• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got me there. How so?

Any news on Shiva, also what do you guys think about Ifrit? Ifrit wouldn't really change much of anything, but still be a cool addition.

Hey, does anyone know what gave cast of ff8 NPI? is it because they can harm GF's who are made out of energy? I can't recall any ghost or intangible enemies in ff8.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Hey, does anyone know what gave cast of ff8 NPI? is it because they can harm GF's who are made out of energy? I can't recall any ghost or intangible enemies in ff8.
Would have to look into the lore, but the best I could find were these:

Blood Soul and Creeps

They seem like a monstruous spirit and a demonic shadow, their japanese names are also Burado Soru and Kuripusu meaning it's not a translation deal. It would be good te try to recall events of the game if they dealt with the dead at some point. That's how I found out about the Gi Tribe in VII.

It should as far as I know. You can ask in the Q&A section of the forums. Also it would be good to link the part of the game where they state that nature of the GFs as backup.

Someone alreay added it to all their profiles lmao 0.o.

'A GF is an independent energy force. By combining it with para-magic, it is possible to control tremendous energy'

From the ingame tutorial.

from the Ultimania which was released as official content

'Each possessing special characteristics and appearing in the forms of beasts and fairies, mighty autonomous energy bodies. Existing in specific places (energy fields), they can reside within objects and living organisms, and furthermore, may be junctioned, bringing 2 kinds of beings together.

Perfect. That sort of backup is ideal. If you can get a screenshot of the Ultimania or the site with the translation or link to a vid from the part of the game were it's said even better (use Gyazo for screenshots, my recommendation).

It may sound nitpicky, but FF gets "it's just gameplay" a lot, so proving that what we bring up is in the actual lore is essential.

I made the question in the Q&A section just in case.

Okay cool. Junctioning is described in the Ultimania as 'Uniting an organism with a non-corporeal entity and magic' with the non-corporeal ones being Guardian forces. I will look for it now.

TartaChocholate said:
Got me there. How so?

Any news on Shiva, also what do you guys think about Ifrit? Ifrit wouldn't really change much of anything, but still be a cool addition.
At the end of Lightning returns he freed one specific Yeul (the one who met Noel) from her destiny as seeress. Also he should have BFR since he basically expelled both Noel and Yeul into the main universe.

Seems it might be difficult to prove. All I can find is a blog by a guy that works for a website that translates gaming concent. It seems reputable and the largest translating project for it from what I can tell. I am having difficulty finding scans of the original text though.

@Blackcurrant: I think linking to the site with the translations is good enough, especially if the site has prestige. Even if we had scans of the original japanese text how do we prove the text actually says what we state and all if we don't speak japanese? If we have an external translation we can use that more reliably . Not to mention, AFAIK Ultimanias haven't been officially translated to use that.

Well, they answered in the Q&A section. Interacting with energy beings does indeed qualify as Non Physical Interaction , so there we go.

@Pachi: Sounds solid enough if you ask me for both cases.

Hey, that's the same site I'm getting side-material info for the FFVII profiles! Far as I know it's a pretty good and reliable one.

I think Non Physical Interaction was added across the FF profiles when I made CRT for FFVII to give them NPI based on the events with the Gi Tribe (a tribe of fallen ghost warriors). Eventually, the staff brought up that ghosts and spectral enemies were so commonplace across Final Fantasy that they added to most characters.

Before starting another CRT we should end the 4-A/3-C thingy, if possible.

Dat feeling when you find FFVII has a 3-B feat...

Chief Arty and his Posse

but it's an outlier the size of an Ocean Liner >_<;

Perhaps it's worth asking for a calc just to see if the lowball can be used for something and at the very least to clarify it's an outlier.

after Golden Week events are over on some Gacha Games I'm playing, thinking about Redownloading FFBE and Mobius. I was interested in the stories they had and didn't get far.

Knights of the Round will look glorious in the Remake,

Yeah, they trivialize every encounter in the game except for the Ruby and Emerald weapons. Then again, back then when bosses had much less HP due to the 9999 cap, combo attacks in general were pretty OP.

Ruby and Emerald are trivialized too if you combine KotR and mimic.

I'm pretty sure that was disregarded as the statement was too vauge. In fact there was actually a downgrade to 6-B thread that went no where. Depending on Dawn of The Future I can see the FFXV Cast becoming 5-C maybe

He might eventually, but with a different account if he does. And the details are too confidential to share to the public.

Bware1 said:
I'm pretty sure that was disregarded as the statement was too vauge. In fact there was actually a downgrade to 6-B thread that went no where. Depending on Dawn of The Future I can see the FFXV Cast becoming 5-C maybe
Dawn of The Future? That sounds familiar to me, is it DLC? I thought Epsiode Noctis, Aranea, and Luna were canceled, unless it's something else entirely.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
He might eventually, but with a different account if he does. And the details are too confidential to share to the public.
Lol.

Tbh I dont really care and I dont think it matters anyway.

Hst master said:
Bware1 said:
Dawn of The Future? That sounds familiar to me, is it DLC? I thought Epsiode Noctis, Aranea, and Luna were canceled, unless it's something else entirely.
Well sort of, Dawn of The Future is coming back...as a novel. Detailing the stories that we were "going" to get as the second wave of DLC for FFXV with Episode Noctis, Luna and Aranea. I've accidentally come across some spoilers on accident of what happenes in the novel, but FFXV Needs a few more profiles created for this Novel.

Anyone played the weird 'Mobius Final Fantasy' game on steam? I was gonna download it last night. Apparently it's some sort of a spinoff.

I have. I plan to redownload it on my phone after golden week is done on the gacha games I play/I pull what I want. Whichever comes 1st

From what I played the story is pretty good.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Anyone played the weird 'Mobius Final Fantasy' game on steam? I was gonna download it last night. Apparently it's some sort of a spinoff.
From what I get some scenarios are actually canon. Tidus' for example is, it details what happened to him after the events of FFX but before X2 or something like that.

Oh, and the Main Character shares Zidane's VA, but the performance is pretty different (love Bryce Papenbrook's work).

@Bware: Say, don't know much, but a youtuber called the Night Sky Prince is updating news on the state of the FFXV's dlcs and mentioned something of a grand finale in one of his newest vids. I didn't check it to avoid spoilers, but perhaps that can help to know where to look for XV.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I have. Honestly it's one of my favorite spinoff games. Got 2 Ultimate Heroes

TartaChocholate said:
Blackcurrant91 said:
From what I get some scenarios are actually canon. Tidus' for example is, it details what happened to him after the events of FFX but before X2 or something like that.
Oh, and the Main Character shares Zidane's VA, but the performance is pretty different (love Bryce Papenbrook's work).

@Bware: Say, don't know much, but a youtuber called the Night Sky Prince is updating news on the state of the FFXV's dlcs and mentioned something of a grand finale in one of his newest vids. I didn't check it to avoid spoilers, but perhaps that can help to know where to look for XV.
He was the one who spoiled a few details on the Dawn of The Future Novel. He didn't mention anything feat wise for the FFXV cast to bump up a tier but their are probably some new haxes for some of the cast and profile creations. I think he meant the Dawn of The Future Novel as "The Grand Finale" because this is the end of the FFXV era or by some miraculous way we get more FFXV content. Judging by the things he said we should also create profiles for two more FFXV characters. Also really? Bryce Papenbrook voices Wol in Mobius? First Zidane and now him wow.

I actually meant it in the sense that his vids could be a good source to up to date with what's being released for FFXV and be aware what materials will be available; be it DLC, the novels or something else.

Dude also voices Machina in Type 0 HD and Tiz in Bravely Default (Tiz does sound exactly like Zidane). Actually, some voice actors do repeat roles. If you want a laugh, Kefka and Ultros share the same English VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back