• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If ARR Gilgamesh scales to his Dissidia counterpart as his profile states, wouldn't Meteor be 2-A after the events of patch 2.2? Because if that's true it would put Post-ARR Meteor at 2-A, OR 2-A with the Crystals of Light via his feats at The Praetorium. Either case would be another reinforcement of his tiering alongside the Neo Exdeath fight in Deltascape.

Last edited:
If ARR Gilgamesh scales to his Dissidia counterpart as his profile states, wouldn't Meteor be 2-A after the events of patch 2.2? Because if that's true it would put Post-ARR Meteor at 2-A, OR 2-A with the Crystals of Light via his feats at The Praetorium. Either case would be another reinforcement of his tiering alongside the Neo Exdeath fight in Deltascape.
Why only 2.2? His profile states he scales to Gilgamesh in his first key

He shouldn't scale to Greg in his first key anyhow. He only fights him in ARR's late game, never pre-level 50. Guy who made WoL's profile was lazy.

Why only 2.2?
Greg first appeared in XIV in Patch 2.2— which is the ARR post-game MSQ. Battle of the Big Bridge is WoL’s first fight with Gilgamesh, and this is the same 2-A Gilgamesh who just got through the Dissidia Conflict.

His profile states he scales to Gilgamesh in his first key
The tier assigned to WoL Post-ARR through HW isn’t consistent across both pages.

There’s contradictions in both pages regarding WoL’s scaling, and Gilgamesh’s Dissidia scaling is 2-A, not 2-C like WoL’s profile implies and scales to in his HW key. Post-ARR and HW should have WoL as 2-A.

Last edited:
He shouldn't scale to Greg in his first key anyhow. He only fights him in ARR's late game, never pre-level 50. Guy who made WoL's profile was lazy.
I’d also believe if nobody on this site knew enough about XIV to care to make/maintain pages and sift through all that content lol

Last edited:
What should WoL's first key scale to?
Not to Gilgamesh because Gilgamesh doesn’t appear anywhere in ARR (2.0) except in the post-game (2.2)

WoL’s page is actually wrong many glaring things and a CRT is needed. Lots of time has passed between patches.

Last edited:
Not to Gilgamesh because Gilgamesh doesn’t appear anywhere in ARR (2.0) except in the post-game (2.2)

WoL’s page is actually wrong many glaring things and a CRT is needed. Lots of time has passed between patches.
Can we scale 2.0 WoL to Lightning because of the crossover?

I'll just pump and dump my replacement for the first key's scaling here:
Small City level (Defeated Garuda, who created the Howling Eye[3], a massive storm composed out of her aether, which should yield this much energy
Massively Hypersonic+ (Can keep up with and dodge the lightning-based attacks of Lightning Sprites, with sprites being elemental representations of their respective element[4]
At least Superhuman (Can carry a pile of fresh corpses, including that of an adult male Roegadyn, by himself[5]

There are abilities in this game that reflect your attack back at you. Is it possible to give the WoL resistance to most of their own attacks for this?
That's... not how that fundamentally works. The video speaker is talking about a gameplay mechanic specifically that is more or less reoccuring in XIV, and there's nothing here that shows WoL resisting attacks. Reflect effects specifically bounce back the attack property in full brunt (in this case, physical and magical), it's also a consistently reoccurring/and effect across the series.

Granted, there have been methods shown to resist Magic/Physical damage. The noteable places to look would be the Eureka & Bozja/Zadnor quests. (I'm little surprised nobody has touched on this for WoL's optional equipment)

Those are maybe grounds for Resistance Modification. Otherwise, this isn't really the case. insert Frontline PvP dark knight here

Last edited:
Anyone in the instance can take the spot and perform the Active Time Maneuver (ATM) involved with that mechanic. (Something something Dynamis, something something Limit Break Logic in XIV).

In terms of stats, Tanks are preferred because they can handle the receiving damage better than a healer or DPS from that ATM.

May be grounds for a “Forcefield Creation via Dynamis (Susano’o feat here) & Tank Limit Break” rating of some kind— if it isn’t there already. These could probably be included in Endwalker/Dawntrail CRT’s.

Last edited:
Is anyone willing to update the WoL profile with Endwalker job abilities? I'm rewatching the story and am close to being done with Stormblood

I also have some stuff for Sage when I was making Alphinaud a profile, but I got bored of that too. It doesn't currently touch on Kardia since the Duty Support pals don't use class mechanics.

That's what the feat was referring to. The assumption is that since the forcefield's strength come from the twin grimoires, it might be able to output its power offensively.

That being said, the Bahamut scaling is pretty dubious, since that dude is a Primal copy of one Midgardsomr's child, not THE Bahamut that everyone knows.

Also, duty support/trust is the feature added to duties that let you run it alone with your other party members being bots, with the Trust system letting you fight alongside the Scions and some other dudes.

When I mean class mechanics, I mean stuff like Kardia, the Red Mage's mana balancing thing, Gunbreaker's cartridge skills outside of certain scenarios due to lore reasons, Dancer's partner system, etc.

Speaking of Primal Bahamut, we still need a calc for him involving Dalmund being destroyed since that would supply feats for Post-ARR and maybe Pre-ARR WoL.

The real Bahamut died a long time ago and you're fighting a piece of a heavily damaged Calamity Bahamut's soul. Calamity Bahamut is also > Real Bahamut as far as we can tell.

WoL doesn't scale to full Bahamut until Stormblood, and that's because you fight against Shinryu who has statements of being = to Calamity Bahamut.

Shmooply was working on the basic elements and I started making this snippet, but I got bored and stopped lmao.
I dont really think potency should be measured in job abilities on these pages. They're always subject to change with balance patches. With every expac from Endwalker onwards it looks like there's going to be another stat-squeeze anyhow.

(Especially with Dragoon and Astro getting overhauled in 7.0)

I dont really think potency should be measured in job abilities on these pages. They're always subject to change with balance patches. With every expac from Endwalker onwards it looks like there's going to be another stat-squeeze anyhow.

(Especially with Dragoon and Astro getting overhauled in 7.0)
Yeah, like I said. It's old.

The real Bahamut died a long time ago and you're fighting a piece of a heavily damaged Calamity Bahamut's soul. Calamity Bahamut is also > Real Bahamut as far as we can tell.

WoL doesn't scale to full Bahamut until Stormblood, and that's because you fight against Shinryu who has statements of being = to Calamity Bahamut.
Isn't the calamity bahamut the real one?

Also I said this in another thread and it may be worth mentioning.

Would Eureka & Bozja/Zadnor items be worth adding as optional equipment? Lost Actions are actually a little busted
It should be worth adding, but the problem is, if we add 1 time equipment to optional equipment, we'd have to include a massive number of them and the profile will be cluttered with a long list of items and abilities he only temporary had

So is the "Bahamut that everyone knows" referring to the real Bahamut or the primal that destroyed Dalamud?
Everyone in story is talking about the Bahamut that destroyed Dalamud, no one knows the real Bahamut's scaling other than at least on par with the other of the First Brood.

Literally no one who has made those scaling notes in-story know the original Bahamut. They're comparing to the primal that destroyed Dalamud.

The "Bahamut everyone knows" I suppose would be referring to some nebulous real Bahamut people see throughout the franchise. But realistically, that is kind of irrelevant. It is not like Bahamut is a Gilgamesh for the most part.

You can pray a lot of things to life in FFXIV, but that doesn’t mean they’re the genuine article. They’re imitations made of raw Aether.

Endwalker answers most of the mechanics as to how this happens through Dynamis more thoroughly than other expacs.

Last edited:
Back