endgame.

42cx-WsAMpZbC

If the devs acknowledge that Cloud is mentally 16 it makes sense that Tifa comes across more like his mother/big sister in most emotinal scenes lol.

For the page of Nael van darnus, the one who make it can make a new key since she re appear in 5.2 in the ruby weapon boss (she literally comes out of his body for the part 2 of the fight)

Back