• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread I: Four travelers and four crystals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, you are not. I think it'd easily surpass any of the currently ongoing shonens.

And, now that we are at it... Silent Hill would be one of the most hardcore and cool animes you could hope for.

I always thought Silent Hill could be a American Horror Storyish Show(Those movies were meh).

I honestly hope Square would greenlight something like that. As long as it's not rushed or dragged on, I could see it being something like Jojos and Dissidia could be Specials or OVAs.

I cannot send links because pitiful phone Master race, but The Price of Freedom will never leave my heart. It's the kind of thing that gave me a honest to God morale boost during a hard test.

Imagine the biggest of whoopsies I experienced when I found out Crisis Core was just a prequel and side game...

Speaking of Crisis Core, I hope info on 7 remake comes out before I cave and buy VII. That said considering they ported Type-0 to PS4 I'm surprised they didn't do the same with the Older Dissidias and Crisis Core.

Final Fantasy following the Jojo format could work out. I'd watch it, really. Especially from older games where the cast wasn't as fleshed out (Would be cool to see the Dissidia Warrior of Light and the other 3 in their whole adventure).

I dunno about a Silent Hill anime. I can't separate the realistic aesthetic. I can see them as a japanese film or CGI production, but have a little trouble imagining an art style to fit the atmosphere of the games >_< Too used to more realistic models.

@Lancelot: I personally have more mixed feelings about Crisis Core, I think it has important shortcomings that draw it back, but what's good is absolutely excellent.

To be fair, if it has a subtitle, then it's pretty likely that entry is a sequel or spinoff. All main one are just Final Fantasy * insert roman number *

I really hope my man Zack has a better scene than the one optional cutscene he had in the original.

Oh, and I said anime for 2 reasons:

1) I think the silent hill lore is too deep to cover in just a couple of movies.

2) A realistic real life series would be over the top expensive, it'd be too much to last.

That's what I am hoping from the Remake as well, that they don't change the main story, but they expand on several aspects that could go in-depth, with Zack's role in Cloud's story, Gongaga and the events of their escape moved to the main plot instead of easter eggs (for example: the Cloud's mind segment could fit nicely him coming to terms with Zack's death and living for him as well).

On Silent Hill:

1. I agree, unless they covered a single game, but it would feel too much they left out stuff.

2. You got me there, I had forgotten about that, but I agree as well. But the artwork IMO would need to be very little stylized or perhaps follow styles like of Junji Ito?

Omg. Zack's last stand.

That moment. Please. Let us play it. With The Price of Freedom. I dont care if it is DLC. That moment. Give it to us Square, please.

Also, the last Cloud vs Sephiroth battle, I want a way of making it an actual battle, a challenge, I know its supposed to be symbolic, but I want to beat Sephiroth 1 vs 1. Even if you win the fight in CC, you lose in the cutscenes.

It could work as a flashback now. Even better, in the segment in Cloud's mind you can get to see Zack's last stand once more and play it with Price of Freedom and everything, Cloud remembering that was the moment he broke down but also the key point in his life.

Sephy didn't beat Zack, some low 4-C stairs did. ovo

Would be pretty cool to finally beat Sephiroth's ass outside of Dissidia. Perhaps the Nibelheim flashback also has the fight, but is interrupted? (Some people consider that Part 1 of the Remake could wrap up nicely with the Nibelheim incident and Sephy's fight as a final boss of sorts) And then you finally get sweet payback 1 on 1 on him in their spiritual battle. If they want to keep the non-loseable aspect they can go like in Yu Yevon's battle and make Cloud re-raise in case you lose.

Being totally honest, Zack's Last Stand is like the perfect kind of build up that I could only hope I would get to see in most stories I watch. It's emotional in all the most bittersweet ways, yet it feels so grand, and like it connects everything that came prior and things that will come after.

It'll always give me the weirdest taste on the mouth to think how prosperous everything was around Zack's time, then compare Shinra then to... well, everything near the end of FF7. And Advent Children.

It's what makes Zack such a tragic figure, he was such a talented and ideal guy: charismatic, strong, brave, kind, loyal, friendly... yet he had to meet such a sudden end and his victories were cut short so abruptly.

Though FFVII simply shows that Shinra's goodwill and stability are a facade and how corrupt and twisted things really are behind the scenes and how much damage is really being done by their procedures. Zack was just unfortunate to be caught in that front display (and to be fair, he had no way of knowing better) and be played by Shinra until he was in a situation he could do little on his own. He laments as much in Nibelheim when talking with Cloud.

Mhm, so much that could have been potentially avoided with some finickling around. Sephiroth's mind break, Zack's Fate, Hojo's... Hojo's entire self.

Also, I gotta remember to finish Terra's game.

Yeah, precisely why Crisis Core is like a sledgehammer to the liver, everything went to hell but it could have gone much, much better. Though I don't know if Sephiroth would have remained sane much longer, it's pretty clear he was a very damaged individual since a long time ago, Nibelheim was what set him off.

His main issues were condensed on his general sensation of disconnection from others and questioning of his own humanity. If, unlike Genesis lovely and very unneeded explanation of the way he was born, which was also entirely untrue just like Sephiroth's belief about being the last Setra, it was told to him about Lucrecia and the love she had for him... well, a small chance but a chance.

Could work as a "Show me how much you've grown" type of scenario. Though part of me doesn't want it. Part of the message in the original was that the dead stay dead, life is ephemeral and when it's gone is gone for good, so interacting freely with their spirits kinda cheapens the sense of loss and, at worst, takes away weight from Zack's sacrifice.

I mean, I dont know how they could make it work it out. But it could range from a very cool thing to terrible. Maybe in a flashback Zack is giving Cloud a swordmanship lesson and you fight him.

@PaChi2: That could actually work very well. I can perfectly see Zack, during a casual conversation, finding out Cloud wanted to be SOLDIER, Cloud hesitates and comments how such aspiration is too much for him (during Crisis Core Cloud was more cheerful, but he still had crippling confidence issues), to which Zack calls him out and tells him that with an attitude like that it is indeed impossible and convinces Cloud to train with him.

@Lancelot: Pretty much, a double edged sword. It can backfire horribly but done well it can be glorious.

Btw, I think we should downgrade our 3-C guys to 4-A.

This is the feat. After rewatching it, Im not sure if the galaxy is completely destroyed.

Also, Genesis and Angeal need a rework in their profiles.

I actually agree with that. It is unclear as to if the galaxy is completely destroyed or not. It certainly seems to cause a rather large explosion in relation to said galaxy though. I think 4-A is probably more accurate.

I disagree with that. The ending scene of Eden's blast was cut just before the big bang at the end. You can even hear the enormous boom at the end indicating something greater than what was shown.

I mean, even if there is a bang (yeah, I had heard it before posting here), we dont see the galaxy being destroyed. The only thing we can claim for certain is that at least one big chunk of the galaxy is destroyed, but not the totality of it.

I would change the current ratings to "At least 5-A, likely 4-A, possibly higher".

In fact, maybe we could get it calculated?

It will probably upgrade everyone and their mother to MFTL+

I was playing Crisis Core a little while ago with no previous knowledge of FFVII.

I lost my game around the time I think that Genesis was going to appear again and Sephiroth was about to learn about his origin and Jenova.

Which is a sucky time to lose it.

Their is still the feat of defeating Griever and of course Ultimecia herself and Quistis is able to utlize Shockwave Pulsar. Possibly MFTL+ I can maybe see.

I dont think Shockwave Pulsar is anything close to creating a galaxy unless there is a description that I missed. Its just a big explosion of light.

I mean, that only takes the 5-A out of the equation in their rating (which iirc it already is). Still not enough to make Griever 3-C imo.

Yeah but Ultimecia is only 3-C because she is stronger then Eden. Ultimecia doesn't have any 3-C feats herself (other then her low 2-C feat)

Interestingly, ultimecia's strongest attack (She can only cast it with 3 of those helix things summoned which amplify her power) is Great Attractor where she grabs a bunch of planets and flings them at the party.

PaChi2 said:
Btw, I think we should downgrade our 3-C guys to 4-A.
This is the feat. After rewatching it, Im not sure if the galaxy is completely destroyed.

Also, Genesis and Angeal need a rework in their profiles.
Would making calculations help? I mean, check how much destructive power Eden's attack has and see if it manages to reach 3-C's minimum. Is destroying the whole Galaxy in one go necessary? I know it's a silly question, but I've seen feats of blowing up a building be classified as City Block level, or Satan's feat in Devilman Crybaby of splitting the moon in half with a beam is considered Planet Level, for example.

Zack also needs reworking, a lot of his stuff and abilities are missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back