• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 12

DragonGamerZ913 said:
He doesn't resist it though. He may have this "immunity to magic" going on but he's damaged more by Dragon Slayer Magic since he is a dragon.
Actually correction, he is damaged when he is motion sick which takes away a DS immunity.

Being motion sick doesn't take away a DS's immunity, what? The reason dragon slayers get motion sick is because of DS magic messing with their ear canals, it has nothing to do with their resistance to their elements.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Being motion sick doesn't take away a DS's immunity, what? The reason dragon slayers get motion sick is because of DS magic messing with their ear canals, it has nothing to do with their resistance to their elements.
Actually it does, in Phantom Arc, it has been the case when Natsu became Motion sick, his immunity stopped working which would allow Totomaru to use his flame attack to harm him, Natsu was even worried when that happened https://*********.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628438/8

That was Totomaru's hypothesis and Natsu being worried is justified because he doesn't know why he gets motion sick so for all he knows, being motion sick does turn off his flame resistance.

DragonEmperor23 said:
That was Totomaru's hypothesis and Natsu being worried is justified because he doesn't know why he gets motion sick so for all he knows, being motion sick does turn off his flame resistance.
Well it makes sense, because of how magic revolves around one's mental condition, and seeing as magic affects even the biology of the user too. And considering that the transformation into a dragon to demon is based on one's mindset that also supports it

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
It's a headcanon that motion sickness gets rid of Dragon Slayer immunity
I posted a link with how it is justified, that would explain how Acno was still affected by Fairy Sphere

Except that's not why fairy sphere worked on Acno. They needed Acno in place to be catch him in the fairy sphere as he would have been fast enough to dodge it or blast them with eternal flare otherwise.

Zackra1799 said:
Except that's not why fairy sphere worked on Acno. They needed Acno in place to be catch him in the fairy sphere as he would have been fast enough to dodge it or blast them with eternal flare otherwise.
They took advantage of his motion sickness, otherwise he would have not been affected by the spell.

The fact when Totomaru was going to attack Natsu when he was down and that he was worried would support this.

Also "Hope" magic is canonically the only magic that actually works on Acno so that's another reason why it worked, not because he lost his resistance to magic. Also if slayers losing resistance when motion sick was actually a thing than it would have been mentioned as a way to beat Acno. But guess what? It wasn't.

"Hope" Magic? What is that?

Also, That was the point, they needed to get Acno weakened with enough time to cast Fairy Sphere on him.

CNBA3 said:
The fact when Totomaru was going to attack Natsu when he was downand that he was worried would support this.
Again, Totomaru's not an expert on how Dragon Slayer magic works and neither is Natsu.

I call it hope magic because it's described by Lucy as the magic of bonds which is used to make Fairy sphere and the chapter it comes from is called the magic of hope.

Again no that's head canon about something that hasn't been referenced since the start of the series.

It has been referenced since Phantom Arc, and it is perfectly reasonable since magic is based on concentration, DS resistance is no exception, even Lucy refers to him being absent minded when he gets motion sick

DragonEmperor23 said:
CNBA3 said:
The fact when Totomaru was going to attack Natsu when he was downand that he was worried would support this.
Again, Totomaru's not an expert on how Dragon Slayer magic works and neither is Natsu.
He know how magic works though that magic involves concentration, and since Natsu is not concentrated, his resistance would weaken, and Natsu is knowledge enough to know what is and what isn't usable for his own powers.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Natsu doesn't have to be concentrating to maintain his resistance. Are you arguing that Natsu could be burned if he was sleeping?
he does because magic requires mental focus, one of a few essential aspects of magic usage, well if he was going to be burned when he was motion sick then that would be the case

pretty sure that A) that is a comedy scene, and B) Dream still require mental activity so that would not really violate anything

You would still be far more capable of concentration with Vertigo, than being literally asleep.

Also as mentioned Totomoru is about a reliable source on DS magic as I am on particle physics.

It is not about it being DS magic, but the fact that it is magic in general, dreams still provide mental activity, especially lucid dreams, and Natsu would know how his own magic works, if he was in danger of fire attacks, he would know it, and in his situation then, he was so, there is truth to it.

Even when he tried to use fire magic it just burns out when he is sick

Also, Natsu has good instinct of when something is dangerous or not even at the very last secton

I mean Natsu's reaction is justified because he got hit with his literal greatest weakness from literally out of nowhere.

But once again, the only evidence we have for this is a vague statement from Totomaru which he didn't even follow through on so we can only take his word on it which, as mentioned, isn't reliable at all given he knows nothing about DSM.

I'm also tired so I'm dropping this because it's pretty pointless as is.

Natsu's figured out a way to beat Aldoron... yeah I doubt that a little, I mean maybe he has a way in mind, but I hope Aldoron doesn't become a pushover

Knowing Natsu, his strategy might just be punching Aldoron 99,999,999 more times with Fire Dragon King Mode...

Also I guess Natsu just finds Happy really strong because he's been with them for the entire adventure, it may just be emotionally strong

Trying to figure out what kind of damn hint those god seeds somehow gave Natsu....but knowing Natsu. I expect it to back fire somewhat

Yeah, I have no idea what Natsu's plan could be, maybe something with Aldoron's memory, or maybe calling someone strong to assist him, maybe he'll combine the whole guilds power or something

Honestly best option is think of a bunch of flames users that Natsu has fought in the past & start eating the flames once they copy the magic. Maybe that's what Natsu maybe up to ? Get a huge boost from all that fire & go off on Aldo in DF

if aldoron has 100,000,000 hit points, and the demolition fist is worth only 1, how many hit points do you guys think sbt acno had? Could give some insight to how much of a boost sfd really was as well as fusion magic in general.

That's a solid theory Yoyco. I was thinking Natsu was going to somehow try to get Wolfen to use his powers on Aldoron so that Aldoron would have to fight something from his own memories.

Now that you think about it....Merc & Aldo should be relatively close in hit points to each other. If Base Natsu using Demon fist is 1 point & the Ignia boost allowed Natsu to trash Merc. You'd think the multiplier would be well over the millions....wacky thought lol

So let's see...

1. No human weapon can work on a Dragon God

2. All those super enhanced Jupiter cannons did zero damage to Aldoron

3. You need an AP of 10^8*(Natsu's full charged FDK Demolition Fist) to defeat Aldoron with one hit.

Which lies in small planet if FDKM Natsu is small country. (I know the wiki doesn't accept this but this is where I generally Tier him at and use in debates)

4. Not to mention Natsu's inherent durability negation attribute against the Dragons.

5. And his elemental advantage against Wood.

This would mean one needs an AP much higher than 10^8*(FDKM AP) to do it in one attack.

One can atleast refute "one-shot" claims with this for the God Tiers.

Now we wait for either Ignia or Selene to claim they can defeat Aldoron either with a normal attack or with some fully charged final attack of theirs or something.

The difference has been implied to be quite Literal asf.

Wolfen was actually implying he needs 99,999,999 more such hits to defeat Aldoron.

This can definitely be used to claim one cannot one shot Aldoron unless they have an AP hundred million times stronger than Natsu's FDO Demolition Fist. This might actually bump a Tier for the God Tiers if we wait for more statements.

IIRC FDKM Natsu is around 8 to 16 gigatons, if that multiplies by 100,000,000 it can reaches from 800 petatons to 1,6 exatons.

Yes, High 6-A FT is back

Back