• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixo Bullets said:
That could possibly be a limited resistance if he healed.
Ardyn has more likely than not Low godly regen. AZ wont kill him.

So. Something that has bothered me. Where does Safer Sephiroth come from after you kill Bizarro? The screen just turns black and then you are fighting him.

I'm guessing it "hatches" from Bizarro Sephiroth. You know, the whole ascend to godhood, Bizarro Sephiroth is originally Rebirth Sephiroth, be reborn as a higher being, etc. All of Sephiroth megalomania and complexes taking a physical shape.

Well, it's explicitely called a core. Hmm... you got me thinking about it. Perhaps the Ultimanias go into detail about it when it comes to the design. XD

I'll see if the artists offer an explanation on how the transformation works.

Would characters from FFX get absolute Zero and resistance to it from having access to Shiva and resistance from fighting her inside her temple? (it is very earlygame they are able to achieve this)

Yuna should get Absolute Zero by being able to Summon Shiva. I recall they also fight Shiva after defeating Jecht and before Yu Yevon, when freeing all the Aeons, so the party should get resistance to AZ.

One detail though, just beating Shiva and knowing ice magic does not give the character Absolute Zero. For the character to have Absolute Zero outside summoning Shiva herself is to access her power directly in another way such as Junction or something. Consider that regardless of how much stronger than Shiva characters are, if they attack her will cold it will still be useless, so it's not like they are overpowering her in that regard, and nothing really states other Ice spells are AZ.

I don't recall very well from that game, but isn't it possible to gain elemental resistances via Guardian Force Junctioning? If the cast of VIII can get resistance to Ice via junctioning Shiva then that counts as AZ resistance given they are using her powers.

To be fair, it was part of the proposal I made, that even if there was no direct interaction with Shiva's cold, if the characters could access her powers in one way or another, then it would count for for Absolute Zero or Absolute Zero resistance depending on the nature of said use of Shiva's power. That was accepted as well.

In this case, using Shiva's power to obtain cold resistance should be valid, especially if said resistance allows to shrugh off ice attacks.

So, was taking another look at the profiles of the Summons in Final Fantasy Explorers, Diablos mentions this:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffex/

ÞûäµÜùÒüäµ┤×þ¬ƒÒü½Þ║½ÒéÆÒü▓ÒüØÒéüÒÇüõ¥ÁÕàÑÞÇàÒéÆÚùçÒüïÒéëþøúÞªûÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÕżÕûÜþìúÒÇîÒâçÒéúÒéóÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣ÒÇìÒÇüÒéÀÒâ¬Òâ╝Òé║õ¢£ÕôüÒü½ÒééÕñÜÒüÅþÖ╗Õá┤ÒüùÒÇüõ©ìµ░ùÕæ│Òü¬Úø░Õø▓µ░ùÒüîµ╝éÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇéþ®║ÚûôÒéÆõ¢┐ÒüúÒüƒµö╗µÆâÒüîÕñÜÒüÅÒÇüõ©¡ÒüºÒééÚçìÕèøÒéƵôìÒéïµö╗µÆâÒéÆÕñÜþö¿ÒüùÒüªÒüÅÒéï

Usugurai dōkutsu ni mi o hisome, shin'nyü-sha o yami kara kanshi ***** iru shōkankemono `diaborosu', shir─½zu sakuhin ni mo ōku tōjō shi, bukimina fun'iki ga tadayotte iru. Kükan o tsukatta kōgeki ga ōku,-chü Demon jüryoku o ayatsuru kōgeki o tayō ***** kuru.

A spooky atmosphere, with many appearing in series works called "Diavolos", a summoned beast that hides in dimly lit caves and monitors intruders from the dark. There are many attacks using space, and many attacks using gravity are used among them.

This may be useful for those who have fought or use Diablos or Diavolos.

Final Fantasy VI does mention that Bahamut's Mega Flare is a nuclear blast. Perhaps we can something from that, but first is to know if the original version says the same or it was added in the translation, as well as what would "Nuclear Blast" imply.

That might just be game mechanics as all summons are undodgeable in game. But him having a big AoE would be legit.

I just realized Messenger Garuda should be added to Noctis' profile. And I noticed there's a few characters that don't have resistances despite ribbon being a thing, like Terra, Bartz and Kefka.

I guess the Ribbons could work...? FFVII characters have them considered in their profiles because the entire cast canonically started wearing them in honor to Aerith. Not really sure how optional equipment is handled, AFAIK Ultimate Weapons are fine, but armors, accessories and other optional gear aren't considered unless mentioned or shown somewhere. I could be mistaken though.

We do? Inteereeesstiiiiing.... IIRC then some FFVI relics also taugh new abilities, such as Dualcasting, Dual Wielding, Unblockable Attacks (which could be taken as more precise and skilled offensive), and reduce MP costs, among other things. Those could be worth bringing up as well.

Yuna could get a MASSIVE hax boost with some FFX-2 revisions. There is accessories in that game that add time stop to her physical attacks. Instant Death. Petrification etc. Not to mention the sheer amount of abilities she would have access to with dress-spheres.

Honestly I think the main gimmick of the game should definitely go in profiles, just like Jobs for many RPGs, Materias for VII, Junction for VIII, so Dresspheres makes sense for X-2.

That was a bug? Huh, I did notice it but really didn't pay mind to it, though I did find it odd.

Still, good they fixed it and are ironing other issues with updates.

Just spoke with my brother, and apparently the flickering blackness going into the transitions between cutscenes and gameplay was the issue he was talking about, which was one of the things patched out here.

So, yeah, may jump on it at some point now.

Give it a shot in the future, IMHO it's an excellent game and still very enjoyable despite its shortcomings.

You mentioned you were also considering FFX? That's also a good choice, also an excellent title.

I may be reaching but if we accept Dissidia being Canon to 1 then does that mean Garland and Warrior Of Light can get Dissidia abilities, Items, and Equipments like Summons?

FF1 is very heavily implied to be a direct sequel to Dissidia yes.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
FF1 is very heavily implied to be a direct sequel to Dissidia yes.
Then I'll go through Dissidia for abilities and make a crt for them. Along with resistances for an eventual Ribbon CRT although that might take longer.

@Hst master: Sounds great. Though, for the Ribbon each FF would have slightly different functions due to working against different Status Effects, right?

@Bware1: What do you need to do? I have some basic ones, so perhaps I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back