• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 12

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
The mere fact that Lucy said that in that way is more evidence it will happen, I mean Fairy Tail actually does have romance, One Piece has little to none
Not saying that there isn't romance, just saying that there is not always going to be romances for everyone, I means even the ending of FT ended with only GaLe being an official confirmed couple, where as everyone else was fine the way they were because FT is about being a family and going on adventures. I mean, that with Lucy, she was not really shy as she was before because she knows that there really isn't going to be anything romantic, Cana and Juvia were teasing her.

@David

I have a response but it's probably not appropriate lol

I would like FT to continue on tbh, never ending adventure and all that. Though I agree that if it concludes pairings gotta happen

Also for FT ending the way it did, I actually liked it ending that way, to leave it on a mystery as to what the future holds, that fits what the them of FT was suppose to be the whole time, a never ending adventure, it will always remain a mystery, leaving it on a vague note, leaving to our imagination what will happen then

Yeah, and now the story is saying Gray's planning to get with Juvia, the Lucy and Natsu stuff has been a little more direct now, I'm just saying I have hope

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I mean, I like it
If you like it that's fine, but for me, I feel like it is something that we have already went through before, things that are rehashed and things we already know. I would have been more interested if they wen't in a different direction like, go into the lore of the Gods, see more god slayers, instead of just rehashing Dragons again, introducing DG that are on Base Acno's level, and even more Dragon Slayers, it just robs of any originality the Universe of FT could offer.

But FT is about Dragons, it's never really been about gods. So having, presumably, the last FT story about something other than Dragons would just feel weird, and wouldn't fit with the already established theme of FT.

Also, they are Dragon "Gods"

All of the gods we have met were gods in name only

I mean, Dragon Gods would also be Gods in name only since they were regular dragons that are ridiculously powerful.

Zackra1799 said:
But FT is about Dragons, it's never really been about gods. So having, presumably, the last FT story about something other than Dragons would just feel weird, and wouldn't fit with the already established theme of FT.
FT is about FT and their adventures, Dragons are just one piece to the lore that is the FT Universe, So having the story about Gods would have been are better way on expanding their lore, I mean Anksarham as been the culpret behind the Zeref and Mavis' story the entire time and his curse was so powerful that not even Natsu at his peak was able to burn it with his flames.

But the entire plot of FT literally happened because of Dragons. Sure the FT Characters revolve around family and friendship and is the core theme of FT but Dragons also make up an integral part of what fairy tail is.

This sequel could touch up on a bunch of things considering how much it introduced.

We got White Wich & her Guild Liberos (forgot the name), DEs guild, the Dragon Gods, the new continent itself, Aquaris Key search, Elefsaria his motives & being part of the first guild. What exactly happens if all DGs are defeated.

As for the romance aspect, it defiantly seems like Hiro wants to add more romance to this sequel. Natsu getting jealous at guys hitting on lucy, the whole way Lucy acted to Cana's teasing & the other relationships that have been given attention this sequel.

Also did we ever get to find out what Natsu wanted to tell Lucy at the end of the series ?

I mean, in Fairy Tail, technically all the gods have been shown as weaker than Dragons, Dragon Slayers and Dragons have been defeating God Slayers and Gods for the entire series

This isn't an argument that has an objective answer. I think the Dragon gods are a better plot point than random gods, because of their connection with pre established characters. All of them with Acnologia and Ignia with Natsu and Igneel, keeps the impression that it's still one continuing story. But that's me

Ur impression on them will be coloured by personal preference

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I mean, in Fairy Tail, technically all the gods have been shown as weaker than Dragons, Dragon Slayers and Dragons have been defeating God Slayers and Gods for the entire series
We have not really seen Dragons defeat Gods, while with Gods, they have been defeated by certain hax abilities, even Dragon Slayers have had a difficult time with God Slayers, they were shown to be in a conventional way inferior, the DS had to use other methods to fight/defeat them.

1. Natsu by emptying his MP to create a vacuum for God Flames.
  2. Wendy with Enchantments to hurt Chelia.
  3. Laxus with just brute strength against Orga.
Besides, Hiro confirmed that not all dragons are the strongest as the Spriggans are stronger than most of them, Zeref would was cursed by a God yet did not die from Natsu who defeated Zeref with FH and his curse was still in affect. DS are not all powerful as well.

Yoyco said:
This sequel could touch up on a bunch of things considering how much it introduced.

We got White Wich & her Guild Liberos (forgot the name), DEs guild, the Dragon Gods, the new continent itself, Aquaris Key search, Elefsaria his motives & being part of the first guild. What exactly happens if all DGs are defeated.

As for the romance aspect, it defiantly seems like Hiro wants to add more romance to this sequel. Natsu getting jealous at guys hitting on lucy, the whole way Lucy acted to Cana's teasing & the other relationships that have been given attention this sequel.

Also did we ever get to find out what Natsu wanted to tell Lucy at the end of the series ?
I mean the only thing that could be touched on is Aquarius Key, that's basically it, all the other is just filler and repetitive.

Elefsaria is wholly new character, the dragon eaters are shaping up to be big antagonists (with as of yet undisclosed origins), the White Witch is another new character etc. Literally everything u just dismissed is new content, how can u classify something as "filler" if u know nothing about it?

This feels too much like ur going;

"oh they didn't focus on the gods like I wanted them to, so in conclusion nothing else matters"

Dragon Eaters are basically just Dragon Slayers with quirky abilities, and have lost my interest in their previous battles as they have not really shown anything impressive and still lose, WW came out of nowhere, I am not that invested in her as she just caused Battle of FT 2.0.

I am not even saying that a Sequel should have happened, it would have been fine with the way things are, and ending with limitless possibilities and yet filled with mysteries, I am saying you could expand pre-existing lore to make the world more fleshed out rather than rehashing and reskinning previous enemies, and even raises more question than answers.

Well someone on twitter is translating the chap.

Apparently Aldo says he's 100 million hit points & that attacks took 1 point. Natsu needs to repeat the attack 99 million times to just damage Aldo. The wood clones turn to the person the other considers the strongest....Natsu in his minds thinks Happy is the strongest.

Finally Natsu finds out a way to beat Aldo ?????

Well then I guess that short chapter with Natsu vs Happy is now canon huh? XD

Sigh, they are introducing numbers again? I would have been fine with just the GMG doing it one time and that's it.

Well that was fast, Looks like Aldo is going down soon

My theory is that Natsu thinks himself the strongest (Which he kinda is) and that the memory just defaults to Happy

Shame too, this could have been potential for the return of a cloned Acnologia

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
My theory is that Natsu thinks himself the strongest (Which he kinda is) and that the memory just defaults to Happy
Shame too, this could have been potential for the return of a cloned Acnologia
Well Remember, he fought against Happy Before and that Happy became the strongest Member in FT, fighting the likes of Gray, Erza, Laxus and Natsu. ; )

I wonder if he plans to think of someone like Igneel or Ignia as the strongest eat their flames & go wild....

The hit point thing makes sense actually, it's like in Pokemon, when your attack stat is so weak by comparison that it does only one hit point to your opponent, Natsu basically would need to constantly punch his body at full power away and away again for an immense of time for Aldoron to eventually fall, but that's like, impossible...

Take into consideration this is also with Dragon Slayer Advantage

Natsu can chip damage Aldoron? Guess he scales to an extent lol. Out of curiosity, would there be any point in calcing the trees Aldo spawns to sink the MC fleet? Wondering if it could help his rating like how the Shinju gets big numbers. Obviously it would be less but still.

Yeah, he did it in EZ and in Rave a bit when he was defining its magic system. But I feel like he's done it in FT at least once as well

Same gap as between Natsu and Acnologia. Only difference is that Aldoron could be harder to damage due to his large size.

He doesn't resist it though. He may have this "immunity to magic" going on but he's damaged more by Dragon Slayer Magic since he is a dragon.

Back