• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

Jesus the amount of old fans that are mad is ridiculous and a lot of them are coming up with bs stuff like purposely cutting content and other inaccurate stuff.

people bashed wind waker it turned out great,same thing for skyward sword and BOTW they where considered top tier games, God of war 4 gets intirely reimagined people bashed it and its combat...it turned out great,at the start people said when witcher 3 was coming out that it was overhyped bs but now? it considered the holy grail of gaming (which is annoying at times),Jedi fallen order people where hating on it even before we had any kind of info on it guess what??? its considered a top tier game in the star wars comunity.

why do gamers keeps doing that kind of shit?its annoying now they are trying to demonize square theres a reason square has been trying to prevent spoilers, sorry for the rant

Also I guess we will have to make hummm alternate profiles for the cast.

AshenCrow777 said:
Jesus the amount of old fans that are mad is ridiculous and a lot of them are coming up with bs stuff like purposely cutting content and other inaccurate stuff.

people bashed wind waker it turned out great,same thing for skyward sword and BOTW they where considered top tier games, God of war 4 gets intirely reimagined people bashed it and its combat...it turned out great,at the start people said when witcher 3 was coming out that it was overhyped bs but now? it considered the holy grail of gaming (which is annoying at times),Jedi fallen order people where hating on it even before we had any kind of info on it guess what??? its considered a top tier game in the star wars comunity.

why do gamers keeps doing that kind of shit?its annoying now they are trying to demonize square theres a reason square has been trying to prevent spoilers, sorry for the rant

Also I guess we will have to make hummm alternate profiles for the cast.
I think you kind of answered your own question. Boomers in gaming will always s**t on what ever is new and praise the old school. Especially if a game series that was once known for a certain style of gameplay, is drastically changed.

AshenCrow777 said:
Old fans will complain no matter what. They are not against the ideas they are against the concept of change itself, some of them were bitching why the game isn't turn-based anymore. You can play the game like it's a fast base combat game and you can even set short-cut buttons so you don't pause the game every time.

As for the story, I want to discuss it in details but I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow, but I am personally fine with the changes that are being made. A 1;1 remake was going to be boring anyway.

And yes, we need to make separate profiles for the remake cast at this point.

No shit tho, the new setting has way more potential than the OG one.

We could be looking potentially at tier 2 Cloud and Sephiroth by the end of this.

If the cast is defying fate in order for those to step in Im sensing possible saveAerith shenanigans.

The whisper's are obviously Tier 2 that for sure.tgecthings that they can do just oof.

Also mam thank God Cloud has so much personality way more than the first one he can act smug at times,likes teasing, gets embarrassed, frustrated and he actually likes showing off plus he isn't oblivious about females being attracted to him.

we also actually see him properly suffer through ptsd, not gonna say anything more... but all the characters feels more human and they don't act like your generic FF protags from the late 90's

AshenCrow777 said:
The whisper's are obviously Tier 2 that for sure.tgecthings that they can do just oof.

Also mam thank God Cloud has so much personality way more than the first one he can act smug at times,likes teasing, gets embarrassed, frustrated and he actually likes showing off plus he isn't oblivious about females being attracted to him.
He still doesn't give shit lol.

Since the game is officially out now, I want to ask everyone, big spoilers ahead:

What is your honest thought about Zack being alive in the Remake? Ó▓á_Ó▓á

What if Zack is in Cloud's mind only.

I'd love that lol

In AC Zack is dead. So either the remake is in another timeline or Zack dies agai.

We don't know yet how Sephiroth knows the future tbh. Either he's Sephiroth from the original timeline and traveled back in time "somehow" or he was informed by Seph from another timeline about the failure of his plan.

Funny thing is, we have 3 timelines now:

1-OG game timeline.

2-Remake timeline.

3-Zack survive timeline.

It's most likely a sephiroth from an other time line that was informed of what happened in OG time line, since Could and the others step into a singularity that brings in an alternative Final fantasy 7 world.

It's basically OG cast being transported into an other world that is like their own but slightly different.

But yeah got 3 time lines a lot of the fans aren't going to be happy since OG time line is basically a bad ending since they were always pawns

But at this point whisper's are literal plot devices created by the director to change thing why not just advertise your game differently and say it's an alternative universe?

Chapter 18 is basically Sephiroth playing 4-D chess game and encouraging the cast to take out the watcher of fate which in turn will set Sephiroth from his fate as well.

The remake was already an alternative timeline because of Biggs and Wedge surviving which didn't happen in the OG of course. It goes completely off the rails by chapter 18 tho.

I am still wondering how Zack being alive in another timeline would play into the remake main timeline.

AshenCrow777 said:
But at this point whisper's are literal plot devices created by the director to change thing why not just advertise your game differently and say it's an alternative universe?
False advertising.

I guess they didn't want to face the backlash from the fans right off the bat.

False advertising.

I guess they didn't want to face the backlash from the fans right off the bat.

Hmmm I see I found an interview where the director literally says he is expecting some of the more die hard fans to dislike FF7 remake (I don't blame him) it's just final fantasy 7bis such a cult classic that anyone who remotely likes the new one will get witch hunted.

I already seen it start... It's not pretty, but I'm actually happy they are going a different route playing the game step by step would have fun sure but there's sooooo many remakes that at the end its just dull.

@AshenCrow777 You can see that in the blind hate for the completion regardless of the quality of said pieces. Regardless, the game is actually pretty faithful to the OG, they even add set parts like when you loot into private rooms through door locks.

BTW, since we will make alternative profiles for the cast I suggest we remove thos remake renders from the current profiles so we can use them in the actual profiles later on.

We can use Dissidia renders for the old ones if you guyes wish~

ZERO7772 said:
@AshenCrow777 You can see that in the blind hate for the completion regardless of the quality of said pieces. Regardless, the game is actually pretty faithful to the OG, they even add set parts like when you loot into private rooms through door locks.
BTW, since we will make alternative profiles for the cast I suggest we remove thos remake renders from the current profiles so we can use them in the actual profiles later on.

We can use Dissidia renders for the old ones if you guyes wish~
oh i completly agree with you i just hate it when i go online and i see idotic post staing that ff7remake is nothing like the og 7... despite everything in the game proving them wrong aside from the new story line, that happens at the end of the game and the whispers poping up from time to time this was a super faithfull and well devloped remake.

but nooo casual gamers need to hate on gaming companies cause its cool and purist cant let go of the past and rather die than admit remake is pretty great ugh.

and yeah since alternative profile is the way to go, we need to remove render remakes on the old ones and go with your suggestion of using dissidia as a replacement.

Cloud is 21 during the events of FFVII, not 24.

Also, I think we can aim for a bit higher rating than 8-C using the last few fights but we will see.

ZERO7772 said:
Cloud is 21 during the events of FFVII, not 24.
Also, I think we can aim for a bit higher rating than 8-C using the last few fights but we will see.
you think they might get low 2-C for deafeating the whispers? whispers have on screen feat of being able to manipulate an entire timeline and possibly created a 3rd one where Zack is alive and back up by statements when you assess them.

also for their speed they are shown to able to dodge lasers.

Hell if I know. The whispers of Fate were physically interfering with the flow of events to prevent changes from happening, although they do ridiculous stuff like bringing back Barret from the dead.

They do exist throughout realities and timelines but their effect only extends to the planet flow and not the entire universe. Despite the party defeating the whisper harbinger, they still got schooled easily by a watered-down version of Seph who should logically be weaker than the whisper harbinger.

The remake profiles thread is gonna a shit show thx to the final chapter, I can feel it already.

yeah i can feel a headache coming on just thinking about it and not to mention there's still the edge of creation thing (unless they reveal the planets fate is connected to the edge of creation than oof).

you think we can calc meteor feat? seems Sephy wanted to recreat the event that "wiped" the Citra race midgard would have been gone thats for sure just dont know how big the blast would have been since this is another version of sephy.

The whole sequence felt like one big illusion if you ask me lol.

Anyway, Cloud and the party doesn't scale to Sephiroth in the least. Especially when Cloud is shown to be the strongest one of the group by a long shot and he was still having troubles against a 3rd class SOLDIERS and some Turks.

Aridwolverine for your page of the Wol ff14, you need to add fate manipulation and time stop(it's what do celestial opposition in the lore) in the astrologian categorie since it's in the class lore no?

ZERO7772 said:
The whole sequence felt like one big illusion if you ask me lol.
Anyway, Cloud and the party doesn't scale to Sephiroth in the least. Especially when Cloud is shown to be the strongest one of the group by a long shot and he was still having troubles against a 3rd class SOLDIERS and some Turks.
Sephiroth wasn't taking them seriously, and he really wasn't trying to kill Cloud as it goes against his plans. Anyways, I doubt it's an illusion as there are no indications that the Sephiroth they fought is actually a watered down Jenova much like the original game. Furthermore, Sephiroth was able to show the party the ending of the original game which goes to show that he's gained weird time-based powers.

They freaking rekt Midgar in the final boss fight but it's shown perfectly fine afterwords "except for sector 7 of course"

Sephiroth evens summon a freaking meteor mid-fight but no one makes a mention of it afterward. And yeah, Sephiroth was just dicking around, Cloud doesn't scale to him in either case.

The final fight takes place inside a singularity created by the whispers hence why the outside world is not affected "unless it's an illusion again" Sephiroth does absorb all the whispers tho so maybe he can get pocket hax via that.

Honestly, I am more willing to give Sephiroth concept manipulation since dude can apparently cut through fate and destiny lol.

Man, thread is so dead.

Did none of you guys finish the game? You don't want to make profiles for the remake characters?

Back