• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So this CRT will involve the following:

Stranger of Paradise
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XIV
and Gilgamesh

XV​

In SoP, the Lufenians using their technology, recreate locations in the current world based off various FF worlds, one of the most notable areas is based on the Citadel from Eos: the World of FFXV. In the Fool's Missive for it, which are reports of Astos, it is stated that the Lufenians sent packaged Darkness into Eos, which eventually became known as the Starscourge and mutated the population turning them into Daemons. The Darkness of Stranger of Paradise and Classic Games & the Starscourge of XV are revealed to be one and the same should give them both the same properties

Next is Bahamut. Bahamut in Stranger of Paradise is heavily implied to be the Bahamut from FFXV, stated to be a God from another world who was worshipped by the people and became a god after a Darkness began spreading in it (The Starscourge) but also had others who hated hi, (Ardyn). He was then betrayed by the humans who worshipped him and subsequently killed after they banded together, matching up with the "Dawn of the Future" ending of XV where they did exactly that. And to clear any suspicion of why he doesn't look the same, he notes that his appearance in SoP is not his real appearance and is only how he appears in that world, still having notable homages to his Xv appearance such as his Ultima Swords even using them in a similar manner. After he dies in XV he states his essence ended up coming to the World of SoP

Bahamut is tasked by Jack to bless the Warriors of Light and give them the power to kill him, alongside being summoned by Jack to fight. Due to this, Bahamut's Magic and thus the Magic of FFXV, which he was the source of should have the same properties as the First 6 games. Bahamut should also be upgraded to 2-A through both fighting Jack & the Fiends and fighting alongside them. Lastly, the cast of FFXV should downscale from Bahamut, as they were the ones to fight and kill him albeit as a group effort.

Finally since Bahamut is the one who created the Ring of The Lucii with his own power, it's powers should be considered his own, meaning he should have Alterna (BFR), Holy (Holy Manipulation), and Death (Life Force Absorption & Death Manipulation)

XIV​

XIV's involvement is rather simple, 2-A scaling from XV via the crossover event with the Warrior of Light (XIV) & Noctis against Messenger Garuda

II​

More specifically the Emperor, he should get a stranger of paradise key, as he was a post Dissidia version of himself who had followed Mog to Jack's world, and had gotten more powerful after he took Nil's Crystal for himself. Giving him the abilities of the Crystal alongside his Dissidia abilities

Gilgamesh​

Also simple, SoP key from repeatedly fighting Jack & fighting alongside Jack

TL;DR

FFXV Darkness = SoP Darkness so they should share abilities

XV magic should gain the properties of 1-6

FFXV 2-A downscaling from Bahamut

Emperor Mateus SoP Key

More XIV WoL scaling

Gilgamesh SoP Key

Finally 2-A scaling that isn't solely based on Gil.

I'll give this look through once I finish the last DLC (Literally everything two shots me if I don't spam parry, gauge and dodge but I'm almost done).

I played Stranger of paradise

Then I read the lore of 15

What you are proposing makes complete sense, but the alternative ending of Bahamut is considered an alternative timeline right? Because then we would have to make Noctis be 2-A in another key representing that timeline, the same with Ardyn, that is what I would add to the topic

The alternative ending happens in Dawn of the Future yes, but that doesn't really affect much given Noctis and Co.'s Power still comes from Bahamut + they can still fight the other Astrals like Leviathan, Ifrit, and Titan. Along with DotF being meant to be the definitive ending to XV over the in game one

̶W̶e̶l̶p̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶N̶o̶c̶t̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶s̶t̶ ̶R̶e̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶C̶l̶o̶u̶d̶. Does FF XIV's upgrade result in a new key altogether or the change of an old one?

It would make Warrior of Light 2-A from post ARR onwards I believe, unless we take it as a temporary buff via the Power of Kings, then we just put 2-A with the Power of Kings

I'm more or less done now, sheesh KT games literally have zero chill (From-software who?).

Yeah the game is not only another prequel but alternate universe retelling too (SoP >=< Dissidia > FF1) but thanks to timey wimey multiverse theory it confirms the events of FF1 takes place much later on in its universe after the events of FF15 are concluded in its universe thanks to Bahamut being present and ofc Gilgamesh being Gilgamesh.

Yeah this is just stronger confirmation that everything is part of one massive cosmology (ofc we already knew that and it's was confirmed years ago but more lore never hurts) so I agree with the canon cross-scaling of the classic titles with FFXV plus FFXIV getting scaling via proxy (I don't even what to imagine what an abomination of a scaling chain we will get after this). After FFXVI is released FF is long overdue an updated cosmology blog on the verse page imo.

Regardless I agree with the additions in this CRT (now I need a break from JRPGs for awhile).

Also Tekken getting these buffs when?

Maybe, maybe not, depends on if we barely have much info on the verse from the first 13 games.

Back