• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Die 2: The M E G A Thread

"... Cool."

Nil has many things to process right now, but primarily, the national anthem that's been steadily growing louder ever since the Colonel showed up.

"Pick a position, and defend it."

Nil casts protect, reflect, Regen and blink on everyone there, including himself, and flies up to near the top of the walls, waiting for what happens next.

Iyl floats up, the sword orbiting around them. Objects of various kinds appear in front of them, earth, water, fire, metal, and far more. They have life breathed into them, becoming soldiers. Iyl also creates two additional bodies for themselves.

"Ask me for anything, and I shall grant you whatever you need." Iyl said to his allies.

A magic circle is inscribed, to show their allies the vulnerabilities of enemies, to dispel any falsehoods thrown their way.

Iyl's blade of finality forms tears, designated not to harm his allies, but to harm enemies.

Last edited:
"Yeah. Right now, we need to make our stand."

Hereward appears, casting Heat Riser on Nil, as Nil charges a Giga Holy Ark in either of his weapons.

The Praetorian loyally stands at the ready, blade drawn and guns fully operational.

"You seem so sure you want to start a conflict mein Irre, perhaps our goals align, but it seems for naught. You seem to be so swayed by zem." and he gives an open palm to Nil and his crew. "Such a disappointing starter..." the Colonel shakes his head.

The strange song seems to become nearly deafening as the Colonel looks at something only he can see.
After a long and heavy silence, the voice from before returns, its words still utterly imperceptible. The speech flows in a constant stream, every sentence full of syllables that layer and interlock strangely. And then the meaning translates itself once more...

[You see much, and understand little. These small ones have no sway over us. They choose to defend my children, and I choose to let them. Their reasons for doing so mean nothing to me, and if they should decide afterwards that their desires outweigh what we have set about to accomplish in this world, then they will be destroyed with the rest of it.]

"Hold no sway, do zey? And what would zey be defending you from that you couldn't defend yourself from?" glancing to the Nuclear giant's direction before giving everyone around him an equal sneer.
[A truly shortsighted question. There are those who wish to halt our progress. They are distractions from the grand design. If these ones should attempt to drive away those distractions for us, then there is no reason to stop them. And if they should fail in that attempt...]

The voice leaves the last sentence unfinished. Its implications are clear, to those perceptive enough to understand them.

[But you speak with ulterior motives. I can see it in your eyes. What reason do you have for projecting yourself before us? What is it you intend to say to us, as your army of dead men marches in our direction?]

Last edited:
At this, it's one of the figures on the wall who responds. The first speaker, who has been watching the Colonel silently since his projected image arrived.

"Negotiations for what?"

"... You don't have the power to do that alone. Unless you're telling me you can take out Nameless' horde as well on your own and that you'll never get greedy enough to exploit nature."

There is a palpable quiet and stillness amongst the figures present. One wonders if the beings before them are somehow able to share their thoughts during these long and unnatural silences.

When the figure who serves as the primary mouthpiece for these entities begins speaking again, there is a noticeable and distinct change in her tone.

"What reasons do you have for this proposal?"

After the cells in the Petri dish adapt and create the antibodies, I ingest both them and the dead diseases’ cells.
After that I spend some time observing the flow of magic within the goblins and DeeDee.
I begin mentally charting out their flows, points in the body where magic is produced, how the magic seems to interact with different parts of the body, how they shift when they moved, when energy is being used, when the body is injured, and a variety of other situations in order to determine patterns and deficiencies in it.

After quite a while, Dura finishes eating a big majority of the forest fires, absorbing a lot of Negative Energy on the way. He stands up strong, barely getting affected.

"... You mean Ichika?"

That actually gives Nil some pause for thought. Was there a way to escape without kissing her boot...?

... That sounds great. And the major is obviously a very powerful person...

"... So why do I feel like that's something I absolutely don't want?"

‘Wait, does the Colonel have a plan to get out of here that doesn’t involve following the Goddess’ whim?’ Cain thinks to himself, this is big news to him at least.

"Well, well, well. How familiar this sounds."

Iyl would say, upon hearing the proposition.

"Freedom is a natural desire, I suppose. Though the events of this world are far from nothing."

In the distant cosmic diner.

"Not unexpected I suppose. This world is slightly different to that of our origin, so this is hardly possible. I suppose it doesn't stop them from trying, maybe some way to make the game more interesting is needed?" Ilia would point out.

"I don't believe much of anything was planned here."

Iyl would state.

"Is... Is he calling me out!? I'M GONNA *******-"

She rages for a moment. Temper, Ichika. We don't want a repeat of the Valev hunt. That poor universe...

"...Puncher, Ilia, Seven... dante, I need some advice. What do I do in this situation, exactly?"

@Hl3_or_bust

The goblin just... stares at the shadow being.

"Uh... who are you?" she asks him.

For a long time, nothing else is said. That stillness amongst the powers before them returns, as overbearing as the weight of the Colonel's words. The figures stand silently, like statues made by God.

Then the speaker's voice is heard once more, and her words are enough to shake the world to its core.

"Then do what you will. We have no reason to interfere."

Dante looks over Ichika's shoulder at her tablet for a moment.

"... why do you think he's even referring to you?"

"I'm just a traveler. I've come into possession of information that could aid your local efforts greatly."

“I honestly really don’t care whether or not we’re pieces on a chessboard or not. If we can or can’t do what we want doesn’t matter, it’s what actually happens that does.”

"Then do what you will. We have no reason to interfere."
"Are you kidding? Everything this guy just said is crazy! He's just trying to get you out of the way so he can take over the world! Do you really think he's going to avoid getting in your way with a goal like 'KILL GOD'!?"

Back