• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ogp_EN.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Final Fantasy XIV dissuscion thread. o/

Have you tried the expanded Free Trial of our critically acclaimed MMORPG FFXIV? You can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for FREE with no restrictions on playtime!

While I do admit this thread is partially meant to organize my thoughts for profile additions and revision content with suggestions from anyone who scares to listen to my mad ramblings, it does appear that this portion of the franchise lacked an official thread so feel free to meet up with other players and talk about post-free trial content. It's not like I don't end up stumpling over spoilers regardless, intentionally or otherwise.

Last edited:
Ambitious content revision things I've been thinking about or have seen others talking about/working on:
  • Figuring out AP for ARR characters since I haven't seen much progress since that last thread mentioning it... or maybe I'm just blind.
  • Making profiles for all the Scions, Primals, major antagonists, raid bosses, and maybe even the city-states and Eorzea as civilizations (also amoungus and twitter)
  • Fixing Gaius and Nael's profile because those have been untouched for awhile.
  • Placing WoL's job abilities into multiple keys considering they
  • Adding Sage and Reaper to WoL's profile.
  • Giving Zenos his Endwalker key.

Last edited:
Now that my country's economy isn't a complete mess, I'll finally be able to purchase Endwalker and a sub, so that's nice. Though before I do that I'll try to skim through a lot of stuff in both ARR and Heavensward, as there's stuff from there that's missing on the WoL's profile, such as him resisting Paralysis and Corrosion Inducement as early as level 1. There's also stuff that's been present throughout ARR and the other expansions that for some reason isn't on his profile, such as him getting a passive buff that states he's breaking his limits in every serious fight.

Welp, finally managed to buy the complete edition. Probs gonna disappear from the wiki for months so I can at last begin work on WoL's profile.

I'll probably get into Stormblood around the Summer 1 college semsester. For the moment, I'll focus on ARR and Heavensward stuff for the moment. Which is why I'm still really waiting for the calcs on early primals.

I remember someone mentioning in a thread about him producing quakes that can be felt on mainland Eorzea. This could be some artificial memory nonsense conjured up by brain though.

You guys think we should sometime make pages for the pre-Shadowbringers raid characters (Bahamut, Alexander, Omega, etc.)? All of them are rather distinct to their original counterparts, even without taking their status as Primals into consideration.

Is anyone here deep into the SB and EW lore, specifically about the Eden raids and Lunar Primals? I want to know is they have any major differences in abilities compared to the normals ones from earlier expansions.

Shouldn't primals get type 8 immortality, seeing as they can just come back from their worshipers' prayers? It happens at the end of Garuda's fight with Titan and Ifrit. I'm working my way through pre-Heavensward stuff, and I'm pretty sure the Echo can also grant type 6 immortality? The Sahagin priest or whoever seems to use it that way, anyways (though there may be more context I'm missing rn).

Eh, I'm kind of iffy on type 8 immortality for primals. It's more that they're being resurrected by their worshippers honestly. The Echo does give type 6 immortality, though, if mastered enough. The Sahagin priest does it as well as a couple other people in the story as well.

Notably the Warrior of Light has never showed this, though.

Also there are some differences between the Eden primals and the regular primals, as they're just outright different versions of the base entity. Like, regular Titan can't turn himself into a car, nor can regular Shiva cause a Flood of Light.

The Lunar primals are very bizarre because they seem to lack things about themselves that primals should have, but it's kind of vague.

Also primals should get passive soul manipulation as well, since manipulating aether also manipulates souls due to them being mostly the same thing. Creatures tempered for long enough do also change their form to adapt to the primal that is taking control over them. I have no idea what that would be. Corruption? Limited biological manipulation?

Last edited:
Eh, I'm kind of iffy on type 8 immortality for primals. It's more that they're being resurrected by their worshippers honestly. The Echo does give type 6 immortality, though, if mastered enough. The Sahagin priest does it as well as a couple other people in the story as well.

Notably the Warrior of Light has never showed this, though.

Also there are some differences between the Eden primals and the regular primals, as they're just outright different versions of the base entity. Like, regular Titan can't turn himself into a car, nor can regular Shiva cause a Flood of Light.
I feel like being able to come back through the faith of your worshipers would be fine as type 4/8 honestly. They'd be reliant on their worshipers, in this case, so maybe it could be phrased as something like "Can be brought back to life through the pleas of their worshipers". As for the Echo, although I'm not very far into the story, I feel like it'd be weird for the WoL to not have it on a scale greater than some random guy from 4 expansions ago. Although if the Echo in this case was granted by the Ascians, I think that would change things? idk

Also idk what an Eden primal is but I'm excited for Car Titan to show up.

I feel like being able to come back through the faith of your worshipers would be fine as type 4/8 honestly. They'd be reliant on their worshipers, in this case, so maybe it could be phrased as something like "Can be brought back to life through the pleas of their worshipers". As for the Echo, although I'm not very far into the story, I feel like it'd be weird for the WoL to not have it on a scale greater than some random guy from 4 expansions ago. Although if the Echo in this case was granted by the Ascians, I think that would change things? idk

Also idk what an Eden primal is but I'm excited for Car Titan to show up.
Not all echos scale to each other, some have abilities that others don't. If the Warrior of Light doesn't show that ability, I'd only really be fine with a possibly.

Immortality type 4 is possible, though I'm still iffy on type 8.

Also eden primals are primals summoned by the vague and head damaged memories of the warrior of light with the aid of two other characters.

Not all echos scale to each other, some have abilities that others don't. If the Warrior of Light doesn't show that ability, I'd only really be fine with a possibly.
Fair enough, I just thought it'd be worth mentioning.

Immortality type 4 is possible, though I'm still iffy on type 8.
Hey, I already gave type 8 to another god using this logic :v

Also eden primals are primals summoned by the vague and head damaged memories of the warrior of light with the aid of two other characters.
That sounds cool, I'm glad the primals will stick around as boss fights seeing as I've been listening to their themes on loop recently.

Also this is pretty minor but since the WoL doesn't have a good justification for social influencing, you could maybe use the bit from Hearts on Fire where they're able to psych up dejected soldiers to the point of them being willing to die on the front lines.
image.png

To be honest, the Warrior of Light just does inspire people to do things in general through their heroics overall. But yeah, that is definitely the best feat of the Warrior of Light just talking people into something scary by that point.

Also, dead ass honest, two hard to swallow pills incoming.

WoL should probably only have a possibly 2-A from Gilgamesh.

Also probably shouldn't have the echo precognition, I tried looking everywhere for an interview on that one and it does not exist.

I did happen to collect a few Social Influencing feats for WoL, I just forgot to add them to the sandbox due to general laziness. I'll try to add a bunch of scans as well as references and justifications once I'm done with Stormblood.

Well, that new event was pretty neat.
Though on the topic of this event and the Social Influencing stuff, WoL's SI does seem to be supernatural in nature, considering that during the event's FATE you can use an ability that makes you scare off any nearby sylphs, which also creates a dark cloud infront of WoL when you activate it.

oh also you can like get stormblood for free for a limited amount of time so if you have a sub but arent sure if you want to buy endwalker (which in turn gives you all the other expansions) yet uhhh go get it

Alright, decided to update the first key for WoL in my sandbox. For some reason the original profile scales him to Gilgamesh in his first key, which makes no sense since the fight with Greg only happens after ARR.

Here's my proposed changes for those who don't want to check the sandbox:

Small City level (Defeated Garuda, who created the Howling Eye[1], a massive storm composed out of her aether, which should yield this much energy )

Massively Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with and dodge the lightning-based attacks of Lightning Sprites, with sprites being elemental representations of their respective element[2])

At least Superhuman (Can carry a pile of fresh corpses, including that of an adult male Roegadyn, by himself[3])

Gonna be focusing the next few days on just improving the sandbox rather than making significant changes to it, like adding tabbers, as well as adding justifications, scans and references to the stuff that was already on it before I made said sandbox. Input would be appreciated once I'm done.

Back