• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok my bad that is true. He stays up to date with almost everything FFXV related.

Oh yeah, I forgot the dude also voiced Machina. Need to play Type-0 again to get thier profiles created. Is Bravely Default any good? Always thought about getting it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Bravely Default is quite fun; the story isn't too special IMO, but it has an absolutely spectacular combat system.

I personally loved both games so far, the can slog a bit at moments but are sooo darn worth it when the good parts come. Gameplay wise they are also pretty fun, taking the classic Job system.

And their music is incredible.

Yeah, FFVI is the best Final Fantasy game, but it's the only classic one that's never really had a proper remake. All the older Final Fantasy games got better with their remakes and especially on PSP or Steam, but FF6 is the only one where the original SNES version is the best. GBA at least tried, but sound engine translated poorly; not like V where sound track translated very well. And the mobile PC version has a shitty art style. More info here.

Yeah 6 is great. I played the GBA version though, I pretty much spammed Drill on Edgar to victory. Gau is an interesting character in terms of gameplay. Def the most interesting bluemage in the series.

The GBA version is still awesome for other reasons, and GBA soundtrack being sub par with their SNES counterparts was often occuring. Though most games like various Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda games, Final Fantasy V still sound great regardless. But some games like Earthbound didn't so much; I wouldn't consider the track quite bad per say, but I do agree that it was a big downgrade in sound quality to the near perfect standards of 6.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Yeah 6 is great. I played the GBA version though, I pretty much spammed Drill on Edgar to victory. Gau is an interesting character in terms of gameplay. Def the most interesting bluemage in the series.
My boy Strago is the real blue mage. Gau is just a wannabe ovo

I honestly expected that the 3DS would follow the DS and GBA and give us remakes of V and VI after the ones of III and IV and Dawn of Souls. Pretty disappointed it didn't happen.

Say, question, I am working on the proposal for Absolute Zero for Shiva. Aside statements here and there the best displays seem to be in XV including this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlakKHq1z8Y&feature=youtu.be, more especifically what happens to Ifrit at the end, the fact he just freezes and disappears. Question is, what's the exact nature of Summons in XV? I know they are gods and all, but just want to make sure that Shiva actually froze Ifrit and he broke down from that (unless I am missing important context), because that could actually count as an openly Absolute Zero feat.

We kind of need a specific statement to prove it's absolute zero.

So... I just thought, what the heck and gave a shot to it. Made a draft for an Absolute Zero Shiva proposal here. It still needs polishing, but any input is appreciated, to ensure I am not talking nonsense and any sort of backup and other help is welcome. Stll not gonna make CRT about it, I made that in a bit of a rush so it needs correction and I want to make sure the proposal is feasible to begin with.

Well so far they've only shown one location don't really know how far along they are on it but if it's quite a bit far....maybe Early-Mid 2020

Cloud and Jessie got face lifts, Aerith's Offical reveal, another Sephiroth teaser+Toned down voices.

I don't think that means they haven't done much since the Japanese in general don't like showing things unless they're ready. So unless this is another versus XIII situation, I don't think we would get a release later than late 2019/early 2020.

I hope.

Bware1 said:
So...not that anyone cares because I'm sure no one is looking forward to it but everyone might wanna check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOn2bWuA_0w
I... actually do. Thanks for the trailer, had completely missed any FF news.

Cloud looks a lot healthier than in the second trailer. And they teased Tifa as well.

Looks good so far. Pretty cool to see Limit Breaks in action. But, gotta wait and see what else comes in June

We'll probably see Tifa in June and maybe Sephiroth's full face reveal. However going by what Cloud and Aerith look like they weren't kidding when they said play Cloud and everyone from the Final Fantasy VII Remake in Mobius Final Fantasy since they look exactly like thier counterparts there. Just upgraded.

Bware1 said:
We'll probably see Tifa in June and maybe Sephiroth's full face reveal. However going by what Cloud and Aerith look like they weren't kidding when they said play Cloud and everyone from the Final Fantasy VII Remake in Mobius Final Fantasy since they look exactly like thier counterparts there. Just upgraded.
I recall Mobius had a crossover with FFVII Remake, but from what I get only Cloud and Sephiroth show up. I could be mistaken.

I don't mind they're sticking to the original designs (though I would have been okay with redesigns as well, to be honest). Happy we finally got news at all.

One thing I noticed, Cloud sounds a lot better. Always thought that while Steve Burton was a good cast for Cloud, his performance was too dull by trying to emulate Takahiro Sakurai's "cool" voice, but not injecting the emotion unless screaming. Here he sounds a lot more natural.

Do you guys think that the FFVII Remake will be downgraded in terms of power and hax to the verse? Possibly to the level of FFXV? Or get the Supernova in glorious HD?

TartaChocholate said:
Bware1 said:
I recall Mobius had a crossover with FFVII Remake, but from what I get only Cloud and Sephiroth show up. I could be mistaken.
I don't mind they're sticking to the original designs (though I would have been okay with redesigns as well, to be honest). Happy we finally got news at all.

One thing I noticed, Cloud sounds a lot better. Always thought that while Steve Burton was a good cast for Cloud, his performance was too dull by trying to emulate Takahiro Sakurai's "cool" voice, but not injecting the emotion unless screaming. Here he sounds a lot more natural.
There are Ultimate Heroes for both Tifa and Aerith as well. Tifa came before Squall, and Aerith after.

Bware1 said:
Do you guys think that the FFVII Remake will be downgraded in terms of power and hax to the verse? Possibly to the level of FFXV? Or get the Supernova in glorious HD?
It will probably will be less haxed. Given it's more action oriented, it's likely it won't get as many Status Ailments nor situational spells as the original VII had. However, given how famous the Supernova is I highly doubt it will be gone, so I kind of expect to see it in full glory. And to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Sephiroth used Supernova and then pulled another even more ridiculous move just for the dev team to top themselves.

TartaChocholate said:
Bware1 said:
It will probably will be less haxed. Given it's more action oriented, it's likely it won't get as many Status Ailments nor situational spells as the original VII had. However, given how famous the Supernova is I highly doubt it will be gone, so I kind of expect to see it in full glory. And to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Sephiroth used Supernova and then pulled another even more ridiculous move just for the dev team to top themselves.
It wouldn't be surprising though Supernova in it of itself is already Over The Top. Though if what Square said was true and that they would remake other older games. We could see even more Over The Topness.

Well, let's hope for the best here. If this goes well, then the gates will open for the other games.

Good thing is that a more cinematic style will make it easier to get feats and all that. Also will be interesting to see what new abilities they'll have, it wouldn't be surprising that there's new Limit Breaks and Spells for everyone this time around.

Also hoping Summons do get more participation or at least battles. FFVII is the only game where they aren't even fought.

So I read a summary of Dawn To The Future......really wish it was DLC now. And it looks like my plan to wait until VII Remake comes is paying off.

Anything notable to add under the profiles? Also we need ones for Luna and Aranea now that the FFXV era is ending.

Not even any new haxes? Oh well, but yeah we definetly need profiles for Luna and Aranea especially Luna after what she goes through. (She needed her DLC Episode most out of all the characters)

Bware1 said:
Not even any new haxes? Oh well, but yeah we definetly need profiles for Luna and Aranea especially Luna after what she goes through. (She needed her DLC Episode most out of all the characters)
I mean, there could be. Like I said, I only read a quick summary. I plan to read it fully when it drops.

Some people have been quite cynical regarding the Remake. Hmm... can't say I really blame them. Given the issues that plagued XV, the delays with VII and from what I've heard, KHIII also have issues. I do think the trailer looks great, but I think it's better to be cautiously optimistic and wait what comes in June. More than anything, how the gameplay will exactly be and details about Limit Breaks, Materia, Magic and all will be implemented.

Many miss the ATB, I can kind of understand that, games like Persona, World of Final Fantasy and Bravely Default show that Turn Based combat has their audience and this was a good chance to polish and improve the shortcomings VII had and make a good strategy gameplay. But, I'm not really against action gameplay either, still taking a wait and see stance though.

I'm still wondering whether or not I should pool in to get the classic FFVII on Switch before the new one comes out...

I won't say I'm not interested at the prospect. My brother just mentioned the fact that there might be some game-breaking glitches in the Switch version, and I'm still not sure if I should jump on FFX before that.

There are? I went through the Switch version recently and no issues. The only problem I had is that rarely the game could crash if you toogled on and off the 3x speed option too much repeatedly, but even that happened only twice in 70 hours of gameplay (don't worry, the game isn't that long, I did a LOT of grinding in the end game).

EDIT: Also given that the Remake is aiming to be a different take of FFVII, playing the original won't lead to a rethread of the events, so you can experience something unique with both versions. From what we know, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back