• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

The clash happens, the Charges are activated and then, not much happens.

Zephyr's own sword fades out of existence, and Amakros' usage of The Work achieves little.

Nil's hand flies at Amakros to shove him out of the way of whatever remained, though it is rather slow compared to everyone here, and gets stopped by a barrier.

Charges are down, make your moves while you can.

Zephyr swings down... Only to find that Maldicion doesn't take effect, nor does Amakros' usage of The Work.

He looks at the armor now surrounding him, then at Xanna.

"...Xanna. Izumi. I need the two of you to get as far away from the planet as you possibly can."

The king of demons manifests a spear, stabbing it into the ground. Immediately, the four of them can feel a deep cosmic law come into effect. Zephyr and Amakros are essentially locked from everybody else... forced into Single Combat.

"Amakros, Alchemist, so-called protector of Humanity." He speaks with his voice magically magnified, speaking once more with his kingly tones. "It pains me to erase the knowledge you possess from this earth. If in the hands of a better man, perhaps it could have helped the humans you claim to care for. But as King, the duty of executing your darkness from this world falls upon me."

High-Speed incantation goes into effect. To Amakros, what Zephyr speaks happens in a mere instant, but to the King, he can feel every word of it resonating deep within his soul, burning with inward passion until it's ready to be released.

I am the bone of my sword

Mythril is my body and Curses are my blood

I have ruled over a thousand blades

Unknown to defeat, nor known to dishonor

Have withstood 300 years of trials to climb to my peak

Acting now, my will is Absolute!

So, As I pray...

Unlimited Lost Works.

With Zephyr's final chant, only the last three words of which Amakros is properly able to decipher from the language of demons, all of his surroundings are bathed in blue fire. When the light fades, the Alchemist and the King stand in an infinite landscape, a snowy, mountainous wasteland, the sky above illuminated by a full moon. Dotting the fields are blades. Blades of infinite number, of all possible types and designs, stretching onward into infinity.

"Your power, The Work, is a strong one. Indeed, the ultimate dream of humanity, the rewriting of the very laws that govern your kind, is among the most powerful forces in this world. But this place is one that supplants that dream. I have but one request, Amakros."

Tens of Thousands of blades manifest behind Zephyr, all poised to kill.

"Allow me to wake you from your foolish dream."

Last edited:
”mmmmmmmmmkay”

Xanna deploys her world shield to block the effects for her and Izumi long enough for her to get out, than follows her

(First of all, he is currently under disguise which is both shapeshifting and illusion manip. Second of all, wait patiently before doing that because we haven't determined where we're going. Jesus)

Izumi nods, tosses a pebble on the ground with <Limnet> cast on it, and takes the opportunity provided by the deployment of the world shield to use <Gatom> and bring herself, Xanna, and Dura into the moon base.

"Good luck then." She'd say telepathically to Zephyr as the three left

Once inside there, she points to a wall, and the vision of the area in front of the pebble is broadcast like a television show so they could see.

Last edited:
Dura just sighs, still in disguise... which looks like a female version of him wearing a nice dress. However he quickly changes back to normal, as he looks onto the fight.

"You have not the right to determine the fate of humanity, daemonic scum. I've heard your words come from the mouths of hundreds, thousands, but the result was the same. I can see clear through your lies..."

The world changes around us, as Zephyr's reality marble takes effect.

"I'd always hated the world, for causing all the suffering it did. I always thought 'what if I could make it better, what if I could make a new world?' I thought I'd have to do it the hard way, but my memories were returned to me, and now I see.

"Your world means nothing to me."

The interlocking patterns of light swirling around my head, mounted on a twig-like figure of shadow floating a few inches above the ground, glow with greater intensity than before. Accelerating my personal time greatly to keep up with the demon, the swarms of blades around me are either unraveled at the sub-atomic level or redirected by taking hold of the controlling magic power, but I notice that most of them are seemingly immune to the effects of The Work.

I hunch over, the Blade Blade extending upwards from the center of my back towards the moon as a pitch-black liquid drips from my body onto the ground. The Doppelganger tears from my body somewhat, leaving my upper body a simple mannequin of shadows, and grasps at the blade as it gains ever-deeper shadows of darkness, taking in the very night itself. The laws of magic turn in on themselves, and a massive wave of incredibly rich counter-magic and Deepflames is unleashed from the Doppelganger as it lets loose a disturbingly human below, cutting its hands open on the blade. The remaining blades have no real way to survive this, either dissolved by the Deepflames or removed from the demon's control by the counter-magic, and the wave only continues to propagate outwards without losing any density.

Thousands more take their place, with no end in sight, all shooting into Amakros. It matters not the power he has, as before the sheer infinite might and versatility, even with only a tiny fraction surviving, hundreds of blades still pierce through. Amakros is impaled, skewered, upon dozens of blades, and even as he regenerates the wounds, more take their place.

"I am the bone of my sword... RHO AIAS!"

A seven-petaled flower of light forms before Zephyr, from which a seven-layered shield manifests. The wave of deepflames crashes against it, a tidal wave of dark fire surging past Zephyr, but the shield holds, not even cracking before the flame's might.

In one hand, Zephyr manifests a new weapon. It is a lance, silver in color, with its hilt breaking into ornate spirals of light. The very presence of the blade is one that tugs at his soul, tearing away at the laws of reality itself. It's not what Amakros expected from Zephyr, perhaps, but rather one that exudes a different presence. A holy presence.

"This is the end. As your life withers away, the End of the Work shall be unleashed. I am the King of Demons, the wave that will swallow your dream. I am the one who shall bring an end you. ... But feel no sadness. Happiness shall be granted to humanity. Their limited lives will receive eternity, freedom, and protection. I will free them from their suffering, Standing as the king of my loyal subjects. That is the meaning behind what I do, Amakros. THE ULTIMATE CONCLUSION OF WHAT IT MEANS TO BE KING!"

As Rho Aias begins to crack and break, he points the lance forward.

"Light, may you be released from the ends of the world. Split the heavens and tether the earth, anchor of the storm!"

The tip of the spear grows with holy light as reality itself begins to fracture. The work itself is rendered moot before the lance's sheer power.

"Rhongomyniad!"

To Amakros, his entire vision glows white. The Doppelganger is shattered, the countermagic and deepflames burning away as he takes the full brunt of something that even he cannot quite describe. A torrent of golden light, enough to tear away the earth and bring about the age of the gods back to the world, surges into him, engulfing him entirely. Such is its power that even Unlimited Lost Works and Amakros' own Pocket Dimension, the Phylactery that has protected him for so long, are being ripped away.

Everything about the artificial world they stood in ceases to be.

No law, no power under the Earth or beyond it could bring this destruction to a halt, the light violently rips apart every single one of the infinite swords within the dimension, as the spear breaks down all semblance of sense and reality, as an age of foreign nature is forced on this world and its very nature is painfully rejected.

Amakros fades as he witnesses this ultimate light, feeling everything that once bound him to this world and to his life become unfamiliar, different. To him, this single moment feels like an eternity.

Nil looks at the scene, with yet another reality marble being pulled out... Cain's left with that other guy and apparently Sam is just outright gone, but... Come on, come on...

Amakros charged in with barely any rational. Sure, Zephyr definitely wasn't trustworthy, but... How much of this can be justified? Can they really just turn down Zephyr entirely out of a standardized opinion?

... Maybe not, but... still... It would be backing up everything Zephyr used against him to sit still while his allies are taken out!

Nil searches for solutions, trying to come up with something... then suddenly, he feels a sudden shift in his vision.

"... What?"

His sight felt like it was shifting between layers... Dimensions. He hadn't viewed the world like this in a long time... his sight peered into other dimensions, and he can feel his powers can reach into them as well, even if not raising their magnitude by a cardinal number like one would expect.

"... Is it because of the power increases? Or... maybe I've just had no reason to repress my past anymore... Whatever, I can't think about it!"

Through this, maybe it was possible to slip an attack into the reality marble in a way Zephyr wasn't prepared for... He could throw them off!

"GIGA HOLY ARK!"

It disappears into higher space, and weaving through dimensions, comes in and scatters itself, launching an array of projectiles...

But... It is too late. The blast has been fired, and just flailing around energy blasts in a space he can't see can't change that, can it...?

(Inside Sam's mind)

"Hibernation normally doesn't let rodents dream however the two primates that do hibernate can, the two being me and the fat-tailed dwarf lemur. How do I contact Ichika. I am only limited by my mind in my dreams but even then I don't know how to contact them in the first place much less in here where I can even contact a friend." They think.

"... Huh."

Velav teleports down to them, to the rubble, to the destruction.

"Well, hello, fellows. My name is Velav, at your unservice!~" The unstable man of odd physicality and looks bows with a smile on his mystic face.

"Oi oi, no need to be hasty! Introductions, please. Zephyr, isn't it? So nice to meet you!"

They scan their head towards the... rubble and destruction.

"Looks like he isn't doing so hot, himself."

... Of course it didn't work. Amakros is down... Normally, the death of an ally should be a sad occasion, but... this is barely melancholy. Or perhaps more potent, is the disappointment brewing in Nil's heart.

He approaches the scene, looking at them and the newcomer... Wait. Oh. That's a Valev clone. Cool.

... But that's an issue for later. For now, he just lowers his guns and looks at the scene, defeated.

Zephyr looks at the rubble, sighing. "No, it wouldn't appear so. Even in my own relam, the destruction managed to reach this place. At least my castle is mostly unharmed."

He looks over at Nil. "...Are you going to fight me too? I highly suggest that you don't do that."

"... Not really sure about it. But you know what? If Dura and Cain are my allies, I'm not going to turn my back on them. I'm staying right here until they're ready to talk about it."

(Still in Sam's mind)

"Ichika, I am unable to leave here, so can I be told if I got accepted or not." Sam says sitting down on a chair she thought into existence.

(Still in Sam's mind)

"Ichika, I am unable to leave here, so can I be told if I got accepted or not." Sam says sitting down on a chair she thought into existence.
"We'll........ See."

Ichika yeets Sam back to her home world, letting her keep her powers. It'll probably be fine.

"So then we have a truce, for now?" He magically repairs his suit, dusting the rubble off. "You're not too hung up about Amakros, I would hope."

Dura would get teleported thanks to Izumi, he stares at Nil and approaches him. He bows to him, a bit in shame. "Nil... I'm sorry but I decided to ally with them. I mean, they got only one motive that I hate but... the others are valid to me, and they promise they won't kill unless necessary. I am not trying to get you to join but instead stating my reasons" Dura says, getting back onto a normal stance. "I apologize in advance if it makes you unhappy..."

Velav watches patiently.

"... an alliance between friend and foe alike, torn apart by alignment, thought, and consideration. How cruel, how sad, how unfortunate - but forward is the only direction."

Then, he spins around in place, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well, I have little stake here. All I can muster is that I wish but the worst to each of you and I think we'll all have a splendid time together!~ If you need me, I'll be hanging out in... ah, Poland!"

"... Amakros was still an ally. Even on day one of this whole mess, he was one of the people who teamed up with me to take on Nameless and the Goblins in Moscow. You used me hiding information against me to say my allies shouldn't trust me. I can't help but feel I should have jumped in the moment Amakros did. Not to fight you, but to cover him and try to convince him to pick a better fight."

"Dura. He wouldn't attack you if you didn't attack him first. Are you sure that's all?"

"Wait Pola- oh. Oh boy."

"Oh, god, not Poland again," Ichika bangs her head on the table. "At least it's not Greenland..."

"You confessed to your past. It was my intuition- and Dura's conventient prior use of fusion- that caused you to do so. My disdain for your actions has been made quite clear, but I am willing to ignore that disdain... if you aid me from now on."

He Tightens his Cravat.

"Honestly? Not sure why you're surprised, at this point." He crosses his arms and puffs his face a bit.

"Well, off to cure cancer. Give me a call if you need me, at 123-456-78910."

And with that, Velav is off to Poland. @ me if you need me.

"... You saw my past. Unless I missed one of your abilities, you never saw my future, yeah? I'd like to think I'm not the same person as before, if that's what you're worried about. I can't be mad at you for reacting like this to seeing horrific stuff in my head. All I've got to ask you is... Does one fight make you trust Zephyr more than me?"

"It's not that... I trust you both equally but... I just prefer being on Zephyr's side for now. And I am worried a bit but I know you are not the same person you were back then, I mean, hell, you didn't act like you did in your memories."

"Then why? Why are you going to walk over to yet another world conquerer type who is quite literally a demon when you don't think I'm worse?"

"You straight up said in front of all of us that your culture is full of violence and bloodshed, I'd say it's less prejudice and more warranted uncertainty."

"You straight up said in front of all of us that your culture is full of violence and bloodshed, I'd say it's less prejudice and more warranted uncertainty."
"Well it was with Satanael running it! I'd like to think I'm a bit more distinguished." He does sound legitimately offended, if nothing else.

"Let me be clear that... I believe on the beliefs he has to an extent. And I will try to avoid him making anything bad, since he himself asked me to be his 'moral compass', so I'm gonna make him stay in the right path."

Back