• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a better place to discuss wheter or not we should upgrade Irene, August, Acnologia, Igneel, Zeref and FDKM Natsu based on Irene's feat of shrinking Fiore to 1/20 of it's original size. Here is DT's calc of Fiore's size.

Continuing from the discussion here, since that's probably not the right place to discuss this.

Well, i put the main 3 ones getting the upgrade in the topics, and this is supposed to be a continuation of that discussion, but fine.

eileen got calced already and its well within the continental range

however she needed heavy prep for this, therefore it does not scale to her initial AP output - and it very well does not scale to anyone, given that we do not scale preparation feats

the prep started in 486 and the feat happened in 490

Prepare yourself Raven. I think you said what a few of us were thinking.. just didn't wanna burst the, err, bubble.

Kept telling myself to avoid this topic but aaaah. I honestly think this scales to no-one, though.

yeha. i am prepared for the "upgrade run" which is bound to happen after something like this happens to a series...however its good to know you and others are on the same boat as i am.

Irene's feat happned on chapter 489. 490 was the chapter we saw the result. Also, the only time we saw Irene preparing her spell was on chapter 486. The preparation time cannot be known. It could be a few seconds or it could be a few minutes. Anyway, her preparations took place while Gajeel was fighting and Gajeel's fight didn't last more than a few minutes. By the time the battle was over Irene was already talking to Acnologia.

The only way I can see it being accepted is by prep and hax with the move. And if it does, it won't scale to anyone.

I'm pretty sure that the only prep she did was spreadin her magic through the country in that one chapter 486(prove is that Zeref felt the change of magic throught the land in that same chapter) than she looked for Acnologia she found him on chapter 488 than enchanted the country with the magic that she initially spreaded in chapter 486.

Even if nobody gets the scaling Acnologia should still get it sense it validates the statement about him destroyin Countries.

Countries in ishgar = near if not continent sized

Let's say Hiro intended her to be near country lvl in ft standards since fairy heart is country lvl ap.

Acnologia busting a country in his prime should be thus credible now and he should be high 6-B

August and Zeref should scale since there above her and know of the spell she used to do it.

And all and all Irene is an enchanter it took a lot of magic to do so while fairy heart has an infinite amount of magic and is stated to only "possibly" be able to surpass Acnologia so he has more magic than her +11 other Spriggans + Zeref combined.

For further proof August is stated strongest of the 12 by narration August the strongest of the twelve and King of *all* magic http://www.mangafreak.io/Read1_Fairy_Tail_487_5#gohere

Even he didn't bother challenging Acno: http://www.mangafreak.io/Read1_Fairy_Tail_471_3#gohere

And keep in mind this spell was just a means to keep Acnologia away and buy them time

Well, if Eileen indeed performed a High 6-B level feat, the question is whether we should count it as a hax, as preparation, or as actual attack potency.

Also, given the scale of Eileen's feat, should we start to use Brandish's 6-C display again, would the durability scale accordingly, and which characters should we scale from it?

My problems with this upgrade:

-The amount of prep. required.

-The fact that I have a hard time seeing this as AP rather than hax. Sure it shrunk Fiore but it did absolutely nothing to damage any characters within it. Not even the nameless fodder. How do we know it has any offensive purpose and is capable of harming characters of that durability? So yeah, hax with continental range, not AP.

-This is more a personal gripe but if we accepted this and scaled the relevant people, it would mean that we have a fair amount of mages who are casually on Etherion's level. With Etherion being constantly portrayed as the strongest weapon in the FT-verse and one of the reasons Alvarez ceased its previous invasion, I don't think anyone should be stronger than it besides maybe Acnologia.

If this does end up geting accepted the only people who would scale to its AP would maybe be Acnologia simply because he's meant to be >>> everyone else (despite his dissapointing feats so far).

Antvasima said:
Well, if Eileen indeed performed a High 6-B level feat, the question is whether we should count it as a hax, as preparation, or as actual attack potency.
Also, given the scale of Eileen's feat, should we start to use Brandish's 6-C display again, would the durability scale accordingly, and which characters should we scale from it?
Its more Hax not Attack potency,becaus she not damaged every character in Fiore.

She Only Shirk the Country and use Teleport at all,i think is Hax High 6-b but no Attack Potency.

What you think,should we waiting for more feats for high character for a Upgrade??

I mean Irene magic was cool but no one get hurt by this Magic,is not like Brandish who can Shirk people,she Only shirk the Country.

I don't think the attack had to damage anyone. If it was an attack on them, a Country Level attack would have beaten almost everyone except Acnologia and a few other people. Irene didn't shrink the country though, that's the word Zeref used to describe what Irene did.

As for scaling, that has yet to be decided. Either a few people can be scaled, alot of people could be scaled, or no one could be scaled.

FinalBattleX01 said:
My problems with this upgrade:
-The amount of prep. required.

-The fact that I have a hard time seeing this as AP rather than hax. Sure it shrunk Fiore but it did absolutely nothing to damage any characters within it. Not even the nameless fodder. How do we know it has any offensive purpose and is capable of harming characters of that durability? So yeah, hax with continental range, not AP.

-This is more a personal gripe but if we accepted this and scaled the relevant people, it would mean that we have a fair amount of mages who are casually on Etherion's level. With Etherion being constantly portrayed as the strongest weapon in the FT-verse and one of the reasons Alvarez ceased its previous invasion, I don't think anyone should be stronger than it besides maybe Acnologia.

If this does end up geting accepted the only people who would scale to its AP would maybe be Acnologia simply because he's meant to be >>> everyone else (despite his dissapointing feats so far).
This^^

August scales being king of all magic and being stronger than her by narration

Acnologia doesn't really need scaling his country busting feat should be valid by now which would make things easier in this case.

That and he arguably has nigh infinite amount of energy since fairy heart with infinite amount of energy is only possibly able to surpass him.

Everyone else has finite magical reserves and don't even bother taking him head on w/o fairy heart.

But again we'll see this was simply used for BFR and we should get more feats either way

This is literally the same thing that happened with Brandish. Eileen did the same thing Brandish did but required prep. Like I said, the only way I can see this being accepted is hax and prep with that one move she did, and it scales to no-one.

And what country busting feats did Acnologia do? They were all from statements. He could have destroyed the country over time.

I still don't see the "prep" we are talking about. I don't think a few minutes or so is something to consider prep. For all we know, it might not even need prep.

even if it were just a few minutes (which it most likely was not since she specifically noted she had to prep intensively and it spanned several chapters) - the prep time is way to much to consider it useful in a vs battle and apply it to anyone in the verse

also i dont recall any country busting feat from acnologia - where has this happened exactly?

RavenSupreme said:
also i dont recall any country busting feat from acnologia - where has this happened exactly?
Right after the first timeskip, before Team Tenrou came back, someone in FT (i think it was Warren) mentioned that Acno had once busted a country, while holding a history book about dragons. We don't accept that statement because there's no proof of it being true, it happened hundreds of years ago and we don't know the size of the country in question.

I don't see the reason to actually have Universe One in her profile, or have her classified as 6B with hax, just like Brandish. It's not like it would help her in battle. Just as Brandish's 6C with hax amounts to nothing. The thing is that this spell was not offensive. Trying to consider it as one is wrong. That's the reason the spell didn't kill even the weakest characters. It was not the point. But she still changed the landscape of a whole country, so the energy to do that is still there.

Having preperation time or not is irrelevant in this case, since it is not meant to be used to defeat the opponent. Which was clearly shown in her battle with Acnologia. What needs to be calculated is the energy needed to perform that spell. Then it can be scaled just fine to characters of equal or greater power than hers.

but he said: he was able to destroy a country of its own - that does not automatically translate into "he loloneshot it"

not that it matters much tho...

I'm still not certain if it was even prep to begin with. Also, several chapter =/= long prep. Besides, when Zeref asked what Irene was up to, she was already using a spell. That's probably what Zeref sensed.

http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/486/13 (Irene did something to the ground)

http://www.**********.com/fairy-tail/486/20 (Zeref touches ground and questions what Irene is doing.)

For all we know, that wasn't even for Universe One.

RavenSupreme said:
but he said: he was able to destroy a country of its own - that does not automatically translate into "he loloneshot it"
That's just another reason we don't accept it.

I'm pretty sure if a fodder can warp a country and not have her magic energy drained and can do so w/o multiple spells but just one Acnologia did so in one shot he's never shown using more than one breath.Besides by that logic any busting statement would be not accepted due to uncertainty.Not that this one has any basis

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the only person to get a upgrade be Irene?

Im guessing universe one is around country level but she should only be country level with that move, similar to Brandish who's only Island level because of her hax. Also the move didn't really hurt or kill anyone, all she did was shrink the land not straight up destroy it.

In fact the whole purpose of using universe one was to take Acnologia somewhere far away and to bring Zeref closer to Fairy Heart.

i think it was my second response regarding this thread

continental level is the calced result (which would be 6a) but since it does not translate into her AP and is also not applicable as energy output in a one time go but needs prep its close to useless to use

however it should still be noted in her profile "can restructure and shrink an entire kingdom with her magic and preparation time up to a continental level result"

just like haru glory has 6B as tier but in the description its stated he can seal up to planetary attacks

Haru's ability is quite different to what Irene used and is used for battle. Also, Haru's sealing sword, Runesave, doesn't need any energy from the user, in order to actually work, unlike Irene, in which she is using her power to activate the spell. It's the right decision to not have Haru's planetary sealing in his tiering, since Haru doesn't use any energy at all. However, on Irene's case the energy is there. Just as Natsu is using his own energy to use his spell, same thing happens here with Irene.

it doesnt matter how and what ability another character has from a different verse

i was strictly speaking from the way these kind of feats who does not translate into AP but still should be considered are portraied in their profiles

and like many have already mentioned: energy or not, when it cant be scaled to anyones AP it is not tiering material

hence the comparison to HG

its not "possible" prep time. its literal stated to be required prep time.

on top of being a just a better brandish move

Are you sure about that? What does this mean then: "Also, kindly remember that Attack Potency is the measure of Destructive Capacity of an attack, and as such, is measured via its energy damage equivalent. Hence, characters that destroy mountains or islands are not automatically mountain or island level. The attack potency depends upon the energy output of the attack, not the area of effect of the attack."

You should remember that Magic in Fairy Tail takes energy to cast. Lucy is a prime example of this; In the beginning of the series, summoning her spirits severely drained her of Magic, hence she couldn't move. As seen in her fight with Angel.

"Energy output of the attack"

Stored energy does not necessarily equal energy output. With that logic Naruto characters like Kisame who are stated to have the chakra levels of a Biju would be as strong as them, which they obviously aren't.

RavenSupreme said:
its not "possible" prep time. its literal stated to be required prep time.

on top of being a just a better brandish move
Actually possible prep time, we don't know for sure if she prepped for Universe One. For all we know, she was just excited to get the war moving along. Zeref even stated that she is trying to finish the war as fast as possible. It's because it's not explicitly stated to be prep that there is uncertainty. We are just assuming that, it might not even be true. Besides, if she's atleast 7-B, how does she collect high 6-B energy in such a short amount of time. Seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back