• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's finish haxing out the FFVIII verse for more future match ups. I already have two others in mind. One a sort of rematch thread but now in different keys the other is between his future and past self (Aka someone who looks like an older version of him). Also have a planned match for his girlfriend

See what I mean that being on the high end of a lower tier could work nicely compared to be at the bottom of a higher one one?

Glad my blog could be of a slight help. Honestly I just thought of it as footnote lost in the wiki >_>

All hail the SeeD of Legend!

Yeahhh the downgrades are gonna do wonders for him. 3-C is kind of a shitty tier to be in as well considering how broken digimon are.

Digimon's are insane. Most of the time I come across a broken or bizarre power Digimons have it. And when I ask DragonmasterXYZ how do the characters in the story make it work, he explains that it's just a natural part of Digimons in general.

Still happy mah good man Gallantmon is such a formidable force in the verse, though.

BTW, in the good news. Look what I found:

On Final Fantasy Explorers:

Shiva's profile Link

Japanese text:

ÕåÀµ░ùÒéÆÒüñÒüïÒüòÒü®ÒéïÕżÕûÜþìúÒÇéÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║ÒüºÒü»FFÔàóÒüîÕêØþÖ╗Õá┤Òü¿Òü¬ÒéïÒéÀÒâ┤ÒéíÒÇéþÁÂÕ»¥ÚøÂÕ║ªÒü«ÕåÀµ░ùÒü½ÒéêÒéèÒÇüÒé¿Òé»Òé╣ÒâùÒâ¡Òâ╝Òâ®Òâ╝ÒüƒÒüíÒéÆÞïªÒüùÒéüÒéïÒÇéÒéÀÒâ┤Òéíµ£ÇÕñºÒü«þë╣Õ¥┤Òü»ÒÇüÕ©©Òü½ÕåÀµ░ùÒü«Òé¬Òâ╝Òâ®ÒéÆÒü¥Òü¿ÒüäÒÇüÞ┐æÒüÑÒüÅÒüáÒüæÒüºþø©µëïÒéÆÒÇîÕçìþÁÉÒÇìþèµàïÒü½ÒüÖÒéï

Reiki o tsukasadoru shōkankemono. Shir─½zude wa FF Ôàó ga hatsu tōjō to naru shivu~a. Zettaireido no reiki ni yori, ekusupurōr─ü-tachi o kurushimeru. Shivu~a saidai no tokuchō wa, tsuneni reiki no ōra o matoi, chikadzuku dake de aite o `tōketsu' jōtai ni suru.

Rough english translation:

Summoned beast that controls cold. Shiva is the first appearance of FF III in the series. The chills of absolute zero cause the Explorers to suffer. Shiva's biggest feature is always wearing a cold aura, and just approaching it will freeze it

Still have to work on the other arguments on how this may affect the verse in general. But we have a convincing feat and a statement now. Will fix up the blog and let you know

So there's quite the variety of Shiva renders and images to use, which of these looks the best for a page or should they just be listed as game keys?

FFXIV Shiva
Shiva (FFXI)
Shiva-FFX
FFIX Shiva
Shiva Concept

Why not just put all of those under a Gallery? Either that, or make a tabber for the profile pic dictating which game each came from.

I personally like XIV's one. Though perhaps we shouls use the newest incarnation of Shiva as the current image (XV or NT in this case)

I don't remeber quite clearly, but I think it was considered that summons would just be composites instead of being treated separatedly. Though that could simply mean for different pages and different keys are acceptable, because otherwise it would be hard to reconcile the different displays of power and scalings.

But I think it was considered that summons would just be composites instead of being treated separatedly. Though that could simply mean for different pages and different keys are acceptable, because otherwise it would be hard to reconcile the different displays of power and scalings.

Strange, should Bahamut's pages be combined then? I see no reason for a "Bahamut (Final Fantasy)" and "Bahamut (Final Fantasy IX)" existing at the same time.

@Sixo:

I know, but DragonmasterXYZ and a few others did mention that Bahamut having more than one page was an issue that had to be corrected, and that many FF pages needed some cleanup. Though I he didn't mention the exact details in that particular topic.

Not every Bahamut is the same Bahamut yes, but him having multiple keys sounded simpler than him having multiple profiles.

Yeah, you're right. Aside differences in lore, even if the skillset is mostly the same around appearances, his tier is vastly different between games.

All right, the CRT is done and the revision was accepted. Shiva gets Absolute Zero and thus everyone who can channel her power in one way or another.

Yeah, World of Final Fantasy pretty much acknowledges the Shiva Sisters as a Shiva incarnation. Lol, now his Absolute Zero Fist is a pretty literal name.

The Chocobros and Ardyn should have a resistance to it as well, they're always in the middle of Diamond Dust when it's used.

In the middle of making a thread for the Final Fantasy 1 cast; it's been long overdue. I will link it when it is ready.

Hst master said:
The Chocobros and Ardyn should have a resistance to it as well, they're always in the middle of Diamond Dust when it's used.
Ardyn got literally turned into "Diamond" dust.

@Medeus: Sure! Let us know.

@PaChi: Would Lightning get the resistance as well? She does fight Snow directly in Lightning Returns, but I don't know if he was still using the Shiva Sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back