• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty happy, personally. Seems like Sephy's influence will be felt differently this time around. Honestly, I am rather optimistic about it at this point. It seems they did change the voice cast in the end, while Sephiroth was noticeably different in the previous trailer, now you can tell it with Cloud.

Exploitation of One Winged Angel is never a bad thing

I'm waiting to see if we get Tifa revealed now. Supposedly Nomura posted in the website that the trailer from yesterday was a small part of the extended one from today. They probably finally address the gameplay now and what are the features.

EDIT: @Pachi: Ooooh booy, they will be sweet! I'm also intrigued if there's gonna be new skills like, new magic, new Limit Breaks and new Summons, especially given a lot of the older skills won't translate well into action combat.

TartaChocholate said:
Exploitation of One Winged Angel is never a bad thing
I'm waiting to see if we get Tifa revealed now. Supposedly Nomura posted in the website that the trailer from yesterday was a small part of the extended one from today. They probably finally address the gameplay now and what are the features.
They might. Also there is supposed to be a new character reveal this month for Dissidia NT, with all this FF7 stuff rolling around...

>Cloud: *uses cross slash*

>Barret: *mimic* *rises his gun* BAZUNGAAAAAAAAAA

There's also these weird shadow fog things that creep on Aerith. They are connected to Sephiroth if official art is to go by, but it's unclear how. I guess it's his Jenova Reunion Shaeningans and Aerith and her Planet hotline can perceive them.

If we, somehow, get more impressive feats/new materia in the remake would we scale that to the original, overwrite it or make a new profile/key?

Personally I think it looks great! I am surprised they actually included the ATB in the new battle system now, it really is a different style from Kingdom Hearts or XV. The newer scenes and explorations also are looking nice, especially focusing on topics like AVALANCHE's extremism (which the game glossed over, but the stories that did focus on Barret and Tifa did show that they were heavily burdened by what happened).

Sephy showing so early as an hallucination for Cloud may lessen the impact of his appearances later on, perhaps. But I am cautiously optimistic on that regard. Given that Shinra in general seems to be played up as more serious villiains the HQ murder and the Cargo Ship appearance may simply have a different impact when the guy who shows up finally does it for real.

Kinda like how Tifa's new clothes have those detail bits that make it look sporty. I was chuckling like a moron during Douchebag Cloud and Barret's snark fest against the Guard Scorpion.

Barret does look like a badass, but some people are complaining about Tifa's new design based on what I'm reading in the Discord chat.

@DDM That's a shame because I actually like Tifa's new outfit. I don't know how to put it but it seems more.....combat appropriate.

Well, it is pretty different from her original much more simple design. More so than Barret which is overall a less stylized and more detailed take on how he looked in 97. She's also... "less endowed" than she was originally, which was the touchy subject.

I like the new design too, never was much of a fan of her old one. Not bothered by the fanservicey aspect or anything, but the super daring sexy look just felt it didn't really fit with Tifa's more reserved, down to earth and motherly character overall. The newer one at least goes with her brawler fighting style. Though this is just a personal thing.

I do agree with that part, and I too like her outfit. People did complain that her boobs got smaller though. I don't mind that part too much personally.

@TartaChocholate Personal or not, I have to agree. Especially since Tifa always seems like one of the more humbled characters.

I guess it's the whole thing against censorship and all that (from what I get, Sony has been pretty bad on it lately). She honestly looks to have around the same figure as in Advent Children. I mean:

1b91fb05d301f213ad6780a417fc93c4
Tifa Design by Nomura

Her large bust worked with the anime-like designs of the original game and stylized graphics in Dissidia. But with the much more detailed graphics and more realistic designs perhaps they'd look off if they were as big?

@Bware1: Hmm... perhaps is because her features like Aerith's aren't as cute-like and young as they were in AC and CC? They look more mature now, but it may look odd at first.

Fair Point. I guess it will take some getting used too though I wish they would have stuck with brown eyes instead of changing them back to red. Though personally I thought Aerith looked beautiful in her offical reveal. Wonder when we're gonna get stuff outside of Midgar since they said Midgar takes up the entirety of Disc 1.

Also as a side note from a look at every single FF7 Remake Trailer. Here are the abilities and haxes the party has shown so far.

Cloud: Superhuman Characteristics, Expert Swordsmenship, Paralysis Inducement with Cross Slash, Elemental Manipulation of Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind (More to come I'm sure), Healing with Cure, Enhanced Senses, Summoning (With Cactuar and Carbuncle confimed more Summons will be making a return)

Barret: Superhuman Characteristics. Expert Gunmanship, Statistics Amplification with Steelskin, Elemental Manipulation of Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind, Healing with Cure, Energy Projection with Focused Shot, Summoning

Aerith: Superhuman Characteristics, Elemental Manipulation of Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind, Healing, Summoning

Tifa: Superhuman Characteristics, Martial Arts Mastery, Energy Projection, Elemental Manipulation of Fire, Ice, Lightning and Wind, Summoning

Sephiroth: Superhuman Characteristics, Illusion Creation, Possibly Empathetic Manipulation, Fear Manipulation and Summoning

He, neatto, pretty good job there. All of them would get Energy Manipulation by default since I doubt the remake will get rid of Spirit Energy.

Bware1 said:
Fair Point. I guess it will take some getting used too though I wish they would have stuck with brown eyes instead of changing them back to red. Though personally I thought Aerith looked beautiful in her offical reveal. Wonder when we're gonna get stuff outside of Midgar since they said Midgar takes up the entirety of Disc 1.
Honestly I think both girls look gorgeous as well. I meant cute in the "kawaii" sense more than anything.

Well, if I had to take a guess, Disc 2 will be outside of Midgar right away. Disc 1 should end with the Shinra HQ assault and Sephiroth's killing spree (well, the Jenova body). Probably changing things around to have a climatic boss fight against the Shinra leads for the final bosses. Like, playing up Rufus' introduction to the team and his boss fight.

Was it confirmed that Carbuncle and Cactuar were summons? Yay, new Summoned Beasts!

TartaChocholate said:
Bware1 said:
Honestly I think both girls look gorgeous as well. I meant cute in the "kawaii" sense more than anything.
Well, if I had to take a guess, Disc 2 will be outside of Midgar right away. Disc 1 should end with the Shinra HQ assault and Sephiroth's killing spree (well, the Jenova body). Probably changing things around to have a climatic boss fight against the Shinra leads for the final bosses. Like, playing up Rufus' introduction to the team and his boss fight.

Was it confirmed that Carbuncle and Cactuar were summons? Yay, new Summoned Beasts!
Well they are DLC but yeah Cactuar, Carbuncle and I forgot Chocobo chick are all summon materia Pre-Order Bonuses.

PaChi2 said:
Chocobo chick? Nani?!
Probably a support Summon like Carbuncle or a will have a gag like animation like Choco/Mog.

Now, Nomura mentioned there was a playable Demon in E3 to try, so hopefully you have the option to accessing menus to get a glimpse of how equipment, Materia and Commands customization may work.

Sephiroth looked ... different to me in the trailer. Like, someone cosplaying Sephiroth and not actually Sephiroth.

TartaChocholate said:
Now, Nomura mentioned there was a playable Demon in E3 to try, so hopefully you have the option to accessing menus to get a glimpse of how equipment, Materia and Commands customization may work.
It's also pretty cool how we can see the materia on the actual equipment.

@PaChi: This is more of a personal headcanon, but if those are hallucinations Cloud is having, then that's how he remembers Sephiroth before he fell into the Nibelheim Reactor, when he was "human", so his usual more "otherwordly" features that are used across his appearances since Advent Children onwards wouldn't be noticeably since Cloud hasn't met that Sephiroth yet, the Sephiroth that has "ascended". I mostly say this because, I remember Nomura and other artist mentioned that in Advent Children they put a lot of effort in giving Sephiroth all sort of details to make him look "off" and otherwordly, emphazise he wasn't human anymore without making him openly monstruous. So when we do get to see him in person again (or a Jenova body taking his shape) I'd expect him too look much more alien within the same design.

At first one may think it's just the newest designs and style that make him look different, but honestly... the devs for Squeenix actually puts a lot of effort on this sort of stuff, so it's not THAT unlikely.

@Ogbu: I loved that aspect as well, goes to show the detail. Can't way to use end game weapons to smack around enemies with my Skittles sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back