• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 10

So the way I'm seeing it is that Laxus used RLM to beat Wahl so that mean he won ONLY using RLM. Now this further proves that Laxus couldn't beat Wahl without RL

even damage can bring out blood, which is evident in Laxus' other battles.

BlackeJan said:
So the way I'm seeing it is that Laxus used RLM to beat Wahl so that mean he won ONLY using RLM. Now this further proves that Laxus couldn't beat Wahl without RL
also, his RL was amped up from all the damage he took.

The Calaca said:
This is getting old.
Could not agree more ƒÿô we've already gone over spriggan scaling a million times, what this likely just means is that Wall is stronger than the average Spriggan, Ajeel was gonna get One-shot/killed by Laxus, while Wall who also has Lightning Resistance, was even with a weakened Laxus, all this really signifies is that...

Wall>Ajeel

Doesn't mean Base Laxus somehow isn't spriggan level

BTW, Mitch, you need to angsize Jura's head in your calc. The distance you used is that between Orga and the camera but Jura is in front of the latter so he didn't move 2.43m.

Wall took hits from Laxus and did not go down which speaks a lot more than what Lightning resist does. Laxus was not weakened until he was actually affected by the poison, even before that he was in top condition, and again, no official statement of Ajeel gonna die, that is just a possible thought and cryptic dialogue from August, base Laxus is not above base Spriggans

Cryptic... literally says Base Laxus was gonna kill Ajeel in One-shot if he didn't put up that barrier

No, it literally said "It would be sad to lose a comrade" nothing official right there, besides "would" is an expression of a mood that is purely imaginary, thus supporting no form of confirmation

August is a genius and knows exactly how strong people would be, he wouldn't just put up a barrier if Ajeel was just gonna be fine, he says that losing a comrade would sad, implying that attack would have killed Ajeel, also in the next page Ajeel literally says that was exactly what August mean't, that Laxus's attack would have killed him,

Of course, Ajeel says that wouldn't happen

But Ajeel is cocky as hell, as we know, this is the same guy who thought that he could solo all of Ishgar, so him saying that Laxus's attack wouldn't have taken him out means nothing and is unreliable

Plus Laxus was equal with Wall even when Wall was immune to all his attacks meaning that Laxus with no magic power behind his attacks is matching Wall, not to mention he is also suffering from poison that weakens and debilitates him, so if there was a character equal to Wall in power and said character didn't have lightning resistance, and Laxus was not weakened by poison, then said character would get beaten by Base Laxus rather easily

I've said enough, if you disregard all this and still say Base Laxus isn't Spriggan level, then I have literally nothing left to say

Brandish tier 5? I mean maybe physically, but haxwise I'd argue she's higher, in all honesty I'd the same with Neingart

So you are taking a vague, subjective piece of dialogue as canon? I find that rather unreliable at most especially with how Ajeel was not traumatized after that, he may have been surprised but was something that did not scare him to death, which is definitely a thing to show when you are doomed.

Again, "would" is based on an imaginary event and is subjective and thus not reliable.

Also, do not confuse the statement that he would solo Ishgar, it is not the same as destroying all of it in one go, just that he could do a gauntlet style and defeat each opponent, which he could defeat Erza rather simply.

Wall was not immune to physical attacks which would have been evident as that is a factor with physically punching or kicking something, and Wall did not go down. And Laxus managed to casually hit Erza who was actually feeling it. Again, the poison is a non-factor as it only hurts him at random, other than that he operates at top tier condition.

Physical attacks are confirmed to have magic behind them since GMG, and proven when no magic Natsu and Wendy were easily defeated by soldiers.

Davidsteel1 said:
Brandish tier 5? I mean maybe physically, but haxwise I'd argue she's higher, in all honesty I'd the same with Neingart
Well Brandish was shown to be unable to affect Enhanced Neinhart who got one shot by Base Natsu. All the mid tier spriggans can fight Base Natsu lvl characters 1v1 without being instantly one shot. High tier spriggans can overwhelm Base Natsu lvl characters or fight those stronger than him no problem. Top Tier spriggans are basically the ones that are way stronger because of feats or statements. God tier spriggans I don't even need to explain. Also I still don't understand why God Serena is just High 7-A when he managed to overpower Base Natsu and several others comparable to him as a historia. Gildarts even said he wanted to fight him when he was alive so he should honestly be At least High 7-A just like Larcade.

@Peter1129

Yeah pretty much, except I'd lower Invel to Mid Tier, Brandish said that every Spriggan was at least as strong as her, and she scales above Ikusa-Tsunagi who is High 7-A, point being that everyone Spriggan besides August and Irene is equal isn't exactly true, they have varying levels of power, point being that they are all still High 7-A, plus God Serena was implied by Gildarts to be equal to him, which puts him above the other Spriggans, so I guess he could be At least High 7-A like Larcade

@CNBA3

"So you are taking a vague, subjective piece of dialogue as canon?"

First of all, every single argument we have made here on this verse is subjective, so I could say the same about everything you're saying, I mean this is coming from the guy who says the vague line that Blood is the source of Red Lightning somehow means the Red Lightning gets stronger the more Laxus get's damaged

Let's just stop this already, Spriggan Scaling was banned from discussion, because we had already gone over it 5 million times, The Alvarez Arc scaling is complete and has been done over and over and we're done with it, we should only think about 100 year Quest Scaling moving forward

There is a difference between an objective statement or monologue and that of a subjective one which is easy to figure out. It is not vague when it is stated that blood is the source of power for red lightning and thus it becomes stronger with the damage he gets. Most of the 100 year quest is weaker than Alvarez Arc characters as confirmed in previous chapters with the Dragon Eaters having power below the strength of Makarov who is weaker than Spriggans

That of a subjective one which is easy to figure out.

That literally applies to August's and Ajeel's statements way more than Laxu's Red Lightning statement, also only Wraith is weaker than Makarov, and even then, Wraith is mainly a Hax Character anyways

Let's just drop this discussion, there is a cliffnote on the verse page that stops us from having more Spriggan Scaling anyways, regardless, Laxus would be High 7-A even if you were right, so there's no point in even arguing

@DemonGodMitchAubin

Invel easily froze Base Natsu and his flames and later on even overpowered Devil Slayer Gray who if I remember correctly should be comparable if not stronger than Base Natsu. Gray only won due to a rage power up plus imitating his ice magic. So I am pretty sure Invel > Base Natsu lvl characters which is why I consider him a high tier spriggan.

@Peter1129

I guess that makes sense, I just feel like Invel wasn't all that impressive, plus Base Natsu wasn't even hurt or that impressed with Invel, but with Ice Armor, he probably beats Base Natsu

That is my point, August's statement is subjective and unreliable while Laxus' statement is objective and demonstrates' it's abilities. Wraith stated that no magic Natsu is as strong as Madmole which makes it clear that what he has shown thus far are far weaker than what Natsu showed in Alvarez.

Besides, the verse is likely to get downgrades anyway

Invel froze Natsu's FDK Flames easily, and before you complain, yes they are the FDK flames as they are described to be capable of burning the very earth itself while Natsu's other flames have not shown such a thing

@CNBA3

God, it's like you never get what I'm trying to say, August's and Ajeel's lines are very direct, August was saying that Ajeel would be one-shot by Laxus, pretty direct, but you say it's vague and subjective...

WHAT OTHER POSSIBLE MEANING CAN BE DERIVED FROM THAT, AUGUST IS LITERALLY SAYING TO US THAT AJEEL WOULD BE TAKEN OUT BY LAXUS'S ONE ATTACK

but somehow this line...

"My Blood is the source of Red Lightning"

Somehow this is a completely direct statement that means that the more damage Laxus takes, the more powerful he becomes, that was literally never stated, it's just stronger than his normal lightning to our knowlege, there is no stement that, the more I get hurt, the stronger I get, it's a nice headcanon and could be confirmed in the next chapter, but it was never stated or confirmed in the current chapter

Also it was Base Natsu, not FDKM Natsu that Invel froze, he never activated the form or used any of the techniques, those were just his normal flames

Stop making completely baseless claims all the time, you always take a stance and just become an unmoving wall that doesn't compomise at all, you just assume you're always right and then get confused when people disagree with you, you've done this with Deus Sema, Etherion, Magnetic Confinement, Magic = Radiation, and now this, please no more Spriggan discussion, it was settled long ago with Admins and basically every supporter here, so we don't need to go over it again

I'm really just done with this argument and will stop discussing it

They are not direct, what do you not get? Laxus' are though as he says that blood is the power of his red lightning, yet Laxus was stronger than before which Erza makes note of, so that is a factual statement.

August was just imaging what it would be like if something like this happens, nothing stated as concret facts.

So are you saying that August has Precognition, he knows what will happen?

Natsu used FDK Flames, none of his flames have ever demonstrated what he did before which is burning the very earth itself. You do not have to state your attacks to use it, Natsu made that clear with using FDKDF without saying the name.

you stop making baseless claims and actually provide useful counter arguments. I have made it clear that all the things you said have substantial information to be what they are.

@CNBA3 No none of what you've said above is remotely true;

This is how you function; you make a claim, just about no one agrees, you bring what you believe is proof, still no one agrees, you refuse to let anything go and are dogged in your stance clogging up the thread and drawing out pointless arguments.

Case and point your latest claim that Invel froze FDKM flames a wholly baseless claim, when considering there was no vocal confirmation from Natsu that that's the case, you are now seeking to rely on the argument that Natsu's flames don't set fire to a wide area normally, ignoring the fact that literally right after returning from the second time skip Natsu casually sets the entire GMG arena on fire without any visible effort. I'm sure you will now not let this go.

I mean pause and consider, most ppl on this thread agree with Mitch and most seem to be getting irritated arguing with you that says less about everyone else and more about you.

there is a difference between no one believing and not providing counter arguments, with Invel freezing FDKF, his regular flames have done nothing like FDK flames do which he did show twice to burn the very earth, regular flames did not show that. Vocal confirmation is not required as with many spells, just like how Natsu can use FDKDF without calling out the name. That is steam from the rock of the stadium, not fire, that is only from an actual attack in the arena itself, not naturally being produced around him, otherwise he would have killed everyone. that is a fact

@CNBA3

First Line of his post, read it please, also claiming a statement is fact is so wrong it hurts

and stating that subjective pure belief as fact is cosmologically wrong it could be it's own religion.

Guys, we've been over this and we've asked you to stop with the same arguments that were used about a year ago, besides the only reason Wall was winning was because of his resistance and Laxus was weakened, with both these handicaps, Laxus was still fighting on par with Wall anyways

Please stop filling this thread with more of the same

@Demon

Nope. It has now shred light that if Wahl was truly resistant to lightning attacks then he would have never gotten beaten by that same lightning (but more powerful) so no RLM > Wahl > Laxus

Back