• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World: Metaphorical hangover edition (aka thread 3)

Christian Higdon said:
"Ummmm...okay?" He said, a bit nervous.
Koth places his hand on Boris' shoulder. In an instant their surroundings vanish, now located in front of a small brick building. The air is clear, the wind calm, and the grass green.

"Boris, I would like you to go in this building."

Faruel1998 said:
"But there is still the reason why Akuma gave you that ticket"
"It's very clear what that reason was too," she said, her mind coming to the simple conclusion. "She was sure of herself. People do stupid things when they're sure of themselves. Little does she know she has it all wrong. I mean, what reason do you have to believe her, who doesn't even know me. No one here knows me, so I have no clue where these accusations are coming from."

"Well I'm off then." Eden says to no one in particular as he jumps off the the temple and flies back towards the statue of liberty

Inside the building is nice little lobby. There is a small door with glass windows on it. In them you can see a kindly looking old man, a couch, and a small library.

"Boris, I would like for you to go in there to experience a special magic. The magic of professional therapy and the help it can bring to a person."

"Mmm ... valid point, but for greater security ... I want to find out what your intentions are" I say, immobilizing her with telekinesis and using the Chi to control her mind.

[Destiny has resistance to mental manipulation? Don't worry, I just want to ask you a couple of questions]

"I've found a very high quality therapist for you. I believe there are some things that he can really help you with and really let you be at peace with anything you aren't."

The therapist gestures kindly.

He'd find a wall. A big, mental wall as soon as he tried to use chi to control her mind. It blocked him completely, and it had a presence in his own mind. Destiny could be seen glaring at him. "Let. Me go. Now." She spoke with pure venom in her voice as he hands were clenching into fists.

Aranil could feel a presence trying to combat his own telekinesis. It was failing, but there was an attempt. "Let me go!"

((She does.))

"I just want to ask you a couple of questions, I'm tired of doubts, I'm tired of lies ... if I have to trust you, I have to have certain proof that you don't lie," I explain.

Christian Higdon said:
"So what do I do, I've never had a therapist before." He asked.
"You talk to them. You get your issues out, they help you work through them. It's simple."

[Can we just skip time and say it was a successful session?]

"And you can't just trust me?" Destiny asked with a frown, already tired of all of this. "Honestly I should go to the police after this. Restraining a little girl, for what? A hunch? You think she's a murderer? What is wrong with you? Why does everyone here think I have something to hide!?" Her voice was rising, she was getting angrier but body language couldn't show it due to her restraints.

Eventually, I reach New York again and look around to see if there's been large amounts of damage since the battle

[It's more that I have to go soon and would rather not RP and entire therapy session.

@Yobo there'd probably be corpses from Boris.]

I watch Destiny for a few seconds, then turn off my Chi and cancel the telekinetic hold.

"Mh ... yes ... now I can trust you, one who lies would not behave in this way" I say, turning my head slightly.

"And besides ... the last person I trusted ... tried to kill me"

[That makes sense.]

"Okay, so basically, I should just...get over Vietnam, got it. And with this squeaky toy too, I see?" He asked.

"Yeah I just wanted to look around and see if anything else has changed like the statue did."

Faruel1998 said:
I watch Destiny for a few seconds, then turn off my Chi and cancel the telekinetic hold.
"Mh ... yes ... now I can trust you, one who lies would not behave in this way" I say, turning my turning my head slightly.

"And besides ... the last person I trusted ... tried to kill me"
"Is that so?" Destiny asked with a frown as she brushed herself off, still feeling the irritation from moments prior. "I suppose that's something you want to talk about? I'm here to listen. Trust me. I think my sense of hearing has improved more than I wanted it to.."

@yoho

"Nope not a thing, well I guess the bodies on the streets are something." He says

"And no one that could have been responsible for the Statue of Liberty."

I sit down on a bench [lets just assume there is a bench] and think about the situation we're in.

I take a deep breath, then lift a stone cube with my telekinesis and sit down.

"And be it, I'll talk to you about me ... as long as you tell me about yourself later ... and be sincere, no masks, no lies, no invented stories ... just honest sincerity" I say, raising another cube like chair for Destiny.

[This thing I'll do tomorrow, from me it's 3:30 am, good night everyone]

"And how would I know that you yourself are being honest?" Destiny asked with a raised eyebrow as she took the seat offered to her. "You could just as easily be lying to me, you know."

"I'm not really sure. I'll probably just go places I couldn't before. Maybe I'll help in some conflicts that pop up in the world. What about you?"

[hey i'd appreciate it if everyone could update their character block in the sandbox linked to in the OP pleas and thanks]

Paul Frank said:
"I'm not really sure. I'll probably just go places I couldn't before. Maybe I'll help in some conflicts that pop up in the world. What about you?"
"Not really sure. I guess I kind of want to just do what's best for everyone else, you know? Nothing in specific really."

"Yeah I know what you mean. Some of them seem like they have more than a few problems."

Jackythejack said:
"And how would I know that you yourself are being honest?" Destiny asked with a raised eyebrow as she took the seat offered to her. "You could just as easily be lying to me, you know."
"Oh, trust me, sweetie ... this doesn't lie," I say, showing her a big scar on the right side of my stomach.

Paul Frank said:
"Yeah I know what you mean. Some of them seem like they have more than a few problems."
"Well, what do you think? Should we try and see who isn't as much of a danger to the world?"

"I mean, it's a scar. It can't." She giggled. "All the same...that doesn't prove much to me. Feels more like an appeal to emotion."

Back