• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

"Nil, you were amazing and from Sam." I say I might not known him long but he was important to Sam and everyone here plus he was a good guy.

"Thank you Nil for everything and I am sorry." A recording of Sam says.

"And me." The robot says.

"... Dura and Cain kinda already know it, but, sure..."

He looks grimly at Cain as he cries out for a way to save him.

"So it all started when some guy told me if I'm so talented a critic, I should make my own project."

He starts to ramble on. About how he summoned a bunch of people from random places and a bunch of shenanigans ... all boiling down to the final showdown, where Coolguy McChad punched his cousin hard enough to allow him to actually punch his powers out of him. It's borderline incoherent considering his near death state, but there's no sense of falsehood on any of the insanity.

Coolguy's fist starts glowing, the same way it did way back when...

"I wouldn't want to keep them hanging for too long, but... You bet."

Iyl listens to the explanation intently.

"That about sums it up. Me, I'm one of those people, sort of. The truth is that I'm an avatar, not actually a real person. Sent here to observe this test from within."

Iyl explained in brief.

Ilia nodded, giving her approval as well.

"I think he has done far more than we could have expected. It would not be right to let it end here."

"I know I have been shitty, but..."

Cain's memories begin to play throughout his mind, of his time here, being with the group. Yet, all of those memories, they are slowly being erased. Nil's disappointment when he joined the wrong side, but also him nerding out about his favorite series with him and Dura, fighting Nameless, the amazement about the moon base, they all continue to play through his mind over and over. It is as if Cain's sheer willpower is trying to anchor them to reality itself.

"Please....I don't want to forget you."

Xander just sits down and thinks for a bit

Xanna doesn’t know how to feel. On one hand, Nil was an enemy a few times but, that didn’t matter now, did it? He was a good person, better than her, and she definitely wouldn’t have been able to make the choice he made.

”I’m sorry this happened Nil. I would have done something if I knew Zephyr would have been like this.”

"The test is over the goddess should be saving him did he not redeem himself, do you not want to be save?" B.O.B asks.

Nil looks at Cain and Dura, his eyes drooping all the while.

"... Do you people... have any idea how gay that sounds?"

Nil chuckles a bit... It reminds him of way back when... But right now, it's all coming to a close, ri-

Suddenly he feels something.

A shining light in the distance.

"... Wait, isn't that..."

"ohhh motherFUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"FLEX UP OF THE WILL TO PRESS ON!"

From several existences away, the inverse impact of Coolguy's punch and the retcons from everyone at the diner gives Nil a massive wakeup call, as the damage he's taken, to his body, to his status, starts rapidly reverting itself.

"I can't say I fully know what's going on up there, and to try to find out would mean leaving already."

He replied, before seeing this all go down.

"And there it is. Thank you, mother."

At his memories returning, Cain just straight up hugs Nil tight.

"If gay means happy then **** yes I'm gay."

Dura laughs with a bit of tears on his eyes... until Coolguy punches Nil... which confuses Dura. However simply smiling that Nil is slowly coming back.

With his senses barely restoring (and vastly confused, under the given circumstances), Nil has no reaction to getting hugged by Cain.

"... Oh my me you're gay."

"... Then again... I am wearing a skirt... oh yeah, I'm wearing a skirt."

Nil stretches his hand to retcon that, but... Stops in his tracks, and decides against it.

"... I should open my boundaries more I guess."

"Welcome back. As for now, well. How would you, who fought alongside us here, like to find your way up there with the rest of them? I believe that is something I have a right to say now."

"... I feel like I should be objecting more to this."
“Well, what now?”
"Oh, yeah, ugh... I can send you guys back home now, if you want. Or I can just give you something akin to a cosmic passport so you can travel the multiverse to your leisure. Just, I dunno, I've got my Retcon back, there's not a lot of limits to what I can get going."

"By this point, it shouldn't cause any harm to him any longer. I can take you all up there, if you'd like. I was intending to go myself. And no, you wouldn't have to wear a skirt."

"Home... heh. Never really had much of a home. Hell, barely existed before here." Dura remarks. With a smile. "Up there...?" He asks.

"Yeah, I've got it all wrapped back down now. I'm back to where I was and probably better than ever.... Either way, going to... whatever the place is where a bunch of dudes are watching us, sounds great. Any objections?"

Nil manages to shake off Dura and Cain, standing upright and revealing once again his star studded glory... Even if he still mostly looks human with the exception of stars covering his skin, just as it was before.

Cain looks up for a moment before looking back down. He looks at Nil for a moment, before giving a thumbs up.

"I'm all ready to go!"

Xander considers this

“Nice. I don’t know, I think I’m up for it. I feel like I’ve done what I can here. I’m up for it here.”

Xanna clears her throat

”Um, well, I have to decline Iyl. Xander can go though.”

"Up there meaning to godhood. Let us depart then, I will help lighten the load for you, Nil."

Iyl replied, smiling. Then, they revealed what would actually be used to bring them up there.

Iyl was in the possession of something with endless potential, the Magic of Origins. And, he had mastered his creation.

A light shined from him, blessed by Ilia somewhat, to become the Sorcerer of Origins. Along with Nil, he would help bring all of who wished to do so to the cafe.

"And why so, Xanna?"

His voice could be heard across the light.

Xanna looks sadly at the light

”All this made me realize something. Xander was willing to potentially sacrifice himself to make me, and yet, I’ve never even been really able to see past myself, not like Nil learned to. I don’t think godhood is something I deserve. I will miss all of you though.”

she looks to be actually tearing up, just a bit

"Well. Live out your life as you choose, I hope you can find fulfillment in whatever form it brings itself to you. I will make sure to visit here at times myself."

"... You don't have to become a god you know. I could probably just give you a few perks and let you do whatever, as a person. Don't need to go that much past where you are now. Heck... Why don't I give you all a care package?"

Retcon flashes over the area.

Everyone gains:

Dimensional travel, on the scale of VSBWRP's multiverse.

Some degree of Pierce, like what Nil used on Zephyr. Just so, even if they're up against the wall, there is a chance for them to fight back.

"I could also give you guys some retcon if you wanted, but... for those of you who still want to be normal, entirely understandable."

"Personally... I would like to have Retcon. But not on such a broad scale. After all, I already somewhat rejected my humanity but... everything still needs a challenge somewhat, even if I am as powerful as a god... kinda." Dura says with a smile, taking off his boosted gear and bronze armor as he was out of combat. Sporting his normal clothes.

Cain looks at himself for a moment and begins to...evaluate for a moment. He tried to do what's best for this world out of guilt for his previous one, yet it lead him down a path that diverged so off course. He suspects that this Retcon might not even let him fix himself, but...even now his vision has not changed. He wants to create a better world and as he ascends to what he expects to be a higher plane of existence, it feels that his chains of guilt begin to disappear.

"How much of that Retcon do you have left? I wouldn't mind it too."

He looks over to Dura, and smiles. He sure is a screwed up person but pretty much everyone else is.

"Looks like we're gonna be sparring as Gods, eh?"

"I want to protect existence as I was programmed godhood would likely help. Now what will happen to my creator, Sam." They say ascending with the others.

@Yobo_Blue

"Are you sure Xanna? You could learn to see past yourself if you're given godhood still." Izumi says, standing by the light

"You're the main ally I had out of everyone here, after we did that thing with the goblins, we stuck together generally. It would be a shame to see you stay behind."

Back