• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The universe DIDN'T shake... but there's still a feat to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one last argument and it's a bit of a cop-out but the WoG from the author himself states people felt it, meaning that it had to reach the planets. There is no way you can mince those words it is very direct and if it hadn't happened he would have just been like "no people didn't feel it at all". That's the last thing I can really say unless I somehow pull something out of my ass.

"Some", felt it

Some people besides Kirito were there in that fight

"Some", felt it

Some people besides Kirito were there in that fight
He specifically mentions the Underworld as in the entire place. And at this point we know Underworld has grown much larger (although interestingly enough iirc no more than 10k people can exist in it). If Stiica, Lauranei, Asuna, and Alice where the only ones who felt it Reki would have just said that instead of specifically mentioning Underworld itself. (Also the mention of the Gabriel fight helps reinforce the whole more people than those in fight feeling it given it was only Kirito and Gabriel.)

Last edited:
Either way his phrasing is nowhere near specific enough to consider using by my take, since the preface to that is "since it has been suggested" and the likes, which isn't really something you say when you want to give a very specific answer about what does or doesn't happen

(Along with them "feeling" said system rewrite still not really having physical effects in a fashion we can calculate regardless)

If anything, I myself am leaning more towards a possibly rating at this point like Joycap proposed, it seems feasible given there is some proof to suggest the shockwaves were powerful and real enough to reach Cardina and Admina and that Reki says some people felt it but the points you bring up are also valid but I feel like they don’t entirely disprove things just call them into question which makes possibly honestly the best option.

given there is some proof to suggest the shockwaves were powerful and real enough to reach Cardina and Admina
There really isn't. It's a vague WoG statement and hypersensitive sensors of a magical ability (and no physical sensors which exist even in our own world, much less the Underworld) going off and people finding that weird. That's not the kind of thing you upgrade a character by two entire numbered tiers for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back