• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

Izumi focuses her own attacks on Zephyr still, knowing that while anti magic shouldn't be an issue anymore Amakros's things would still be tricky if used, so she just piles it on, even if it couldn't cause much damage, it would at least work to distract him and keep him occupied.

The numbers just continue increasing, as the already existing spells continue firing, while her multitude of vectors vibrated through the ground behind Zephyr, hoping to stab into and keep him from running away through large amount of neutrons being produced within him, which cause several contained nuclear explosions.

The absence of truth in the space between them muddies the Attractive Force, putting Cain's overall distance a bit before he intended, leaving him open to Amakros launching a flurry of magic missiles...

Until B.O.B rushes in, taking a brunt of the attacks and tackling Amakros head on. And as that happens, Cain manages a clean hit, shattering whatever resembles Amakros' skull with immense force.

Amaterasu ignites, immolating Zephyr's entire body... He manages to keep upright, lifting his arm to block Xanna's shield charge, but...

It's obvious enough he's faltering. The hit knocks him back substantially, as his legs start to shake. And on top of that, he's nailed with spells from Izumi, now that Amakros has been distracted just enough that a few are able to get through...

Then Dura's attack. Though his energy reserves were drained, and his will was fading... maybe it was his friends, or that inner Dragon Spirit... But it roars out, far more impressive than it has any right to be in this state, and hits Zephyr right between the eyes.

With that, his stance completely fumbles. His transformation falters, as he falls over, his shape returning to a man in a suit... albeit, mortally wounded.

"... I... Heh... I guess I couldn't manage this..."

Everyone's individual transformations and amplifications falter as well, as the battle finally seems to reach a close.

Cain looks at the body of Amakros before blowing his body up with a ball of nuclear energy for good measure. With that, he teleports back to the group and sees Zephyr.

Dura still looks confused. His everything does nothing but his literal nothing did... more damage than his everything? Even despite him barely being able to do stuff. This was... confusing as all hell to Dura. He doesn't say a single word.

I teleport to join Cain and Dura. "Told you so and good job. Cain I think I understand why Sam liked you so much." B.O.B say laying next to them.

Cain stops looking at Zephyr as he suddenly feels the rebound of Limiter Removal.

"Oh no, not good."

Suddenly, an immense amount of pain flares throughout his entire body as he drops to the floor in agony.

"Oh thank god."

Cain stands up and rubs his head, groaning slightly. He looks over to Dura with a tired smile.

"Think so now."

[I'll be honest, even to the moment of posting, I'm a little bit uncertain about this, but... This is kinda my vision for how I wanted Nil's character arc to progress, and I want to stick to that. Don't worry, you guys will all get your conclusions unimpeded, once this is done.]

The nuclear blast obliterates what seems to be Amakros' body.

"... Yeah..."

Nil breathes in and out, empowering his guns yet again and pointing them at the man coated in black flames.

"... You know, it's weird. You seemed like a big, noble guy, and you managed to get everyone on your side until you started pulling the global corruption thing. With how persuasive you were... Why didn't you just rule over humanity normally? You definitely could have managed it."

"... Frankly, I don't believe in humanity. I've seen them fail, over and over and over again... And... it's funny that I brought Amakros of all people out as a last ditch effort. Because he was the embodiment of what I hated... Arrogance, blind faith in one's kind because they can believe in themselves... I knew demons were volatile, but I also knew they had their own set of rules that I had authority over. Even if I understood their flaws... Demons were something I could believe in. Do you believe in humanity, as it is?"

"..."

Nil goes silent for a bit... Thinking about everything, and looking around him.

"What can I say, times have changed. I've changed, ever since I was the person you exposed me to be. I've kinda had to believe in them... And it hasn't really failed me so far."

"You... have to? You just went along with what you were told, refusing to carve your own path or seek change?"

He chuckles a bit...

"Then I've already won."

With that, a chill comes over everyone.

Suddenly, the laws of the world shift.

THE WORK

... Cain now comes to the horrifying realization... That even if he did a great deal of damage, the only thing he truly destroyed... was the Doppleganger. Some shadows that represent Amakros still lingered, even if those shadows are twitching against Zephyr's control.

"... To shift the laws of the universe is quite the accomplishment, I cannot deny... it can even bend time to grant one's wishes, if used wisely."

They feel it too, Zephyr's corruption accelerating over the entire planet, sweeping across the moon as they barely have time to even react.

"..."

Nil takes it all in... The very world coming undone as they know it...

Then again. There's just one thing he stuffed far up his sleeve... Far enough that he hoped to never have to bring it out.

"You know, you have a fair point. All this time, I've mostly just been trying to get back on my feet. Rolling with stuff and hoping I don't let the earth get so wrecked that Ichika would consider me a failure and make sure to make my departure permanent this time."

Nil looks around again, even allowing a smile to creep upon his face.

"But... You guys? In the face of this..."

"Yeah, I'm going to believe in humanity. Because I have a lot of good friends here that made the journey worth it. Through all the random BS and things going left and right... And, I got to star in one of the shows I passed the time with, so, win win."

"But I guess all good things have to come to an end.

Nil starts glowing silver again, then Red, then he puts his finger up to his head.

"... My status isn't nearly as far off as you might have thought it was, looking at me. It's been building up, just out of reach... But right now, I don't care what happens to me. I'm going to reach for it."

Jeahbongchim... Beyond reasonability.

A moment of stillness washes over everyone. Then, suddenly, the corruption is entirely removed, being replaced by a starry, cosmic landscape as far as the eye can see.

"... You...?"

Zephyr coughs out, confused as anyone else at this turn of events, staring at Nil.

Nil, who's body had seemingly become the epicenter for this landscape. His body shining brightly, though it still retains the general shape he's been known for this whole time.

"... Your concept of demon overrode Ilya and Ichika's capabilities... But I am the source of their powers, just as I told you. As you can see, it turns out that I edge them out just enough when I'm like this. And speaking of Ichika... I'm fulfilling her promise. I'm sending you back home."

Zephyr... Can't help but crumble to the ground in defeat. They all pulled out their absolute in desperation... rest is his only option.

"Retcon."

Zephyr disappears, whisked back to his homeland. And as the wave of power washes over everyone, the earth around them starts to be restored. Humanity is no longer cut to a fraction of it's overall population, nor are they forced onto the moonbase in a chaotic situation. Nor are any of the buildings destroyed... Cities irradiated... or buildings crumbled, even. And thus, everyone just finds themselves at a castle in good old, every day Transylvania.

... Then Nil feels the pulsing within his being.

The stars within and without him dissipate, as he coughs out a great deal of blood, collapsing onto the ground.

Before the Retcon occurred, Cain noticed what Nil had just said, recognizing it as the true name of Limiter Removal. But, he shakes it off and runs over to Nil, combining his enhanced senses to try and tell the state he is in.

Xander looks legitimately sad

”Is there anything we can do to fix him Xanna?”

The Oni woman for once looks legitimately shaken as well.

”Even if we could do something, I don’t think it would work.”

Iyl looks over at Nil. Their expression seems to actually shift for once, a mix of happiness and sadness.

"I'll be honest. I didn't expect this experiment to end up like this. Maybe you weren't as bad as we once thought."

He spoke in a tone that was somewhat different to usual, but still distinctly him.

Ichika and the rest of the die 1 pantheon has been watching this whole thing go down, most likely completely dumbfounded right up until that last moment.

"N...Nil... did he just-?" Ichika barely manages to sputter out.

Fleet nods, seemingly unfazed, yet still, with a small sense of surprise yet somehow... pride. "He sacrificed himself to save humanity huh..."

"... He did exactly what I expected him to... For the most part."

Coolguy looks down as well, with growing concern... This really might be it, huh?

"... Yeah... she's kinda right."

From what Cain can tell, his body is just... entirely dissolving. On every level, perhaps even memory if this goes on long enough, his existence is burning.

"... It's the rubber band thing, you know... Try to stretch your power to cosmic scale, it hits back hard... It only worked in the first place because of who I was, but..."

More blood leaks out of him, only to turn to mist.

"Trust me Iyl, I was... I was a crappy, cosmic child who couldn't really see past his own Ego. The only reason I'm like this now is mostly cause I had that Ego forcibly shoved out of me... I learned a lot of things. How it's not just about how people look at you, I guess... Or you can get to the top without screwing someone else over... Dammit I dunno."

He feels the strength fading rapidly. The only thing he has now is just... Not going limp outright from all this pain.

"You're right. We shouldn't devalue the changes you made to yourself. They did bring you here after all. I wonder how you managed to call on that power, maybe some did get left over after all, from back then..."

Iyl mused out loud.

"I feel like now would be a time to tell everyone the full story, don't you?"

In the cafe..

"He really did manage to change after all, huh. And it seems he still had some of that power left in him in the end."

Ilia noted, showing a bit more emotion than usual herself.

"D-Don't go, Nil!" Dura says, now concerned more than before that his friend was... dying, no, dissapearing. He didn't want that, especially for a friend as close as Nil, he started crying tears...

------------

"Personally, I think he proved his worth, that he is not the same being as before.... so I think he should be paid back in a fair way." Fleet states.

"...It's respectable." Ichika nods. "By all accounts, he passed my test."

Ichika raises her arm, which begins to glow with godly power. "So... shall I save him?"

Back