• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 10

https://*********.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628696/4

and

https://*********.net/manga/fairy-tail/i1628696/5

Well, that's Rufus's Lightning not Orga's so if we were talking about Rufus's attack you would be correct

Speaking of which, does anyone have an explanation for Gray's victory over Rufus? I don't get that twist at all.

Gray pretty much blitzed Rufus's brain due to him creating ice make spells faster than Rufus could memorize them.

I am surprised no one is talking about Etherion calc I did with comprehensive destruction

Moon level Etherion would be crazy and awesome, but no one would accept it cause it's most surely an Outlier

oh well, I had hoped to get the last few threads concluded before christmas, I have my own project to work on with Youtube.

I see. Thank you.

I hate the 'OP then but barely okay now' trope in fiction. Rufus' magic was surely impressive but then he's nothing but a empty character with nothing to give to the story.

To be fair, Gray vs Rufus was cool and didn't have any Friendship Powerups

At the same time Rufus is complete Fodder Now

I read a fanfiction where Rufus fought Rustyrose. It was a great well written fight in my opinion. Rufus's Memory-Make magic proved to be a great counter to Rustyrose's Arc of Embodiment.

Rustyrose's magic is essetially Gremmy's Visionary.

@Mitch that's my problem.

Strong foe appears.

Trashes cast with awesome powers nearly unbeatable.

Gets an L.

Suddenly becomes fodder.

I don't think they are suppose to be strong by power level standards, just have impressive abilities that shows off impressive feats

Sting and Rogue got trashed as fodder and then they became strong awesome characters, Sting vs Larcade was a great fight, so at least they avoided that

The Calaca said:
Rustyrose's magic is essetially Gremmy's Visionary.
@Mitch that's my problem.

Strong foe appears.

Trashes cast with awesome powers nearly unbeatable.

Gets an L.

Suddenly becomes fodder.
WHO?

Yeah, but I don't like Slayer's Power system. It's just too convenient.

I like Natsu vs Jackal because Natsu relied on his physical prowess and his natural advantage for being a Slayer. I forgave the use of LFDM because of that even if it's an asspull.

But Sting vs Larcade ended up being more of the same. Sting had the natural advantage, but instead of relying on that, he ate Rogue's shadow to not make him fodder once again.

This is mainly a problem with fights that last 1-2 chapters.

Actually fights like these that last 2-3 fights are pretty well balanced, and don't drag on forever. Don't see how something he is naturally able to do considered and asspull

Those fights are usually like this:

- Enemy stomps.

- Prota gets a power up.

- Prota wins.

All of this in not enough pages to make it look consistent.

Rufus vs Gray is an example. The fight last for less than a chapter and there's no tension. This is Rufus seemingly stomping Gray until the latter says "**** it, spam time" which is a weakness that I don't remember was implied. On top of making Rufus completely useless like he doesn't remember any other magic.

Or Wall vs Laxus, for ***** sake. Laxus literally invented a new lightning out of nowhere to one-shot someone able to absorb his shit after being clearly stomped by Wall.

Short fights are a problem. Since Grand Magic Games they turned to be really fast and boring with few exceptions. And this wouldn't be too bad if Mashima doesn't summon too many enemies that are nearly invincible at the same time so he can develop the fights and try to make something more natural.

Yeah, a lot of Fairy Tail fights are 1-2 chapters, I don't hate them, but they can definitely be better, I like Natsu vs Zeref but it had some serious BS, and the final fight with Acnologia in the manga is pretty darn short, thank god the anime extends the final battle by a lot and gives a lot more attention to it, so the last battle is actually cool

Point being Fairy Tail has a lot of rushed fights, honestly the anime is better since the fights sometimes get extended but overall I like the fights mostly because of the art style

100 Year Quest has been slightly better about this, fights are still short, but there haven't been any BS fights yet, Natsu vs Mercphobia was really cool and imo is the best fight so far in the 100 Year Quest, but Natsu vs Wraith was pretty lame, like there was no point to his character at all

I enjoyed Natsu vs Gajeel but I stopped reading at that point.

Got to admit, Ignia's plot point is one of the most interesting things I've seen in a while for FT. I hope they don't screw it this time.

@The Calaca

The writing has been better so far in 100 Year Quest, there hasn't been any chapters that have gotten outrage or have been silly like Erza destroying the Meteor and also Natsu beating Zeref, the Dragon Eaters and Dragon Gods have all been pretty cool, and Natsu didn't beat one by just saying friendship speeches, he tried that and it didn't work, which is progess, and their setting up Natsu becoming more demonic when he gets stronger which is an interesting look into Natsu's character and how it should have been with END, another thing is that their building up that Natsu wants to get strong enough on his own to fight Ignia, which is a cool setup and can lead to an awesome battle if executed correctly, I only hope that 100 Year Quest continues being good

FB IMG 1575991615477
Laxus threw a bolt of lightning at Erza, and before that lightning struck the ground, Laxus reached Erza.
FB IMG 1575991623246
is it possible to calculate this?

So Luxus has a Red Lightning Dragon Mode with the same lightning he used against Wall And Erza has a fire dragon sword with Natsu magic and a ice demon sword with Grey magic

No cap, Erza vs Laxus is looking to be the best fight in the Aldoron part. Slightly annoyed that Erza is getting up from Laxus beating her into the dirt with Raiko so many times despite him one shotting her LEA with base lightning ..... she must be high on PoF rn.

Also Wendy seems to have been ******* busy during the timeskip, Erza is whipping out so many enchanted swords, including Blue Crimson ovo. Whats next? She Gil's on everyone with swords enchanted with Lucy's Zodiacs? Has her own "10 Commandments"?

Team Natsu is just showing of buffs rn. Natsu gets TP, Erza has her new swords and Lucy is fusing Star Dresses. Hoping Gray and Wendy get some really cool stuff in this mini arc too.

how so? it is rather consistent especially shows that Wall and other Spriggans on his level are well above base Laxus. Erza already destroyed the Ten Commandments in Edolas, so that is settled.

Not this shit again. Laxus >>> base Spriggans. End of story.

Did you miss the quotes by any chance? Its a reference to follow up the joke I made about her having Blue Crimson.

since base Laxus can break apart LEA Erza easily with one punch and could not even one shot base Wall speaks a lot about the difference in power compared between them.

I know that reference, and I am playing along, the fact that you did not get it is rather sad

Wall who gave himself lightning resist that lets him ignore Laxus.

You didnt play along tho. You just disagreed with what I said because of something that isn't even relevant.

yet did not break in comparison to Erza who's broke in one punch. It is relevant because you are trying to make a comparison when there is none, in fact, if anything it is more related to Knightwalker.

Her Empress armors are percentage based damage reduction not something that has a set value that gets negged ike Wall's. Laxus lightning at half power oneshot standard armor Erza who would scale to Natsu.

Back