• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 5

Doesn't seem like end, just "new powerful state make control be lost" shenanigans.

Not entirely happy with this being done, but I at least hope it pans out something nice.

CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! Could I ask for a more perfect chapter, The fight against the Water God Dragom wasn't an asspull, Natsu needed help and still won and had an awesome fight, also there is some nice possible corruption story arc for Natsu, with becoming a monster, and to top it off, we get a Nalu Moment, 100 Year Quest has been killing it, 11/10 Chapter, please let the greatness continue

I didn't notice before but Lucy was getting burned hugging him. It's interesting how he still calls the attacks "Fire Dragon King's".

Edit: Yooo his arms got burnt up too lmao idk how I missed that the first time

It's pretty much like Fire Dragon King mode, just that instead of the now depleted Igneel's magic power, he used his son's magic power.

Obviously it should be called Fire Dragon God instead, silly Natsu.

Honestly 100 Year Quest is doing a much better job at storytelling than the original series at the moment... what the hell happened Hiro Mashima, did he listen to the criticism, because everything has been really solid so far, I mean I still love the original series, flaws and all, but this right here, is Fairy Tail Greatness

Iirc Hiro was having issues with his editor, which caused the final arc to fall in quality & be rushed.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I didn't notice before but Lucy was getting burned hugging him. It's interesting how he still calls the attacks "Fire Dragon King's".
Edit: Yooo his arms got burnt up too lmao idk how I missed that the first time
Probably a fdkm+ dragon force, like how sting use dragon force+wsdm

Alright, time to ask the question, what's your guys favorite pairings in Fairy Tail, mine are...

1. Natsu and Lucy

2. Zeref and Mavis

3. Gajeel and Levy

4. Gray and Juvia

5. Jellal and Loneliness

I personally believe Jellal and Erza are better characters appart, don't like them together, but that's just me

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
5. Jellal and Loneliness
I didn't realise Erza's second name was loneliness :]

• Natsu and Lucy
  • Jellal and Erza (or loneliness as Mitch likes to call her)
  • Zeref and Mavis
  • Gray and Juvia
  • Gajeel and Levy/ Elfman and Evergreen
Bonus: Ichiya and Anna (cuz no one on the planet saw that coming) and Max Alors and Broom chan (cuz Mashima is a bit of a sick guy)

Zeref and Mavis IMO is clearly the best written romance, but I like Natsu and Lucy more as a pairing, but Zeref and Mavis are a close second

I don't have an issue with someone shipping Natsu and Lisanna, I think they can be cute sometimes as well, it's just after she came back, they almost never interacted, so I don't get why someone would still be so invested

Do any of you remember the chapter or episode of FT that got u really into the series? I watched the anime first and I remember vividly the "Changeling" episode was what got me into the series, I was nearly in tears laughing by the end.

The thing that got me into Fairy Tail was watching the Natsu vs Zero fight online, and then I was hooked, I started reading the manga at the time that the Grand Magic Games started, and watched the anime when the Tenrou Arc was in it's beginning stages, So I've been following Fairy Tail for a long time

I found the manga at my local library where it was from the beginning to around the Galuna Island arc, then I found the latest chapters of it being around the GMG arc.

Oof I'm relatively new then, I only got into the manga after I had caught up with the anime, that was around the 1 year timeskip for me. So I really only joined in for the last leg of the story

Reading from the beginning of the Grand Magic Games to the Alvarez Arc was crazy fun, waiting a week for chapters was insane, I remember that one week Hiro made 6 Chapters in 2 weeks, we got 3 chapters a week, now that, was insane

I started watching when the anime was in the GMG arc(before the 2014 anime) Back then I had a weird habit of watching to a certain point and starting over again. I repeated that cycle a few times, and when I finally caught up to the anime it was in the tartaros arc. Then the anime ended, so I switched to the manga.

@Mitch 6 chapters in 2 weeks, 3 in one week? Jesus, that sounds awesome.

@Captain I am weirdly curious about which point u always started over from

Davidsteel1 said:
Do any of you remember the chapter or episode of FT that got u really into the series?
I was changing the channels on tv, finding something to watch, just stop at animax, fairy tail was ongoing,(episode when natsu and mira go to rescue Lucy) i only .Watch last ten min of it, and didn't care, next day idk why, at same time i just start watching ft again, md stick to it.

I watched gmg arc(starting from natsu rescue lucy episode) to tratraous arc, then 1st ep to GMG arc.

FT is the reason i know/learn about other "Anime" and manga

Davidsteel1 said:
@Captain I am weirdly curious about which point u always started over from
I honestly don't remember. I think somewhere between Oracion Seis - Tenrou.

I was still new to anime at the time, with FT being my second(third if you count Pokemon) anime I ever watched. With the first one being Bleach.

Which is why both of these series hold a special place in my heart.

When I started hmm, I don't entirely remember but I know it was a bit before the Galuna Island Arc. So yes, I've been around a bit of a long time.

I got into FT because I would come home from school to find my sister watching it on my laptop. This was a few months before the first series ended. I'd sit and watch with her but I found it to be kinda boring at first and didn't actually get into it until I saw the Mystogan and Porylusca scene in the Phantom Arc. That prompted me to actually watch it from the start. It was slow going until I hit Phantom again where I binged the rest in 2 weeks (school suffered at the time lol), skipping the filler.

I only got into it after someome showed me the eighth opening, they were in the Dragon Festival arc currently. Ironically they were showing me it to convince me how bad it is.

I got into FT cause I saw a hot busty blond girl (Lucy) in a thumbnail on a YouTube video that looked like the perfect waifu

I actually remember the exact moment I got into FT. I was around 14-15 at the time and my parents had just gotten rid of cable and switched to streaming services. They subscribed to Hulu which had Fairy Tail and One Piece, both of which I binge watched through out the entire summer along with Durarara and Darker than Black. Pretty cool summer tbh.

Back