• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 5

So he defeated a 50% power dragon god, and it wasnt an easy defeat. So i guess he still isnt capable of challenging a dragon god at their best, or acnologia for that matter. Pretty much shows that without the help of everyone against acno, he woulnt have won.

Wait, why is Ignia's Fire Natsu Low 6-B? The Mercuphobia that he beat was at half power, he's just higher into High 6-C in that form.

From what the manga implies, Mercuphobia was just holding back earlier in the fight, he wasn't restricted by some external force to use only half his power, he was choosing to not go all out because he was seeing his opponents as weak, he got serious when Natsu started winning, that's why when he got serious in the latest chapter, Mercuphobia's Roar was far stronger than before, because he was using his full power, so Natsu did beat the Full Power Mercuphobia, because he stopped holding back

I guess for the same reason that a Lion wouldn't use his full power to squash an Ant
11A74A9D-01B6-4B16-AD56-68DD1F0DC2CA
It's described he isn't serious yet, and is holding back

If Mercuphobia was holding back then we give him a At Least. We can't just give him a new tier without a calc or anything that makes him Low 6B unless from something else that has him there

There's one thing I don't get, Natsu says he can't beat Mercuphobia on his own, and he needs help from his friends, so Erza and Gray each do one small attack that holds him down that didn't really do much, and then Natsu lands one final punch that defeats him, 99.99% of the battle was fought by Natsu, I mean Natsu was doing just fine on his own and if Gray and Erza didn't do those small attacks, he still probably would have landed the final punch and won the fight, Natsu really did solo that fight, he was downplaying himself hard

That's just Hiro being Hiro so that's just something you should ignore. At best I'd say they apliled moral support for Natsu, aside from that they didn't really do much of anything. This also makes me wonder what if the new generations of Dragon Slayers fought Merc instead of Natsu, it'd be funny to see them getting yeeted on.

Natsu: Guys I need your support

Gray and Erza: Right! Performs Attacks

Natsu: No, I meant moral support, you can't do jack in terms of power or attacks, you basically can't scratch him, I mean look at me, I've been wrecking him this whole fight, you guys don't need to do anything

Gray and Erza: But...

Natsu: Ssshhhhh... Just let the main character use his OP power to defeat the big bad, while you guys cheer my name

Lucy: That's what I've been doing guys, you need to learn, I'm here to bring back Natsu to sanity with a hug, I'm not fighting that thing

Natsu: This is why you're my favorite Lucy

Gray and Erza: Sobs... :(

It feels like Hiro just being Hiro indeed, but playing Devil's Advocate for a little (even if it's pretty simply pushing the Nakama thing), it feels like Natsu trying to force it into his mind that it isn't just him and that his friends are actually there and he needs them.

Buuuuuuuut.... yeah, that kinda falls on it's face from their actual performance.

I still think this form only scales to half power Merc. Touka controls his power output, and as stated by Ignia, he was using 50%

^I disagree, he was only holding back, Touka can max someone's magic or make it 0, that's what she said, why would she restrict him to 50%, the dialogue hints that Mercuphobia just wasn't serious, not that he was being held back by Touka, also pretty sure she wanted to let him loose and use his full power to destroy Team Natsu, regardless this could always get clarified in a later chapter, but for now, the story suggests he just wasn't serious, so we should assume that Mercuphobia could use his full power and did during the fight with Natsu

I'm wondering if Natsu is gonna be stronger on his own after this fight, I mean it's stated when a dragon slayer beats a dragon they get stronger, I wonder if Natsu's Base is now way stronger

Due to Ignia's rather direct words and everything else said, I would have to disagree that he was going all out, when there's literally no indication of it at all. Or that he did at least by the end of it, there was no visible change in Mercuphobia by the time Ignia had left and Natsu started dealing with him.

And, don't they actually have to partake of the flesh or the blood or anything and not just... defeat a dragon? It'd be the weirdest thing if you just defeat it and boom, power boost.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I'm wondering if Natsu is gonna be stronger on his own after this fight, I mean it's stated when a dragon slayer beats a dragon they get stronger, I wonder if Natsu's Base is now way stronger
They get stronger after bathing in dragon blood, as wiesslogia states, i doubt wdg is dead, still Natsu needs to cut him down and take a bath.

What if he gets wdg powers? After bathing im his blood? Both fire and water at same time

Water doesnt really fit natsu. I would rather have him get a power boost & maybe a new aesthetic to his dragon force. Indicating he's getting stronger like a horn similiar to Merc's.

Hax I just want hax. That said, Natsu killing anything in cold blood so as to get stronger, even if it's for a good reason just seems way ooc for him.

Why laxus didn't have resistance to poison and magic nullification resistance? He was able to take bane particle effect for whole year

And lucy resistance to spatial manipulation and bfr(even if it's a single time)

Question: do we have at least an idea of the heat of Natsu's flames? It's been killing me for like a year and a half that we don't have it

Means Natsu flame is at least 20k┬░C +? Since Lightning is x4 times sun surface which is either 4000┬░C~5000┬░C

Natsu is casually 4x Hotter than the Sun, Ha, no wonder he can burn Souls, Time, and Death

I feel like some character need a crt regarding there ability, but i wll wait till anime finish.

Btw did anyone can re-calc acnologia blasting the tenoru island, cause i feel like previous calc was lowballed a lot+ Jellal sema(only because i don't trurt narutofroums

I recalced Acno's roar on my own time, and it resulted in single digit gigatons.

Still nothing impressive compared to his actual strength.

As for the meteor, you are right, narutoforums did lowball the **** out of it.

Gonna post the calc in a bit.

@Aubin

As far as I know, we took all the scalings from narutoforums and simply replaced the speed. Unless you mean some other calc that I don't know of.

I am honestly neutral on the subject of "did it come from space or not".

Logically it would make sense for it to be from space, but at the same time, it was never shown to enter from space, and Irene's Sema is superior, so maybe only hers comes from space.

We don't have enough info to prove that Jellal's Sema is indeed from space in my opinion.

But as I said, I could see both possibilities happen, so I'll let others decide this.

Honestly I'm not sure if Jellal's Sema actually came from space or not. I always assumed that Jellal made the meteorite rather than summoning it. Using the Irene Deus Sema argument didn't make much sense in my eyes since it relies on scaling Jellal's method of summoning the meteorite to Irene's. Which seems like a Fallacy By Association in my opinion. We know how Irene summons her's we don't really know about Jellal. Anyway we should make a separate thread for discussing the method since I know a user who doesn't like the coming from space method.

If the High-End gets accepted, and thats an if

There may be enough of a scaling chain to make the Spriggans...

At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C

But that's a discussion for another thread

Back