• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Examining RWBY scaling for high tier characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why even debate the fireball?

I have shown that Glynda does not fully scale to Half-Maiden Cinder, because that fireball is a completely casual attack that is not suggested to be strong in any way.

She uses the same fireball against Ruby in volume 5, and Ruby tanks it.

Therefore I would expect Glynda to tank it as well.

That does not make Glynda and the whole of the cast High 7-C.

EDIT: I think Dargoo has summarized better than I could have, thank you.

Kk, a few things since I was asleep

>Watts didnt think Qrow could bezt 2 maidens, he was just annoyed that Cinder was making the plan even riskier due to petty reasons (wanting Ruby, yet not actually paying attention to her). If Qrow can get bodied by Hazel, and struggle slittly with Lionheart who beforehand got smacked up by a kid, then how would he hold against 2 maidens. Ofc, he could have always known that Raven wasnt loyal.

>Even if there is slight sense in the scaling (albeit unsupported with nothing solid), the maidens are the powerhouses, no one should scale to them at all (apart from, the few)

>The maiden powers HAVE to be activated, Cinder without using her maiden powers (which she didnt during her fit with Glynda), she isnt High 7-C. Ive made this point before but it gets shunned off, but basically the maiden powers have to be physically activated, symbolised by the glowing eyes. If this wasnt the case, Qrow wouldnt be fighting evenly with Raven. Not to mentiom how Ravem told Vernal not to use her total legitimate maiden powers, implying they can turn it off, and the fact Amber was actually manageable to fight until she started activating her power.

We cant scale anyone unless she is actively using the maiden powers seriously (unlike Pyrrha, where she was still finding her ground), to which she didnt with Glynda, only using dust and that glass manipulation. Theres no proof her base power increases even when not using the maiden powers

@Damage

Fireballs aren't inherently casual attacks. They are casual if Cinder is casual.

I think that she was serious against Glynda, but I have already explained why I don't think that she scales

Okay.

It seems that the consensus is still that most people are in favor of the revisions.

I've already said that I don't mind the revisions. If Qrow and the others are comparable to the Maidens, then future volumes will show this.

(I still believe they do scale, but I admit that we don't have concrete evidence to support it)

It's best to play it safe, it's at least very clear that they do scale to 8-B.

I will not say that one side having more voices makes it inherently right, however I will say that we have plenty of people other than myself putting forward reasonable arguments, and we have yet to see proper counterarguents to the recent postings.

Although I won't start grace, as I'd like to hear Matt's opinion on the new developments, alongside DDM.

To name a few, Ricsi, Myself, Kalitas, Jinx, Rusty, Damage, and Desmond have consistently kept up with arguments up to this point. I also encourage other people who previously supported the argument to bring forward new points to make our case even more strong.

Holy molly, I went to sleep and this thread already reached almost 500 replies.

Yeah, I'd like to hear Matt's opinion as well.

I'm about to go to sleep, but if someone would like to take a whack at it, I'd be down.

E = 2000 m of height (Height of a looming cloud) *1,003 (Density) *4 (Strong instability CAPE value) *3,14 *R^2 = 25.195,36*R^2

Considering that we need to go up six digits higher before reaching 8-B, pretty sure that it's a bit feat, unless the radius of that storm is a km (Which it isn't)

I disagree, At least 8-B is fine, Glynda shouldn't be any weaker than Qrow or any other member of Ozpin's inner circle.

I don't think simply being a member of Ozpin's inner circle is a qualifier for strength.

TheRustyOne said:
Oobleck isn't a part of Ozpin's inner circle, he's never once been implied to know about the Maidens and the Relics.
Yeah, my bad.

Tough, I doubt it has that much to do with AP

Oobleck should be 8-B though, it's implied he can fight Goliaths who are 8-B. It was stated that the Pro Huntsmen were able to drive them out, I doubt Qrow and Ironwood did it all by themselves.

I think we'd need confirmation that Oobleck actually fought and harmed Goliaths in order for that to go through.

Wait.

I don't think being one of the strongest grimm is a good enough reason to be 8-B.

Pre time-skip ruby was like... 2 tons at most, so even if we assumed its 5 times stronger due to being unharmed by her it would still be high 8-C.

Plus, I disagree that being one of the strongest grimm means that its stronger than the Nuckelavee.

I also disagree it means it was stronger than the Sea Feilong and Queen Lancer. The Sea Feilong and Queen Lancer didn't even exist at the time that scene with the Goliaths was written, and there's nothing suggesting the Sea Feilong is a typical Grimm.

Also... looking how slow they move. Is being a strong Grimm justification for Hypersonic+ speed?

Take it up with Weekly, he made it.

If Glynda isn't At least 8-B than she should be unknown.

TheRustyOne said:
If Glynda isn't At least 8-B than she should be unknown.
But why?

We know she is stronger than high 8-C, so it seems logical to assume that she is "At least high 8-C, possibly 8-B".

Well, we can at least get the minimum value for her ratings from the Grimm she casually defeats.

Let's hold up on the 8-B discussion until we get more input for now, don't want to jump the gun while there might be some more points to be made.

Proof?

Rating her High 8-C is no different than rating her as 8-B, your comparing her to characters she's never fought against.

The only thing Glynda has done is beat Building level (Not Building level+) Grimm in one shot. Obviously we can't rate her as 8-C, thats absurd.

We can't rate her as 8-C, but we can rate her as At least 8-C, likely higher

TheRustyOne said:
Proof?

Rating her High 8-C is no different than rating her as 8-B, your comparing her to characters she's never fought against.

The only thing Glynda has done is beat Building level (Not Building level+) Grimm in one shot. Obviously we can't rate her as 8-C, thats absurd.
We would rate her that because every huntsman in training is on that level, and the idea of cardin being stronger than her is laughable.

Damage3245 said:
We can't rate her as 8-C, but we can rate her as At least 8-C, likely higher
No we can't, that's absurd.

Also I found this.

Ozpin tells Pyrrha to bring Glynda, Ironwood, and Qrow to help him fight Cinder. This implies that all three of them are comparable to each other.

I've supported 8-B since the beggining.

I'd also just have problems with one of the students being able to pull off a 8-B attack and calling the teachers 8-C/High 8-C.

Again guys, let's not jump the gun. Wait for Matt to reply.

Well, it was important that we talk it out at least.

I think we're just waiting for Matt to respond?

Or he was just desperate for help...

Being apart of the inner circle, I agree, shouldnt be used for scaling so prominently. They were who Ozpin trusted the most, and looking at Lionheart, they clearly dont have to be of high standards.

We cant really scale them to Penny's laser either, seeing as she was built to be a superior fighting force for Atlas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back