• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a thread to request calculations, but given the amount of requests it's hard to get attention of the team. Though given this affects the high key of an entire cast it may be worth more consideration.

"Would making calculations help? I mean, check how much destructive power Eden's attack has and see if it manages to reach 3-C's minimum. Is destroying the whole Galaxy in one go necessary? I know it's a silly question, but I've seen feats of blowing up a building be classified as City Block level, or Satan's feat in Devilman Crybaby of splitting the moon in half with a beam is considered Planet Level, for example."

I think it needs a calculation. Its 4-A at the bare minimun and depending on maybe speed and such it may reach 3-C. But we need the calc.

I asked one of the calc members if he could help. I think we need the full scene for a proper calc as the speed of the explosion is important.

The calc is 8 zettafoes.

Galaxy level is 2.5 zettafoes higher.

So... People who are superior to people who are superior to Eden may get baseline 3-C.

Its roughly a x1.3 jump to 3-C.

We are likely to be the highest ranked 4-A verse AP wise.

1) we have a calc.

2) the calc puts us so high in 4-A some of the profiles will remain 3-C

3) the 4-As will be the strongest in 4-A AP wise.

4) Also we are in the trillions FTL.

You can make Kirby matches now!

To be honest, I think it's better to be at the high end of a lower tier than at the bottom of a higher one, especially given fair matchups between characters from different tiers are very rare. Not very fun being Planet Level if you're just gonna be the punching bag of stronger planet busters >_>.

I really don't see how getting downgraded is good news. I'd rather be a weak 3-C than a really strong 4-A. Speed upgrade is nice but in most match ups speed is equalized anyway.

TartaChocholate said:
You can make Kirby matches now!
To be honest, I think it's better to be at the high end of a lower tier than at the bottom of a higher one, especially given fair matchups between characters from different tiers are very rare. Not very fun being Planet Level if you're just gonna be the punching bag of stronger planet busters >_>.
FF8 vs Castlevania, Persona 3 & 5, Kid Icarus and Sword Art Online when

Ah, right, I think this would dethrone Star King Kirito as the strongest 4-A of the site (AP wise).

And look at all the cool new matchups we have now.

Thier could have been some good match ups in 3-C hell I did one a while back but no one commented. Speaking of this how far into 3-C are Final Fantasy's 5 and 13-2?

PaChi2 said:
The same. They all scale from Gilgamesh, who scales to Eden.
If that's the case wouldn't Gilgamesh, Bartz, Lightning, Serah, Noel, and Caius all be downgraded too?

As I said, we should probably work the scaling.

Because Caius >= Lightning > Serah and Noel > Gilgamesh

Caius and Light can likely keep the 3-C.

Boy I am outdated, I though Caius and Light were 3-B. Lightning still has her low 2-C key for beating Bhunivelze, right? I didn't know most the galactic tier in FF were from scaling to Gilgamesh, given how over the top attacks can get I thought someone had already wrecked a galaxy cluster or two already >_>

EDIT: Let me know if you need help researching haxes for FFVIII, I can lend a hand with digging up information.

There was also talk of Lightning getting a massive speed upgrade for her Low 2-C Key a while back wasn't there?

PaChi2 said:
Bring me Kirito's head!
Funny enough I was gonna put Cloud against Kirito for thier 4-B keys but if TartaChocholate's FFVII Revision Thread gets accepted it'll be a hax stomp in Cloud's favor. Guess now it'll be Squall vs Kirito for the 4-A Throne. SeeD of Legend vs The Star King

I don't think Kirito has a 3-C Key so it'll probably be a mismatch unless 5 and 13-2 also get downgraded

Bware1 said:
PaChi2 said:
Bring me Kirito's head!
Funny enough I was gonna put Cloud against Kirito for thier 4-B keys but if TartaChocholate's FFVII Revision Thread gets accepted it'll be a hax stomp in Cloud's favor. Guess now it'll be Squall vs Kirito for the 4-A Throne
Ah, right. Sorry... May seem things are on hiatus with no news, but I am working hard on it. Just that following advice, I decided to move it to a blog and work there. There have been quite a few additions since then for everybody, especially Sephiroth (also decided to take advantage of the Switch release to replay FFVII and verify stuff, I found many good details to iron out information). Though some cleanup is also needed.

I wanted to work on Zack as well, but given how different his whole gear and skillset is it would need its own research, especially how long it's taking the rest.

TartaChocholate said:
Bware1 said:
PaChi2 said:
Bring me Kirito's head!
Funny enough I was gonna put Cloud against Kirito for thier 4-B keys but if TartaChocholate's FFVII Revision Thread gets accepted it'll be a hax stomp in Cloud's favor. Guess now it'll be Squall vs Kirito for the 4-A Throne
Ah, right. Sorry... May seem things are on hiatus with no news, but I am working hard on it. Just that following advice, I decided to move it to a blog and work there. There have been quite a few additions since then for everybody, especially Sephiroth (also decided to take advantage of the Switch release to replay FFVII and verify stuff, I found many good details to iron out information).
I wanted to work on Zack as well, but given how different his whole gear and skillset is it would need its own research, especially how long it's taking the rest.
Can't wait to see the end result of this updated blog. So many Final Fantasy Revisions so little time 7 and 8, soon 10 and a small one for 15 due to Episode Ardyn, possibly ones for 9 & 12+creation of Type-0 Profiles if anyone one wants to help with that.

Bware1 said:
I don't think Kirito has a 3-C Key so it'll probably be a mismatch unless 5 and 13-2 also get downgraded
If Kirito is pretty high in 4-A (idk where he stands) and has some buffs the match might be fair.

I didn't know match ups between different tiers are even allowed. I can check as we know Kirito is currently the highest 4-A at least until Squall and Co get affected.

They are as long as the lower tier has a viable way to fight back. Though usually the first posts of the thread are analyzing if the matchup works out before proceeding.

I think the Beast from Infamous had a streak taking on higher tiers thanks to his incredibly powerful skillset.

Bware1 said:
I didn't know match ups between different tiers are even allowed. I can check as we know Kirito is currently the highest 4-A at least until Squall and Co get affected.
I mean, our 4-As would be so high most of them could take on baseline 3-Cs without any issue.

Bware1 said:
Can't wait to see the end result of this updated blog. So many Final Fantasy Revisions so little time 7 and 8, soon 10 and a small one for 15 due to Episode Ardyn, possibly ones for 9 & 12+creation of Type-0 Profiles if anyone one wants to help with that.
Thanks! If you're curious the progress can be seehere . Though, the final results of the blog won't be the new profiles, rather the newest proposal so it can change by then as well.

I hadn't noticed Type 0 didn't have profiles, I did notice Y'shtola didn't have one, pretty sure XIV being a MMORPG with a pantheon must have some insane high tiers.

TartaChocholate said:
Bware1 said:
Thanks! If you're curious the progress can be seehere . Though, the final results of the blog won't be the new profiles, rather the newest proposal so it can change by then as well.
I hadn't noticed Type 0 didn't have profiles, I did notice Y'shtola didn't have one, pretty sure XIV being a MMORPG with a pantheon must have some insane high tiers.
Type-0's base could be 6-A Continent Level scaling off the Ultima Bomb feat. They could end up being a alot higher by the end of the game. Also absolutely I'm sure a MMO as crazy as FFXIV has some insanely OP stuff just waiting to be tapped.

PaChi2 said:
Bware1 said:
I mean, our 4-As would be so high most of them could take on baseline 3-Cs without any issue.
We've got the number Kirito is 1.5118952e+65 joules https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Energy_Required_to_Shake_the_Universe translating to foe it's 1.5118952e+21

So, uh... how much is that in Zettafoes? We also have to remember that Kirito shook the universe with 20% of his power or something like that, so his AP should be higher than his calc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back