• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 12

I still wonder why we Tier Brandish and Irene's feats as Hax when they actually use their Magic power to do it.

Brandish shrinking organs also has to do with her opponent's magic power. This is implied with Neinhart enchanted by Irene. The stronger her opponent, the harder she has to try and hence the more magic power she has to put into it regardless of the size.

This implies her Command T is stat and AP based. This isn't some all nullifying Hax.

We can calculate her AP by calculating the change in Gravitational Potential Energy.

We will have characters reaching Large Island level in the hundred years quest if we do that.

And we can do the same with Universe 1.

As for Deus Sema, the Meteor size is inconsistent. Literally every other panel goes against what we used to scale it's size. Erza was already covered by it's aura and not visible anymore as she reached very close to the Meteor. It doesn't make sense if Meteor is as large as what is shown in the panel we used.

Add to that the size of the fragments of the Meteor which are comparable in size to the Guild building.

So we should go by the shockwave here.

We already do that with lifting feats. This is no different except for the fact that we need to use the actual formula for GPE rather than the "PE = mgh" approximation.

Tell that to the CGM. Size Manipulation is hax, and the change in GPE is an after effect non produced by Brandish.

GPE is the resulting value after changing the size, not the value for the sizeshift itself.

Ovrhide said:
So can multiplying natsus FDKM Punch by 100,000,000 actually be done to get a higher tier?
Multiplier is one of the most controversial subject around here that I would rather not to stick my finger into it.

It doesn't matter. The same is the case with someone lifting a ball, the work done is the change in GPE.

Here Brandish is shrinking the Island with her magic power. The work done by her would be the change in gravitational potential energy unless we have other factors playing out.

This is just a basic energy conservation equation.

Unless this wiki has a blind rule against size manipulation only being Hax and can't be used for AP regardless of the context...

I have already addressed why her size manipulation is AP/Stat based.

False equivalency. Those examples aren't comparable at all. Brandish' not doing this physically.

If she were, the landmass and people affected would be crushed via compression instead of staying unfazed. She's not changing the GPE. The GPE is affected as a collateral effect.

The only thing you proved is Brandish' hax doesn't work on stronger people. Meaning it has a limit. If this were AP based, she wouldn't have the same problem as AP is still relevant to superior but comparable AP.

Zackra1799 said:
I mean Natsu's reaction is justified because he got hit with his literal greatest weakness from literally out of nowhere.
But once again, the only evidence we have for this is a vague statement from Totomaru which he didn't even follow through on so we can only take his word on it which, as mentioned, isn't reliable at all given he knows nothing about DSM.

I'm also tired so I'm dropping this because it's pretty pointless as is.
But again, it is not about it being DSM, it is about it being magic and how it requires concentration, his reaction is from the attack that would have hurt him in his current state, he does not make that reaction before as he would just feel sick, if it would do nothing he would just not bother at all.

Since this is general discussion, I'd like to mention that I just made a meme about how much Mitch contributed to Fairy Tail on the wiki (but I can't send it in for some reason so R.I.P)

Back