• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

"I don't fully understand what you mean, but I do understand some of it. Your first point is completely valid, and I have no way to argue against that. The issue of goblin cells being absorbed is something that simply giving them ranged combat options does not fix, because during battle they constantly release spores that grow into new goblins. Even if they were fully aware of the problems that a single spore falling into the hands of The Colonel could cause, the effort needed to get rid of any possibility of such occurring would completely neuter their effectiveness, making the entire venture pointless."

"Beyond this point, I require more information on the abilities of The Colonel and his forces that I have yet to see, which is likely as they have been low on my priority list for a while now."

[wait hold up
"if their adaption is such a issue, having more allies to burn through it more quickly would be preferable"
the hell does this even mean? The goblins are the ones with the adaption]

“I agree, but we don’t have to have the goblins do the ranged combat. We have enough cloning capabilities here that we could simply requisition equipment and give it to the clone, thus ignoring any contact. I’d also like to warn them just so that they could stay far away from the area. I’m sure you aren’t against the idea of them leaving, which they might if they feel like they‘re at risk. At the very least, it’s worth asking the goblins for more information about their capabilities, something we can use against them if need be. Getting information under the guise of logistics would be a blessing, as there is a small possibility we lack the means to fully analyze them ourselves”

Last edited:
So was it her dog or not?
I decide that’s not too important since it didn’t seem to be hostile.
“Thank you very much.” I’m looking forward to seeing what this medicandy is capable of. Even if it’s not as good as my abilities or the others’ healing magic, having something more easily distributable will be useful.

"Considering his words that I've heard, he is immensely arrogant and full of himself. He's exactly the type of person to personally appear to finish off opponents he believes he can destroy on his own, and he clearly has a low opinion of us in general. Simply put, he's much more likely to appear in person than you'd think, even if he's unlikely to stay if the tide turns even slightly. Furthermore, what you said about his forces simply reinforces my own stance that involving the goblins causes problems regardless of the specifics of what the supernatural interactions entail."
"He didn't stick around to finish me, Dura and Cain off when we waltzed up to the white house unprepared... Then again, one of his soldiers mentioned he had an interest in us. I doubt that's changed up till now. And, I'm pretty sure him appearing at all was an illusion, or at least, an illusion took his place after combat started. He may be arrogant, but he doesn't seem too keen on letting that put him at a disadvantage. All I know is, liberating the US via destroying his forces and supplying the rebels with advanced weapons should be a higher priority than trying to eliminate the Colonel."

“Yeah, with that in mind, after this aid discussion we should probably clarify our group goals, since we’re not gonna get anything unless we have a specific strategic goal in mind“

"... that makes sense, yes. I can agree to that without any issues."

I turn back to Nil.

"I see. The problem with not going directly for him is that, going by what I've seen of him, the supply of his stronger forces is limited without his direct creation of them and as long as he is present, he will constantly be gaining force at an exponential rate."

So was it her dog or not?
I decide that’s not too important since it didn’t seem to be hostile.
“Thank you very much.” I’m looking forward to seeing what this medicandy is capable of. Even if it’s not as good as my abilities or the others’ healing magic, having something more easily distributable will be useful.
"Alright! Initiating Deedeemensional Travel!"

To Hope's surprise, Deedee walks up and hugs him tightly, wrapping her arms around him. She then crouches and leaps into the air hard enough to break... many kinds of barriers. Most importantly, the barrier of space-time. Hope's atoms tremble, and he then finds himself in a very high-tech looking bedroom. It's also covered in potted plants and gardening tools, and what appears to be a bright pink bunny sleeping in a cage.

"This is my room. I will show you to the medicandy!"

“I agree, but we don’t have to have the goblins do the ranged combat. We have enough cloning capabilities here that we could simply requisition equipment and give it to the clone, thus ignoring any contact. I’d also like to warn them just so that they could stay far away from the area. I’m sure you aren’t against the idea of them leaving, which they might if they feel like they‘re at risk. At the very least, it’s worth asking the goblins for more information about their capabilities, something we can use against them if need be. Getting information under the guise of logistics would be a blessing, as there is a small possibility we lack the means to fully analyze them ourselves”
[this]

“Alright, glad we agree. I assume I shouldn’t mention your mass goblin murder to them. I know you had the best intentions at heart, but like, might have been too early.“

"I see. The problem with not going directly for him is that, going by what I've seen of him, the supply of his stronger forces is limited without his direct creation of them and as long as he is present, he will constantly be gaining force at an exponential rate."
"I understand that, but, getting to the colonel is already going to be a pain on it's own. If we can lure him out via taking down his forces and ripping away his influence, we should take that win, but, as of right now? The only thing we can be certain of is that we can't allow Nazi Vampires to continue controlling the US."

“Yeah, with that in mind, after this aid discussion we should probably clarify our group goals, since we’re not gonna get anything unless we have a specific strategic goal in mind“
"Alright, in order..."

"We're going to invade the US with an army of Sam's clones, Goblin weaponry, and whatever Iyl can cook up. We'll be taking out vampires and fortifying whatever ground we get, making absolute sure that the vampires can't just retake it with a flood of units."

"When the Colonel shows his face, we will attack as relentlessly as we can and try to take him out. If he doesn't go down, continue with the invasion."

"In the process of that, we'll watch out for any other threats and try to quell them before they expand to something major."

[Unless I'm missing a post somewhere, all I said is that I was "dealing with them." Your guy could probably infer that doesn't involve diplomacy, but he has no real idea exactly what happened]

[It was a reasonable enough guess with the fact that Amakaros didn’t want to let the goblins know anything. It’s a guess, so you can deny it in character and that would be fine, since I can’t prove the fact even though I could guess]

I give the man a strange look as both I and my Doppelganger search through our shared memories for where he might've figured that out. The best we can assume is that he's making a leap based on my comment to the one who telepathically contacted us. I say nothing, though.

I turn back to Nil.

"Is there anywhere I need to specifically be or stay around for now?"

"Is there anywhere I need to specifically be or stay around for now?"
"I don't think you'll need to be on the front lines. You could probably wait to deal with any threats that pop up, or come in when the Colonel shows his face. Just make sure to watch from here."

“Contacting the goblins isn’t urgent though is it? I kind of wanted to make an actual meal first. Iyl, you should have a stove and some butter in here right?”
Xander goes to the fridge and starts to make himself a sandwich

There is in fact such a thing present.

"I will mention one thing, in regards to dealing with the Colonel. As it happens, I have an ability that allows me to sequester myself and other beings from normal reality for a period of time. If used on him, it could place him in a position where he is alone against all of us."

Iyl would say, having remained quiet the entire time, as he was very curious to what they would do.

Cain is currently enhancing his Lamp to become nearly unbreakable by the team's standards currently, but he is nowhere close yet.

“Amazing…”
I quickly look around, to see if I can tell what the plants and bunny are, before following Deedee.
The plants appear to be a mix of herbs, vegetables, flowers, and things like Aloe. There's no apparent rhyme or reason to it. Also, the bunny seems to be laced with magic and is oddly sweet-smelling.

Deedee leads you out into a walkway overlooking a MASSIVE chamber. Like, inside-of-the-death-star type megastructure. Hundreds of floating, high-tech buildings, all connected by floating tunnels and walkways, line the colossal inside of the sphere, and the top half of the sphere is a multi-segmented dome looking out into space. It's, for lack of a better word, amazing.

"Welcome to Etronia!

"I will mention one thing, in regards to dealing with the Colonel. As it happens, I have an ability that allows me to sequester myself and other beings from normal reality for a period of time. If used on him, it could place him in a position where he is alone against all of us."
"Alright. He may have an escape method, but it's good to know. In any case... I think we've just about addressed everything. Sam should prepare more clones, Xander should get weapons from the goblins, Iyl should generate weapons of her own, and... I guess, without anything else to do, Me, Mobius, Dura, Cain and whoever else should just train up and try to increase our powers as much as possible."

Though, before Nil actually goes to train, he brings out the extra beans from earlier, and plants them in a small garden area, with a UV light and automatic watering to make sure they'll be fine.

Xander finishes his grilled cheese sandwich and begins to dial up Natch, moving the conversation to another room to not bother the others
well, here goes nothing, hope she picks up, since this is probably the fastest line of communication with the goblins I have right now

I look around in stunned silence for a bit, looking at the surrounding area and watching the flow of electricity [and I assume magic].
I take note of any living beings if I see any, then say, “It’s a beautiful place.”

@Blah

It is indeed filled with magic, as well as a strange sort of energy you don't recognize. And it's indeed filled with people. Goblins, Humans, and all manner of other humanoids, many of whom have animalistic features like ears and tails. They're all wearing different types of futuristic-looking clothing.

"Mhmm! Took us a while to build. Come on!" The excited goblin general practically drags him away to a room labeled "Medbay B-8". The inside is pristine and white, though strangely empty of people. Hope can see several dispensers that say "take one", each filled with colorful-looking spheres.

@Yobo_Blue

"Yeah, I can. What's up, you wanted to hear my voice that bad?" She teases.

...she’s been flirting with me hasn’t she?
”Sorry for bothering you, it’s just a bit of an emergency. You have something to take notes or can you remember it on your own?”

As I’m dragged to the med bay, I pull out a few pencils and notepads, construct several hands out of thread cells, and quickly sketch and write as much information as I can about every species I see. If I have enough time, my documentation includes how closely they relate to humans, the regular goblins, and other species; charts of the muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems; diagrams of different types and patterns of energy flow; average pulse rate, body temperature, blood pressure, sizes of different cell types; and more.
After arriving in the med-bay, I take a candy from one of the dispensers, then I ask, “Are they all the same? And is it alright if I take more than one?”

Iyl would suddenly look very stunned.

"What... just happened? The Colonel is... gone? The vampires are in disarray." Iyl would announce, making sure all in the facility heard them.

Back