• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have...no freaking idea. I asked on the calc page and am awaiting an answer. On an Unlrelated note. Where did you get that AC Tifa picture in your blog?

We are around 5.something times stronger than kirito!

That's 1.5 ZettaFoes.

If he is that strong at 20% he probably can take on caius since at 100% he'd be very close to our 4-As.

PaChi2 said:
We are around 5.something times stronger than kirito!
That's 1.5 ZettaFoes.
Remember Kirito did his universe shaking with just a part of his power, I think it was 20% or 25% so he should be 6 - 7.5 ZettaFoes?

@Bware: The one I used as her new profile pic? I googled "Tifa Render" and had to surf through a lot of NSFW fanart >_>. I forgot the exact source, sorry, but apparently it's an edit of her AC portrait to make a full body pic.

Oh really? I wonder why there is a bunch of NSFW Fanart for Tifa >_>. Ah thanks for letting me know. Was looking for someone to do an edit for someone else.

Welp brothers and sisters of this board let us rejoice and celebrate our claiming of the 4-A throne by adding this offical goregous CG render for our new 4-A King

DFFNT Squall PSN Render (1)
SeeD of Legend

The top of the tier is 1.053x1066 Meaning Kirito is at least above 1 ZettaFoe but not 2, maybe close to 1.5? So if we took the 20% power statement, at least a minimum of 5 ZettaFoe.

Watch me be horribly wrong in this, I can bet I am.

PaChi2 said:
@Tarta read my above comment.
My bad, the comment appeared while I was writing my response.

@Bwear: No problem. Still gonna replace it with her Dissidia NT model when she makes it. XD

Dang, Squall is looking good in that pic! Where is it from? Dissidia?

TartaChocholate said:
PaChi2 said:
@Tarta read my above comment.
My bad, the comment appeared while I was writing my response.
@Bwear: No problem. Still gonna replace it with her Dissidia NT model when she makes it. XD

Dang, Squall is looking good in that pic! Where is it from? Dissidia?
Yeah they released the CG full body renders of all Final Fantasy Protaganists, excluding Ramza and Ace.

TartaChocholate said:
Boy I am outdated, I though Caius and Light were 3-B. Lightning still has her low 2-C key for beating Bhunivelze, right? I didn't know most the galactic tier in FF were from scaling to Gilgamesh, given how over the top attacks can get I thought someone had already wrecked a galaxy cluster or two already >_>
EDIT: Let me know if you need help researching haxes for FFVIII, I can lend a hand with digging up information.
Here is a link to the message wall. I have two ability lists. The second one furtherst down is the most recent one. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2890499

Looking for lore on a MMO, especially a FF one, is gonna need a lot of reading.

One thing that's cool is that the PC can change between all of his classes in an instant, and doesn't seem to need to pull out his equipment or anything. I'll love to see how his profile looks if we can make it.

Ugh, not only the game itself, bet XIV has a truckload of side materials, such as guidebooks and perhaps novels and such detailing the plot points not covered in the game itself. It's gonna take a lot of work.

Switching skills on the fly is a huge deal. The XIV protagonist could have a massive skillset in his article thanks to that.

He does have a massive skillset, as I think it's canonical that he has all the classes. He even changes to the class already equipped with tge relevant equipment.

And the best part is the Echo they get bestowed with. Not only does it protect him from Tempering, pretty much mind control, from the Primals it is also the explanation for AoE markers appearing, warning him of impending Doom and severe injury. Every raid where you lose and are wiped out is described as the Echo letting you see a doomed possibility of the future, and redoing raids or battles in higher difficulty is using the Echo to relive memories of the fight and so, become stronger by overcoming it. Would still need to find where all this info is, of course.

Hst master said:
oof, I was wondering, because of the XV x XIV crossover a while back.
Crossovers aren't considered for upgrades as they aren't cannon. The only upgrade XV should get is due to Episode Ardyn

The XV side of the Crossover actually is canon to the story. The problem is when we get into dissidia and Mobius. Games like those

@Lancelot: Sounds crazy good if you ask me. There's also all the stuff regarding lore the protagonist would scale to or details from primals that affect him as well. But it would take a while

Say, been wondering about something. Is there any reference anywhere to how cold Shiva's Diamond Dust is? I want to see if I can get away with slapping Absolute Zero in the profiles =P

For that matter, given the series uses recurring summons, spells and abilities their properties could pass from one game to the other, even if the reference isn't explicit. Of course, they are not exactly the same and may have differing properties, but the nature itself of the move or summon could be shared.

I think we could slap the FF IV cas with resistance to AZ since they do tank Diamond Dust in a cutscene.

Also, God Kefka should receive AZ too.

Hmm, that sounds great, but can we make a case for it? I mean, Absolute Zero could be just a name, in the same way Big Bang Attack is not a Big Bang nor Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon (which is a pretty frggin badass name) is a star destroying move.

It would help if somewhere stated "Shiva (or this Ice Monster weaker than Shiva) can reach temperatures of Absolute Zero" or something along those lines.

EDIT: If it counts then anyone who can Summon Shiva should get it, but that's precisely why I think we really need to make a solid case given we're talking about spreading a lot a very OP ability here.

This is cool

@Tarta Absolute Zero is a very specific name for the attack. If it wasnt meant to be Absolute Zero, they could have named it Blizzaja or it could have been Blizzaga.

Its stated that Shiva freezes everything in an instant. Instantaneous freezing, even stuff like Ifrit (as seen in XV). You could make a case. She seems to negate durability.

"The empress of ice, wreathed in frost. She is known for her signature move, 'Diamond Dust', which freezes everything in an instant."

Just from that description and the name, I feel it's a rather conclusive case. Also! What a combo of innocent, not working innocent magical girls and that song.

Hnnnnnggg....! Sounds so good! I really don't want to be a buzzkill but, * takes a deep breath *

@PaChi and Lancelot: That's her description in Dissidia right? I remember it, a while back I was looking for for evidence for Absolute Zero in Final Fantasy and came across that. However, the the Absolute Zero Feats in Fictio page says this:

Things That Are NOT Foolproof Indicators of Absolute Zero

• Flash Freezing: Any sufficiently powerful ice user is able to flash freeze most objects since every material has a freezing point. As a result, it is not a proper indicator of absolute zero.
and the Absolute Zero page states:

Absolute Zero is the point of cold at which enthalpy and entropy hit their minimum level. It is the ultimate form of freezing and in the theoretical situation that someone is exposed to it, their body will be frozen at the atomic level before collapsing under their own mass since the loss of energy causes the atoms to lose their cohesiveness.

So, flash freezing while formidable in its own right, is not quite enough. A better case can be done, as you guys mention, with the name of the skill being Absolute Zero in conjunction with the powerful flash freezing. But I still think we need a step further.

A good thing is that the japanese name of the technique is þÁÂÕ»¥ÚøÂÕ║ª (Zettai Reido) which is actually Absolute Zero in japanese, meaning is not a translation issue.

Also, in Crisis Core enemies can also use an ability called Absolute Zero on Zack, perhaps we can work that as well, though there is not even non-elemental and its used by a normal enemy.

That also raises another doubt for me. Would this make Ifrit's fire count as Hellfire Manipulation? Descriptions in the lore would help there as well.

"An eidolon called the Ice Queen. Her beauty hides a cold heart that leaves enemies frozen forever."

"The summon Shiva wields ice and snow to send all that live into eternal sleep. The Ice Queen's frosty breath instantaneously freezes enemies, before a graceful snap of her fingers shatters the ice forever..."

Now we're talking! I assume the first quote is from IV, the second is from X? IIRC that's where she finishes Diamond Dust with a pretty sassy finger snap.

Hmmm.... I think we can also make a case for Ifrit having Hellfire manipulation.

We have this stuff:

From FFXIV official website:

"Even amongst the primals, Ifrit is highly given to savagery, his temper quick to erupt in a conflagration of death. His breath ignites the very air, his claws melt the strongest steel, and his twisted horns scorch the heavens. Those who would face him must be prepared to withstand the fires of hell."

This exchange in Dissidia 012:

Ifrit: The flames of hell turn all to dust. Power will decide the victor." Vaan: "Flames of hell? I've heard that before... I don't know you, but will you help me?" Ifrit: "I am Ifrit. I shall lend my strength, Champions of Cosmos." Vaan: "Hm... Okay. Well, nice to meet you Ifrit.

Not to mention the several descriptions about him about hellish and infernal. It may be worth a look.

ARRGH XV SPOILERS THEY BUUUUURRNNNN!!!

Yeah, I still havent' played XV and by some miracle and twist of fate I've managed to avoid almost everything regarding the plot. I have to get to it as soon as I finish replaying VII (either that or go for KH III).

It may be worth asking knowledgeable members. Can the person who made the Eden calc help in this case?

I asked in the calc group forum if the feat could be calculated. Im waiting for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back