• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

“Also, do we need a team name? I think considering all the disaster happening, we could use the morale boost of a good name. That’s just my opinion though, so take it with a grain of salt.”

"... I kinda already established it as the Stubborners when me and the other guys invaded Moscow, but you weren't there for that."

"Doggo!" Deedee runs over to pet the strange dog-like thing. Ignoring your question... After a good long petting session, she turns back. "I will take you to get medicandy."

I move closer to Nil, not really whispering to him but still speaking to him without direct intention of others hearing or paying attention.

"If you encounter The Colonel and a skirmish starts, you need to contact me immediately. Given what you noted about his powers over darkness, I could use it to either complete the final portion of or over-charge a weapon I'm working on."

I motion to the shard of pure blackness that has been following me.

Xander finishes his cheese

”In any case, if we’re starting prep, should I go and see if the goblins are willing to talk?”

Cain looks at the shard of pure blackness, now he wants to improve his Lamp.

"Hey, is there a place like a forge?"

I look back to the man who mentioned the goblins.

"I think it's better if they aren't aware of our activities. The remaining leader gives me an incredibly... off feeling, and it's not related to its larger combat form. Also, what is your name?"

“Well, we need more of a reason to ignore the possibility of their help than a hunch or feeling. We need all the help we can get, and unless them knowing poses an immediate threat to us, I think we could all agree this is for the best.”

"If you encounter The Colonel and a skirmish starts, you need to contact me immediately. Given what you noted about his powers over darkness, I could use it to either complete the final portion of or over-charge a weapon I'm working on."
He replies just as quietly.

"... Interesting. I'll keep it in mind."
"Hey, is there a place like a forge?"
"Given what Iyl explained, there is now that you've thought it was necessary."

"Not to be rude, but intuition is much more trustworthy than you seem to think it is, especially considering the rather varied nature of our abilities. Furthermore, there's the abilities of The Colonel himself, which could have an incredibly unhelpful reaction to goblin cells that makes him and his forces even more of an issue."

“Maybe. In that case, we could know the nature of your special intuition abilities right? And if they do have a poor reaction, then we should find out. I’m sure Iyl could use his magic to verify the truth of either of those things.”

"I'm rather adept in "magical thinking", connecting things that appear or simply are unrelated according to normal physics, and regular thinking as it were. The being that composes the armor-like sections of my body has... especially violent and obvious reactions to magic and such, which several goblins, including the remaining leader, have triggered. Additionally, your reasoning for asking for aid is objectively faulty, as it doesn't account for the actual reaction itself and merely treats it as an unknown variable."

“Can you clarify what you mean by me treating the reaction as a variable? I’m very curious on the specifics of your reasoning. As for your power, I’m sure Iyl can verify that then, as well as the other aforementioned things. Even I’d you can though, I don’t think it takes into account context for whatever you predict, does it?”

“I should probably also ask the rest of you what you think of allying with the goblins too. We shouldn’t hog the discussion, you guys matter too.”

"You're treating the reaction as something that merely happens, not good or bad, but there are two likely results of that interaction and neither are good. One is that nothing special happens in relation to goblin cells, in which case more of The Colonel's forces are brought to bare unless we can muster an army comparable in size, thus making it harder to actually get to The Colonel. The other is that The Colonel manages to fuse goblin physiology with himself and his servants, making their efforts completely pointless and ours stunted to a significant degree while The Colonel himself simply becomes even more of a problem."

"Simply put, involving the goblins is a lose/lose situation."

“I see you ignored my other issue. I’m sure other people are capable of fact checking you, so I’ll just tuck that mental note away for later. In any case, I wouldn’t say I’m as familiar with the Colonel’s power as the rest of you, so I should ask, why would no reaction cause a greater influx of enemies? Anyway, even if that possibility is plausible, even though, it shouldn’t be, the fact is that will happen either way eventually, as both the goblins and the Colonel have plans for the world as a whole, so it’s better that if such a thing were to happen, we would be in close contact with the situation so we can react before any major damage is done, so it’s better to have them as allies than wait for such a possibility to occur. Secondly, we dont know if that’s true yet, and it would be foolish to preclude the possibility when we have the resources to learn a large amount about goblins if we so choose, either through Iyl’s power or the tech we should be able to control here.“

“Anyway, if you can’t give the context for your intuition, there’s an equal opportunity your bad feeling is misattributed to something related to the goblins but not caused by them”

One is that nothing special happens in relation to goblin cells, in which case more of The Colonel's forces are brought to bare unless we can muster an army comparable in size, thus making it harder to actually get to The Colonel.
"Let's be honest with ourselves, it's not likely that we'll be able to kill the Colonel. I'm not even sure if he'll actually show his face, or just engage in proxy war like he did outside the White House. If he brings in more forces, Then he'll have less to occupy areas. A normal vampire can still be brought down if enough gunfire is used, it's just difficult enough that a mass number is something that can't be resisted."

"The second part though... Honestly, yeah. If Goblin blood gets swallowed up, we're in massive trouble. At best, we should probably just ask for arms from them, since they have high tech weapons."

“yea, I was about to suggest that. Even if the cells are an issue, they have the technology to send us equipment and probably some automated stuff. In any case, it’s a good idea to let them know so they can avoid him at the very least, so that doesn’t happen. Agreed?”

BB Rose was exploring the seemingly empty building when the miniature doggo came back to her barking erratically.

"What is it girl, is Little Jimmy stuck in the well? What did you say? There are some people hiding from goblins in the building and there is somebody else here?"

"Stop doing that Lady Rose it is very frustrating! They are towards the front of the building so no shenanigans or heroics, just take a quick look around then leave."

"Yeah, yeah I know don't cause an international incident while in Japan. Stop worrying about me so much Dhaly I can handle myself.", BB Rose chuckled out as she fused the miniature doggo back into the hairpin, knowing that something was awry now she pulled out her twin Desert Eagles before preceding forward with caution.

The Doppelganger hisses in my mind momentarily, annoyed at the man's questioning of its abilities.

"No, I was not ignoring it, I was simply focusing on a unilaterally more important topic, but if you're really that interested, it's not something that can be described and is better shown in practice, if anyone here is capable of magic."

"No reaction would cause a greater number of The Colonel's forces to brought out due to their own greater numbers and general effectiveness, in combination with their potent technology, regeneration, and adaption that would also required more thorough destruction of them and thus cause more powerful weapons to brought to bare. I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to by "being in close contact to prevent major damage", since having less of The Colonel's forces on alert or actively deployed is nothing but an advantage to us for a variety of reasons. As for your second response, I know enough about both goblin biology and the stranger metaphysics to be able to definitively say that I do not know how exactly The Colonel's own powers would interact with them, but the potential problem that could be caused if it's compatible is too massive to simply dismiss because it's not certain. You're trying to say that a 1% or lower chance of complete and total failure is unlikely and thus no planning should be made for it."

I then turn to Nil.

"Considering his words that I've heard, he is immensely arrogant and full of himself. He's exactly the type of person to personally appear to finish off opponents he believes he can destroy on his own, and he clearly has a low opinion of us in general. Simply put, he's much more likely to appear in person than you'd think, even if he's unlikely to stay if the tide turns even slightly. Furthermore, what you said about his forces simply reinforces my own stance that involving the goblins causes problems regardless of the specifics of what the supernatural interactions entail."

“Hmmm, you do have a point, but the fact is that if their weaponry is such a issue, having more allies to burn through it more quickly and suffer the brunt of it would be preferable, assuming they could supply better automated weaponry. Besides, again the issue of biological absorption can be solved just by asking for weapons and such instead, and if the possibility is such a big issue, we should ideally warn the goblins that such an eventuality is possible, since as you said yourself, that is a extremely bad situation for us.”

Last edited:
“Also, I should probably say that in that case, it would be better if whatever aid the goblins sent our way was used to fight on two fronts to spread out the Colonel’s forces. The fact is we have enough expendable clones to be able to do such a thing with just the equipment they send, and it would be a powerful distraction if we had goblin aid.”

Back